Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
zenbabe

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by zenbabe »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I see McArthur Park/Chop Suey/Short Round has "enacted the labor", and is being quoted by the BBC (what is it with those maroons?), where she attempts too pull an oolon-style "LOL, I trollz U!".
Short Round wrote:There's no reason for me to act reasonable, because I won't be taken seriously anyway. So I might as well perform crazy to point out exactly what's expected from me.
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

What is up with this little twit and her stupid use of language!

But yeah, the "I meant to do that" aspect isn't plausible, it's far more likely that Stollznow's telling the truth and nothing but the truth.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

zenbabe wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I see McArthur Park/Chop Suey/Short Round has "enacted the labor", and is being quoted by the BBC (what is it with those maroons?), where she attempts too pull an oolon-style "LOL, I trollz U!".
Short Round wrote:There's no reason for me to act reasonable, because I won't be taken seriously anyway. So I might as well perform crazy to point out exactly what's expected from me.
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

But yeah, the "I meant to do that" aspect isn't plausible, it's far more likely that Stollznow's telling the truth and nothing but the truth.
The bbc journo is considering the idea that chop suey is a satirical genius, taking it to the next level. Somebody stick occam's razor into his head.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Btw, this is happening tonight:
Secular Woman @SecularWoman

Talk to us about #ConHarassment - join our twitter chat today at 8PM EST for #EndSHWeek
7:16am · 2 Apr 14 · TweetDeck
They've been asking for people (women) to share their stories of being harassed at conferences. And I guess it'll all happen on Twitter! The very best place ever to bare personal pain and miseries to the unquestioning and loving embrace of sympathetic, eager feminists who will stab you in the back the second you step out of line.
:bjarte:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Za-zen wrote:
zenbabe wrote:

Short Round:There's no reason for me to act reasonable, because I won't be taken seriously anyway. So I might as well perform crazy to point out exactly what's expected from me.
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

The bbc journo is considering the idea that chop suey is a satirical genius, taking it to the next level. Somebody stick occam's razor into his head.
As a fan of media hoaxes and cultural jamming and the like, I will silently weep until I fall asleep tonight.

[youtube]YoZQNgAnvqs[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Za-zen wrote:
zenbabe wrote:

Short Round:There's no reason for me to act reasonable, because I won't be taken seriously anyway. So I might as well perform crazy to point out exactly what's expected from me.
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

As a fan of media hoaxes and cultural jamming and the like, I will silently weep until I fall asleep tonight.

This is how you do it. Just one of many examples:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Za-zen wrote:
zenbabe wrote:

Hang on.
"perform crazy"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I heartily enjoyed reading everyone's thoughtful responses to Skep tickle's question. Two that stood out for me were Dogen's "that the event as described by the claimant does actually constitute sexual assault.", and soylentatheist finding it a red flag if you are told you cannot question or form your own opinion.

Regarding Stollznow, the biggest problem for me by far is that she declared "I find you very interesting. Would you like to come up for some coffee?" as sexual harassment. If that is her benchmark, then we can be virtually certain that whatever Rads 'did' to her does not meet the legal definitions of sexual harassment or sexual assault.

I was less pleased to learn it was for the benefit of d1m0n3, or at least to counter his false dichotomy that one must either believe Stollzy, or one always assumes "bitches be lyin'". FTS.

Wasn't THE NIGHT OF DOUBLE POSTS a Fellini flic?

In any case, it's DAWN OF THE DOUBLE today.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

2minutesHate wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
2minutesHate wrote: No, it's a fucking lazer rangefinder you ignorant fuck.

What the fuck would PZ Myers do with a lazer rangefinder? These are most often used by hunters so they can make elevation ajustments while hunting game.
http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/

Moron.
http://swfa.com/Leica-Rangefinders-C513.aspx

Ãœber Moron.
Well ain't you just precious. Presented with multiple pieces of evidence that PZ was referring to the camera in the context of this Kwok loon and you still cling to your incorrect assumption. Mmm. Mmm. That's some damn fine stupid you got going there. Damn fine.

