Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by Gumby »

Southern wrote:Midnight Marauder will have a field day night on Pharyngula.
All hail the Midnight Marauder!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... d960e5.gif

Apples

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Apples »

TiBo wrote:
Apples wrote:
Aneris wrote:He might be a total cunt, but he is right. The death of my parents is my worst fear. When I read of Jen's case today, I felt only sympathy.
No, he's wrong. My mom died when I was 14. You'll get over it. If that's your worst fear, I hope you're never alone in an elevator with Karen Stollznow.
It probably worked out for you so well because you were so young. I was older when my grandparents died (whom I grew up with as a child), and the damage to my entire personality was immense.
Could be - that has occurred to me, and you have my sympathy. But there was nothing wrong with Sunder's post, IMO (which was not directed at Horseface anyway), and both Aneris and Cunt can *floosh* it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Sulman wrote:Well, this just all went a bit scary.

Does anyone think it will matter, though? The anti-Radford league have never really cared for evidence.

I don't think he published that with them in mind.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Does anyone think it will matter, though? The anti-Radford league have never really cared for evidence.
I reckon that's the reason once a lawsuit was filed they began screaming, "Oh, of course! He'll shut her up by ruining her financially!" Once it becomes a reality, they're less than irrelevant. Hopefully they'll all think twice about throwing around accusations without ACTUAL evidence.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I really really really, really, hope nothing happens to Baxter. I am genuinely concerned about this mans physical safety after this has been made public, and I really hope he has somewhere safe to stay. I've got a very bad feeling about this.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Tapir wrote:Baxter....
My relationship with Karen has been a rocky one. She is the most enchanting,
wonderful, spiteful, insecure, grudge-harboring woman I have ever met. The thing
that worries me is the signs that she is either a huge liar or delusional
Totes marriage material, Baxter.

:roll:
Theoretically, the only good thing about making Big Honking Relationship Mistakes is that it helps to fine-tune your relationship picker so you don't make the same errors again. Requires figuring out where you went wrong though (vs how wrong the other person is {also important}), which some people go to ridiculous lengths to avoid.

I just woke up and have to leave for work soon, and everything everywhere is shockingly compelling, everyone shut up for a while ok?
And don't say anything that makes me ache to post for the next 10 hours, because obviously whatever browser my Android phone uses is bound to double post, and so I can't respond while at work. Assuming I have time to read. It will be so frustrating!

Sigh.
Good thing I'm at least slightly masochistic I guess.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Gumby wrote:
Southern wrote:Midnight Marauder will have a field day night on Pharyngula.
All hail the Midnight Marauder!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... d960e5.gif
Please someone copy pasta, or take a picture of, his/her contributions if they happen :D

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Baxter run, run for your fucking life, don't stop, change your name, get plastic surgery.

Delusional nutjob on the loose with $40,000 to track you down, thrown at her by white knight twats.

Would be very interesting to know now just what did go on with the retraction letter, it was floated here about Baxter being the prick she was using so she could stay hands off.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Skep tickle wrote:Jumping ahead to ask people here, based on a twitter conversation just now:

What would it take for you to believe a claim of sexual harassment or assault?
Isn't it kinda sad how quick the favorite arguments against the creationists is forgotten by the so-called skeptics over at FTB?

What happened to “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” and “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”? They became invalid when the god-bots left the building?

Simple put, what I require to believe a claim is evidence. The better your evidence for a claim, the more likely I'm to believe that claim.

Also, if, IF, the stuff on Radford's site is true, then I'm kinda surprised about how she not only manage to get a relationship in the first place, but how she manages to pretty much get multiple men fighting over her, and even get them to marry her. Starting to think that the ones who were talking about how much shit Baxter will be in when they almost inevitable breaks up were on to something, IF the info is correct, then she does seem to be a bit psycho...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Calling Reap, calling Reap, report back for duty.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

ERV wrote:I really really really, really, hope nothing happens to Baxter. I am genuinely concerned about this mans physical safety after this has been made public, and I really hope he has somewhere safe to stay. I've got a very bad feeling about this.
I'm in the same fucking boat. Baxter is the one who didn't get away. Karen seems - er... stabby.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:I really really really, really, hope nothing happens to Baxter. I am genuinely concerned about this mans physical safety after this has been made public, and I really hope he has somewhere safe to stay. I've got a very bad feeling about this.
It looks like you see it coming too. Any bets she will wait till he is asleep first?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