Whiskey Tango

Post by Whiskey Tango »

While those of us at Rebecca Watson Fan Club are well aware that most Slymepitters are angry, resentful neckbeard manginas who are jelly of Rebecca Watson, we know some of you are closet Watsonists, and doubtless most lurkers are Watsonian loyalists keeping tabs on Rebecca's haters.

With that in mind, we've got a real treat -- as the fourth season of Game of Thrones is set to premiere this Sunday, we've unearthed a previously unreleased audio commentary track for "Winter is Coming," the show's very first episode, recorded by Rebecca Watson and Amanda Marcotte in 2011. We're proud to present this commentary from two of feminism's most important figures, who shed light on the misogynist underpinnings and gender constructs of the popular epic fantasy:

http://rebeccawatsonfanclub.wordpress.com/

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, I think I got my victim cred this morning. I woke up, felt this systematic pain coursing through my loins up to my stomach, and as I attempted to relieve myself in the bathroom I almost fainted! The vision from my eyes dimmed, the warmth of my body went through a frenzy, I felt nauseous and my ears started emanating this faint hiss. It was a very unpleasant experience. Needless to say, if this was a tryout, I think it would definitely qualify me for the Oppression Olympics.

Apples

Post by Apples »

zenbabe wrote:Btw, this is happening tonight:

Talk to us about #ConHarassment - join our twitter chat today at 8PM EST for #EndSHWeek
They've been asking for people (women) to share their stories of being harassed at conferences. And I guess it'll all happen on Twitter! The very best place ever to bare personal pain and miseries to the unquestioning and loving embrace of sympathetic, eager feminists who will stab you in the back the second you step out of line.
A glance at #EndSHWeek reveals that guess who is busy as a bee on that hashtag, feministing like nothing ever happened? Hugo motherfuckin Schwyzer.

Which makes perfect sense, because he wrote this last week:
I am in the midst of what will be a very long break from public writing. The promise of an extended hiatus is a pledge I made many times last summer, but invariably failed to keep. For some time now, however, I’ve been able to stay away from doing interviews, publishing articles and blogposts, and otherwise unhelpfully inserting myself into the conversation. ...

... There is no way at this point for me to have a healthy public presence. Both my recovery and my amends to the many, many people whom I betrayed and hurt are contingent upon my staying out of the public eye for the foreseeable future. I am (briefly) breaking my silence now to make it clear that while this lengthy and painful piece in LA Magazine is almost entirely accurate, I am so very sorry both for having done the interview and for having behaved in such a dishonest and shoddy manner to so many people for so long.
I guess sending out 1 or 2 dozen public Twitter messages a day and being ubiquitous on a feminist/SJW hashtag doesn't count as having a "public presence" or "inserting yourself into the conversation."

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

zenbabe wrote:Btw, this is happening tonight:

If I had a twitter account I'd consider finally telling my stories of being sexually assaulted by Watson/ Mofo/ zvan/ Benson/PZ! :roll:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Aneris wrote:
Triple Post!

http://content6.flixster.com/question/4 ... 28_std.jpg

Oh, shut up!

free thoughtpolice

feralandproud wrote: D4m1on replies: (can't embed protected accounts, i guess)
Damion Reinhardt ‏@D4M10N Protected Tweets 7h
@Ellesun By using my FREEZE PEACH to counter what you say. Certainly a more noble approach than trying to lawyer you into the ground, eh?
Why's it gotta be "lawyer you into the ground"? Isn't it just as likely that he's trying to clear his name and salvage what's left of his reputation?
Someone should start a campaign naming Damion as a serial child molester. Plaster it all over the internet, notify his employer, his family, his friends, and put up posters all over the area where he lives and works.
Then he can demonstrate how well FREEZE PEACH works.
If anyone needed evidence that he is really stupid that tweet should do the trick.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

zenbabe wrote:
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

For those who don't know, "perform" is a buzzword in academia these days (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performativity).

"Performativity" is a bunch of scientifically illiterate and unsubstantiated hokum that people believe because it's PC to deny biology and also because it does admittedly touch on some kernels of truth (i.e., nurture does play a major role in determining our behavior and speech, and it's obvious that people do take into account how they'll be perceived when saying and doing things). Judith Butler popularized the concept in her writings on gender and sex, and I'm sure it's found its way into some SJ circles. My guess is that Park encountered it thrown around in college or by some fellow slacktivists and has incorporated it into her oh-so-progressive lexicon.

But the idea of "performativity" is that we don't even realize we're doing it. What Park is saying is that this was all satire and part of her master plan. It's transparent childish backpedaling.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Skep tickle wrote:Jumping ahead to ask people here, based on a twitter conversation just now:

What would it take for you to believe a claim of sexual harassment or assault?

Are there certain circumstances in which you'd be more likely to believe it (evidence, etc) & if so what type of circumstance(s) would that/those be, in general?

Do you think the person's gender would influence your likelihood of believing the claim?

If the claim were made by someone on one side or the other of The Schism, would the side she or he is on influence your belief in the claim?

I anticipate there will be rude answers, but am also interested in a couple of serious/straightforward responses. Thanks.
I tend to base my level of belief in sexual assault claims on skirt length.

Below the knee: RAPE!

Above the knee: WHORE!

(how was that Damion?)

free thoughtpolice

I recall where people here were talking about how men have it worse in some ways because they do dangerous jobs that women don't. It turns out jobs like logging, oil drilling, etc. aren't dangerous in themselves, it's the fact that they are male dominated and the resulting hyper-masculine attitudes result in the jobs being dangerous.
SallyStrange

2 April 2014 at 11:47 am (UTC -5)

better workplace safety practises and more job creation in the manufacturing and construction sectors.

Again, this is only a men’s issue to the extent that there’s a cultural preconception that women don’t belong in these fields.

Actually, it’s a men’s issue in another way, too: research into worker safety on oil rigs (a heavily male-dominated field) showed that in order for men to stop getting hurt, they would have to abandon their hyper-masculine, macho attitudes. These macho attitudes disdained common safety procedures as less than masculine and derided men who got hurt or expressed concern about getting hurt as weaklings, pussies… like women, you know.

You NEVER hear MRAs talking about how such exaggerated, toxic masculinity leads to bad health outcomes for men. You do hear feminists talking about it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

bhoytony wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Jumping ahead to ask people here, based on a twitter conversation just now:

Are there certain circumstances in which you'd be more likely to believe it (evidence, etc) & if so what type of circumstance(s) would that/those be, in general?

Do you think the person's gender would influence your likelihood of believing the claim?

If the claim were made by someone on one side or the other of The Schism, would the side she or he is on influence your belief in the claim?

I anticipate there will be rude answers, but am also interested in a couple of serious/straightforward responses. Thanks.

(how was that Damion?)
These bitches just begging for it by showing off their ankles and wearing makeup:
saudi-lechers_zps24929c17.jpg
(137.25 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Totally their fault. Shameless hussies leading men into temptation!

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:On Peezus' "25 years of futility" thread:
Thijs Goverde
2 April 2014 at 3:00 am (UTC -5)
Of course, and unfortunately, the obvious hypocrisy of scientists like PZ Myers is a truckload of grist to the denialist mill. The denialists’ reasoning might go:
1) if scientists really beleived AGW is a serious problem, they would change their behaviour and limit their CO2 emissions.
2) they fly all over the fucking globe, which is basically the most efficient way of putting more CO2 into the atmosphere.
3) therefore, these scientists do not really believe AG is a serious problem.
4) therefore these scientists are lying.

This might also be a reason why the denialist ‘scientists’ sound credible to some people.
PZ Myers and his ilk don’t put their money where their mouth is. The denialist ‘scientists’ may be in the habit of putting their mouth where their money is, but at least their mouth & money can be found in the same place. To some people, that might mean something.
:clap:
Epic takedown from Nerd, reaching into his pre-teen argument vault:
No, scientist, unlike YOU, understand that the plane is going there anyway. One more passenger doesn’t change anything. The hypocrisy is only in your mind. You sound like a denialist making a fuckwitted point.
What a tiresome prick. Part of me wants to register on FtB just to put the cunt in his place, using fucking citations if I have to. But honestly - if the guy is that much of a cretin to begin with there seems little point.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:JenM's mother has died.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... mccreight/

Bugger. I have lost both my parents. Life is a bitch.
Aw, that's too bad. I would honestly love to tweet her my condolences or leave a comment on the blog, but, sadly, that doesn't seem like a good idea. Perhaps she'll read this thread or someone will send her this way.