AndrewV69 wrote:
It looks like you see it coming too. Any bets she will wait till he is asleep first?
Doubt it, she'd have to set up a self defense situation.

acathode

Post by acathode »

feralandproud wrote:

I reckon that's the reason once a lawsuit was filed they began screaming, "Oh, of course! He'll shut her up by ruining her financially!" Once it becomes a reality, they're less than irrelevant. Hopefully they'll all think twice about throwing around accusations without ACTUAL evidence.
Not going to happen... but it will still be spectacular watching the whole FTB blow up as they all fall over themselves trying to explain just why everything Radford says is wrong and incorrect and how he is still the incarnation of evil.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Apples wrote:Peezus fucking christ - I don't care how this affects Radford's case - this is as juicy as it gets (trigger warning: raep - I mean Reap)

http://benrlegal.info/wp-content/upload ... -mail2.pdf
Never stick your dick in crazy...

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

TiBo wrote:I always knew there was something shady about Avicenna ...

From his newest post @ http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... -feminist/
9. You find the idea of genital mutilation of a man being joked about on live television hysterically funny but claim misandry doesn’t exist.
A lot of feminists are anti-circumcision. Both Female and Male. Now Female genital mutilation is on many scales worse than the male equivalent, but we often see MRA derail conversations about FGM with conversations about men.

Humour punches up. Male circumcision and getting kicked in the crotch is funny for the same reason falling down the stairs is funny. It is because it is someone in power getting hurt by an attack on one of the things that gives him power. While hitting a woman is not funny since women are routinely hit by men and it’s a major problem.
Is he saying that boy toddlers are oppressors who deserve to be raped with scalpels ? Is he insane ?

(backup @ http://www.freezepage.com/1396481462LHKGIXISEV )
I don't know what point he's trying to get across. The topic seems to be an excuse to bitch about MRAs some more. Someone quotes a feminist "if you're not a feminist, you're a bigot" and they argue that's a strawman because no feminist believes that.

Um no, actually, some of them do. But whatever, it's the old "not a real feminist" thing again.

Oh and his argument about circumcision was something about "well nobody jokes about that." Um, okay... Does he realize there are women who talk openly about their preferences of cut vs uncut? Imagine swapping the genders, and men talk about women pre-FGM and post-FGM.

Maybe female and male circumcision aren't exactly analogous because of biological differences, but someone like Hjornbeck, who doesn't believe in sexual dimorphism, should treat them as exactly as bad.

cunt

Post by cunt »

So, this is a good thread name because it further reveals Lsuoma to be a passive-aggressive weakling.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

cunt wrote:Haah. Oh hang on a minute. I'll have to put on my "I CARE" studded jacket just before I take this massive shit.
No! Hold it in! We like you better constipated.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Apples wrote:Peezus fucking christ - I don't care how this affects Radford's case - this is as juicy as it gets (trigger warning: raep - I mean Reap)

You think that would be basic self preservation, but literal dickheads can't help it, they delude themselves into thinking they'll never be the ones on the bad end of that crazy, instead they'll be the ones on the good end of all the crazy sex.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Here's hoping that this is the extent of it:

http://www.sfsite.com/gra/0512/gplg.jpg

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

acathode wrote:
feralandproud wrote:

Not going to happen... but it will still be spectacular watching the whole FTB blow up as they all fall over themselves trying to explain just why everything Radford says is wrong and incorrect and how he is still the incarnation of evil.
Whatever happens, there are a couple of people that need to take a bloody hard look at themselves.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Spike13 wrote:
cunt wrote:Haah. Oh hang on a minute. I'll have to put on my "I CARE" studded jacket just before I take this massive shit.
Ah yes. Owned.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

So Demon, now that Radford has put his cards on the table, rather than an eyelid flap at you, i guess you're gonna pony up. Right?

James Caruthers

Never stick your dick in BPD.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

How to mirror a website with wget or curl...