If she is reading this, I offer my deepest condolences and I hope her family is sharing the love and support they need at the moment.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

I beseech of thee Pit to please start a new thread that doesn't have Amanda Marcotte gracing the first post. Every fucking brower I use now has her grimace and cackle gracing that browser's "new tab" page or "start page" or what have you.

http://i.imgur.com/pBvtad1.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Decent article on the #cancelColbert dustup:

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/03/when-hastag-activism/

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2014/04 ... KM.twitter
Saw this on reddit and thought it must be an April fools joke. Apparently not. Considering where and how I grew up, this kind of shit just baffles me.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I recall where people here were talking about how men have it worse in some ways because they do dangerous jobs that women don't. It turns out jobs like logging, oil drilling, etc. aren't dangerous in themselves, it's the fact that they are male dominated and the resulting hyper-masculine attitudes result in the jobs being dangerous.
SallyStrange

2 April 2014 at 11:47 am (UTC -5)

better workplace safety practises and more job creation in the manufacturing and construction sectors.

Again, this is only a men’s issue to the extent that there’s a cultural preconception that women don’t belong in these fields.

Actually, it’s a men’s issue in another way, too: research into worker safety on oil rigs (a heavily male-dominated field) showed that in order for men to stop getting hurt, they would have to abandon their hyper-masculine, macho attitudes. These macho attitudes disdained common safety procedures as less than masculine and derided men who got hurt or expressed concern about getting hurt as weaklings, pussies… like women, you know.

You NEVER hear MRAs talking about how such exaggerated, toxic masculinity leads to bad health outcomes for men. You do hear feminists talking about it.

<Homer S.>
Toxic Masculinity ... is there anything it can't do?
</Homer S.>

Southern

Post by Southern »

bhoytony wrote:

(how was that Damion?)
You may laugh at that idea, but... that's what actually 65% of the fuckers down here in this tropical hellhole believe, according to a recent pool run by the government. They asked, "Do you agree with the following statement: women that use skimpy outfits deserve to be raped", or something very similar to that. 45% of the fuckers (men AND women) "strongly agreed", and 20% "agreed to a certain extent".

That, I might add, in a fucking tropical country, where most of the year temperatures are above 35ºC everywhere. Also, every February there's fucking Carnival and people get into various amount of undress for fun and games. You would think that people living in a country like that would be more tolerant of women wearing less clothing, right? Well you are a stupid fucker, 2/3 of the population think that a woman that gets raped may have it coming and she should accept that because she's a whore, dressing like that and all.

And they used to say, "The country of the Future!". Future embarassment and shame, they forgot to add. That's a real problem that pisses me off so much, and I am a MRA libertarian cis-scum neckbeard (as per PZ Myers' quote).

Southern

Post by Southern »

AndrewV69 wrote:
These bitches just begging for it by showing off their ankles and wearing makeup:
A man that doesn't fall for a pair of female ninjas is not a real man.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Za-zen wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Hang on.
"perform crazy"

I think the bbc journo is just parroting Jay Kang in the NewYorker, whos whose writing seems merely an excuse to allow him enjoy what he feels is the most soothing sound in the universe, his voice.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/n ... eport.html

Two examples:
An insufferable douche wrote:The ultimate significance of a string of tweets can always be questioned, but that a hashtag conversation on Twitter could have such resonance speaks to just how desperate Asian-Americans have been to talk about identity without deferring to the familiar binaries that shape most discussions of race in this country.
A prolix prat wrote:But after speaking to Park about what she hoped to accomplish with all this (a paternalistic question if there ever was one), I wonder if we might be witnessing the development of a more compelling—and sometimes annoying and infuriating—form of protest, by a new group of Merry Pranksters, who are once again freaking out the squares in our always over reacting, always polarized online public sphere.
Im not sure whether to shit or vomit.

Oh wait:
A wanking wonder wrote: read critical theory in college, and now make my living peddling words on the Internet.

All is clear now.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Southern wrote: You may laugh at that idea, but... that's what actually 65% of the fuckers down here in this tropical hellhole believe, according to a recent pool run by the government. They asked, "Do you agree with the following statement: women that use skimpy outfits deserve to be raped", or something very similar to that. 45% of the fuckers (men AND women) "strongly agreed", and 20% "agreed to a certain extent".

That, I might add, in a fucking tropical country, where most of the year temperatures are above 35ºC everywhere. Also, every February there's fucking Carnival and people get into various amount of undress for fun and games. You would think that people living in a country like that would be more tolerant of women wearing less clothing, right? Well you are a stupid fucker, 2/3 of the population think that a woman that gets raped may have it coming and she should accept that because she's a whore, dressing like that and all.

And they used to say, "The country of the Future!". Future embarassment and shame, they forgot to add. That's a real problem that pisses me off so much, and I am a MRA libertarian cis-scum neckbeard (as per PZ Myers' quote).
Dood! There is begging for it and totally begging for it.

Begging for it:
BeggingForIt03.jpg
(646.21 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Totally Begging for it:
BeggingForIt02.jpg
(502.52 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
Begging for it too:
BeggingForIt05.jpg
(520.36 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

another lurker wrote:Decent article on the #cancelColbert dustup:

Interesting article. URL fail on Bob Cesca's part: hastag? I has tag?

It has some problems. Imho, Bill Cosby, George Carlin, and many others are more effective allies to the "the anti-racism, pro-tolerance movement" thank Louis CK, because to my ears, Louis CK alternates between being an ignorant sanctimonious asshole to hypocritically (but not ironically or knowingly) and later treading the same paths he claims to abhor but with regards to different kinds of people.

Also I think this is a bit off.
It reminds me of every time the president doesn’t fall in line with every far-left pet issue, inciting demands for impeachment, primary-challenges or war crime tribunals, even though Obama is objectively the closest thing to an ally the far-left has had in the White House since I-don’t-know-when.
When Jonathan Turley is closer to the far-left by stating how far right Obama governs in foreign and domestic policy, and when Turley is like so many people supportive of the overall goal of the ACA but appalled at how Obama has administered and governed it, well that's when you realize this
the closest thing to an ally the far-left has had in the White House since I-don’t-know-when.
is not such a great prize and meeting a very low bar.

Whiskey Tango

Post by Whiskey Tango »

JacquesCuze wrote:I beseech of thee Pit to please start a new thread that doesn't have Amanda Marcotte gracing the first post. Every fucking brower I use now has her grimace and cackle gracing that browser's "new tab" page or "start page" or what have you.

http://i.imgur.com/pBvtad1.jpg
I've seen goatse, Brian Peppers, 2 girls 1 cup, and even that horrific video of a soldier getting his throat cut by Chechen militants, but none of those things are as disturbing as this photo. I have to wonder what could inspire such mirth in a perpetually aggrieved, miserable person. Or perhaps I'm misreading her expression and she's actually sitting on a James Deen cock mold.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

And to be totes completely clear ... these perps are like, totally, no question man ... just asking for it:
BeggingForIt01.jpg
(590.48 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
BeggingForIt04.jpg
(487.03 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote:Decent article on the #cancelColbert dustup:

In a recent interview, Colbert stated quite clearly that his role isn’t to prescribe solutions to problems, but instead to mock through exaggeration and caricaturization the people who are responsible for the problems.
Colbert's a Slymepitter! Oh noes! #killColbert

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

Lsuoma wrote:

<victim>
I lost both mine by the time I was 27.
</victim>
liar

your father died in 2011 and left you a whole damn country

and apparently your mom gave you an awesome rack

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

[youtube]Yj0h_01wXyE[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

lol, its funny because Jen McCreight is upset about her mom dying. What a retard!!

windy

Post by windy »

Southern wrote:
windy wrote: The most dangerous joke in the world:
[youtube.]8gpjk_MaCGM[/youtube]
Well, the world is going through a second Cold War, and some jokes may trigger the Russkies into launching their nukes against America. Just saying.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploa ... a-meme.jpg

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

AndrewV69 wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

(how was that Damion?)
Fucking hussies. Have they no shame? :snooty: :evil:

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:And to be totes completely clear ... these perps are like, totally, no question man ... just asking for it:
BeggingForIt01.jpg
BeggingForIt04.jpg
Haha, yeah I like the way you put a man in at the end. *See I'm an egalitarian*

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

cunt wrote:lol, its funny because Jen McCreight is upset about her mom dying. What a retard!!
Erm, I hate to point this out, but AFAICS no-one on this board has expressed anything other than sympathy.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
cunt wrote:lol, its funny because Jen McCreight is upset about her mom dying. What a retard!!
Erm, I hate to point this out, but AFAICS no-one on this board has expressed anything other than sympathy.
Oh, well I hate to tell you. But I don't take your opinion very seriously considering this was posted on the last page.
Sunder wrote:

[youtube]Yj0h_01wXyE[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

http://i.imgur.com/I5Is9wJ.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

[youtube]ydbDJqXCrFs[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

[youtube]U4yeqSgNxiE[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I was less pleased to learn it was for the benefit of d1m0n3, or at least to counter his false dichotomy that one must either believe Stollzy, or one always assumes "bitches be lyin'". FTS.
Who cares. It was an interesting question and a worthy exercise.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Cunt is indeed a cunt, but sunder that was dick

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Someone should start a campaign naming Damion as a serial child molester. Plaster it all over the internet, notify his employer, his family, his friends, and put up posters all over the area where he lives and works.
If anyone needed evidence that he is really stupid that tweet should do the trick.
Wow. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy, and certainly not Damion.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

cunt wrote:Oh, well I hate to tell you. But I don't take your opinion very seriously considering this was posted on the last page.
Yeah, I'm awful. But don't unfairly attribute my terribleness to other people.

Also that was directed at Brive, not McCreight.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dave wrote:I'm not sure whether to shit or vomit.

Oh wait:
A wanking wonder wrote: read critical theory in college, and now make my living peddling words on the Internet.

All is clear now.

You nailed him. Fucking twat.

cunt

Post by cunt »

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Someone should start a campaign naming Damion as a serial child molester. Plaster it all over the internet, notify his employer, his family, his friends, and put up posters all over the area where he lives and works.
Wait, is this a slymepit argument against total unfettered free speech?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:
cunt wrote:Oh, well I hate to tell you. But I don't take your opinion very seriously considering this was posted on the last page.
Yeah, I'm awful. But don't unfairly attribute my terribleness to other people.

Also that was directed at Brive, not McCreight.
But because I grew up in a loving lesbian relationship it went straight over my head. So all in all no foul, no harm.

[youtube]znodcpMzcnA[/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Za-zen wrote:Cunt is indeed a cunt, but sunder that was dick
It would be if I were intending to insult McCreight and if there were any chance she'd actually read it.

Since neither of those is the case it's simply taking an uncharitable interpretation of a borderline joke AND getting offended on someone else's behalf, neither of which I'm sympathetic to, sorry to say.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I was less pleased to learn it was for the benefit of d1m0n3, or at least to counter his false dichotomy that one must either believe Stollzy, or one always assumes "bitches be lyin'". FTS.
Who cares. It was an interesting question and a worthy exercise.
Apropos:

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/inde ... ctimi.html
Young workers least likely to find help, yet suffer deepest scars: Teen sexual harassment

An 18-year-old woman alleges her 42-year-old male boss cornered her in a booth at a Tigard tanning salon, stripped off her clothes and took pictures. She asked him to stop, finally pushing him away as he reached for her genitals. Desperate for a paycheck to cover her rent, the teen later asked police, “What was I supposed to do?”

A 17-year-old hostess at an Ashland restaurant alleges a male co-worker constantly asked about her sex life and danced suggestively behind her as she set tables, long after she had asked him to stop. She complained, collected witnesses and evidence and yet, she says, state and federal investigations never followed up.

A 22-year-old woman working at a Portland public golf course alleges a 42-year-old golfer restrained her in a cart as he offered to pay her as much as $80 for a sex act. Soon after, his 39-year-old friend pulled down his pants and flashed her from the front and back. When she told her boss, she alleges, he sent her back to work and let the men continue golfing.

In a recent survey, one in three teen workers reported they were sexually harassed at work. That’s a rate comparable to adult workers. But it’s likely those numbers fail to illustrate the full extent of the problem; national polls suggest as few as 5 percent of adult victims actually file harassment complaints.

Researchers say young workers are even less likely to report abuse. Often that’s because workers age 15 to 22 don’t realize the graphic comments and unwanted touching they may have tolerated in school constitutes sexual harassment at work. Of those who know it’s wrong, many are too scared, embarrassed or in need of a paycheck to speak up.

While these workers may be the least likely to report sexual harassment, researchers say, young people are more likely to be harmed by it long-term.
Off the bat, the claims in the first three paragraphs seem very believable to me. Given last night's discussion, they seem to pass the best standards suggested.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:But the idea of "performativity" is that we don't even realize we're doing it. What Park is saying is that this was all satire and part of her master plan. It's transparent childish backpedaling.
If you look at the bios of the writers on Feminist Wire you see that Sikivu Hutchinson has a "Ph.D." in Performance Studies, Aimee Cox is an "Assistant Professor of Performance and African and African American Studies," and Omar Ricks is a "doctoral student in Performance Studies."

Since I had that absurd page open, I was going to offer some more highlights from the bios of the luminaries there, but ... /regretavirus

http://thefeministwire.com/about-us/writers/

cunt

Post by cunt »

Sunder wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Cunt is indeed a cunt, but sunder that was dick
It would be if I were intending to insult McCreight and if there were any chance she'd actually read it.

Since neither of those is the case it's simply taking an uncharitable interpretation of a borderline joke AND getting offended on someone else's behalf, neither of which I'm sympathetic to, sorry to say.
That's a neat trick. Denying that anyone else can tell your motivations while subtly ascribing motivations to others. Who gives a fuck if you're sympathetic, you're still a fucking arse.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

He might be a total cunt, but he is right. The death of my parents is my worst fear. When I read of Jen's case today, I felt only sympathy.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
Damion wouldn't mind. After all he did say this:
Damion Reinhardt ‏@D4M10N Protected Tweets 7h
@Ellesun By using my FREEZE PEACH to counter what you say. Certainly a more noble approach than trying to lawyer you into the ground, eh?

windy

Post by windy »

Old_ones wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: Several tweets later, one thread of that conversation, with Notung, included this:
d4m10n wrote:@SIN_Notung There we continue to disagree. When all the non-fence-sitters are in the "bitches be lying" camp, that is strongly indicative.
(The "bitches be lying" was his comment, though in quotes in his tweet. I added the Koolaid part, hence it wasn't in quotes in my comment you quoted above.)
So then I'm guessing this clown basically thinks there are two positions on sexual harassment and assault accusations: "believe all victims" and "bitchez be lying".
I see that most of you don't understand weasel.

Damion isn't saying that all Pitters are in the "bitches be lying" camp, but that all the non-fence-sitters are. I'm assuming he admits that there are lots of "fence-sitters" or "undecideds" here, but if all the ones with a firm opinion are (according to him) in the "bitches be lying" camp, he thinks that's still "strongly indicative" that whatever he's accusing the Pit of this time is true.

Struth

Post by Struth »

This is blocked in England. it says video not available in your country.

cunt

Post by cunt »

He's right in a way. The Slymepit has exactly the same problem that Pharyngula has when it comes to dissenting opinions. No matter how reasonable, they get pushed out and the entire thing just ends up as yet another perpetual internet circle-jerk that becomes ever more radical as goes along.

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Here's my shitty theory about why they do what they do
Yeah they suck.. yeah suck it... here's my theory
Ughhh. Just there.

I still think Damion is a twat though.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

cunt wrote:He's right in a way. The Slymepit has exactly the same problem that Pharyngula has when it comes to dissenting opinions. No matter how reasonable, they get pushed out and the entire thing just ends up as yet another perpetual internet circle-jerk that becomes ever more radical as goes along.

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Here's my shitty theory about why they do what they do
Yeah they suck.. yeah suck it... here's my theory
Ughhh. Just there.

I still think Damion is a twat though.
Was that good for you? it was radical for me