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/dow ... -site-wget
Downloading an Entire Web Site with wget
Sep 05, 2008 By Dashamir Hoxha

If you ever need to download an entire Web site, perhaps for off-line viewing, wget can do the
job—for example:

Code: Select all

$ wget \
     --recursive \
     --no-clobber \
     --page-requisites \
     --html-extension \
     --convert-links \
     --restrict-file-names=windows \
     --domains website.org \
     --no-parent \
         http://benrlegal.info/
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux- ... -wget/883/
The quickest and easiest way to mirror a remote Web site is to use wget. Wget is similar to cURL (and I'll be the first to admit that I prefer cURL over wget), but wget has some really slick and useful features that aren't found in cURL, such as a means to download an entire Web site for local viewing:

Code: Select all

$ wget -rkp -l6 -np -nH -N http://benrlegal.info/
This command does a number of things. The -rkp option tells wget to download recursively, to convert downloaded links in HTML pages to point to local files, and to obtain all images and other files to properly render the page.

The -l6 option tells wget to recurse to a maximum of six nested levels, while -np tells it not to recurse to the parent directory. The -nH option tells wget not to create host directories; this means that the files will be downloaded to the current directory rather than a directory named after the hostname of the site being mirrored.

Finally, -N tells wget to use time-stamping, which is its way of trying to prevent downloading the same unchanged file more than once. Unfortunately, with dynamic sites being the norm, this may not work very well, but it's worth adding, regardless.

James Caruthers

I never expected Radford to post all this shit publicly. Hopefully he did it on advice of counsel, or maybe he's doing it to get Karen to settle.

If he's guilty, that sucks ass. I was kind of hoping a judge would settle all this business. I'll have to peruse his evidence, since Radford went to the trouble of posting it.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Apples wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
The attachment KS-ARREST-3_600px.jpg is no longer available
"I haz thouzandz of ur dollers"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The refined version:
i HAZ KS-ARREST-3_600px.jpg
(134.25 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

James Caruthers

And that Baxter letter, holy shit. If that's legit, and it very well might not be, Baxter needs to fucking RUN.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Lsuoma wrote:

Wellll.... Just don't marry it...and give it a fake name....and your digits are the crack hotline...
Oh yes and condoms lots 'o' condoms

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -f-christ/
PZ Myers
2 April 2014 at 8:06 pm (UTC -5) Link to this comment
Notice please that I have not linked to Radford’s disgusting violation of privacy, and I will not tolerate anyone else linking to it here, either.
I imagine it's gonna be a long night for Peezus

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

PZ has now posted on it.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

I hope he got his lawyer's OK before doing this, but I suspect he did.

This is all about salvaging Radford's reputation for the months, or maybe years, it will take before the suit can get to trial

Because she's clearly doing a lot of damage to him out of court. I think it's a smart move by him this time. At least people can look at this site, and draw their own conclusions, and retain him for speaking gigs and such
Whereas without it, people who make those decisions might very well not ask him to a con, or pay him to write an article, because they'll be seen as supporting someone who sexually assaults.

I don't know what else he could do to maintain his job before the case gets to trial

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:PZ has now posted on it.

A retreat smothered in righteous indignation is still a retreat.

He's running.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Spike13 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Wellll.... Just don't marry it...and give it a fake name....and your digits are the crack hotline...
Oh yes and condoms lots 'o' condoms
From personal experience, you might be amazed how many people will overlook something until afterwards. I almost got caught, but narrowly missed out on the crazy. friends didn't, and their experiences made me glad it never happened. Sometimes the "crazy" part seems more "wild and attractive" rather than "bunny pot".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

PZ bellows thusly:
Ben Radford has taken the next step in sleaze, dumping all of his and Karen Stollznow’s mutual correspondence to the web, along with various other documents to demonstrate that yes, they once had a relationship, that Stollznow has had some turbulent relationships with others, etc., etc., etc. None of it really matters — does he think that somehow having once had a relationship, it means he can never ever be guilty of harassment ever again?

But I just want to mention one piece of ‘evidence’ he has released to the world. It’s a selfie he took of himself, shirtless, in bed with a woman. Radford has a smug smirk on his face; the woman is covering her face with her hand, clearly not wanting any part of this exhibition. Radford has commissioned an expert in photographic analysis to compare her hand to Stollznow’s hand in other photos, to ‘prove’ that it is her. Note what he has done: he has taken a picture of a woman in an intimate situation, clearly against her wishes, and has now posted it to the web, with evidence to identify her.

And he thinks this vindicates him.

My god. What a revolting narcissistic scumbag.

TL;DR:
LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

And really? Lecturing about publishing private correspondence?

Presumably if it came via a florally named intermediary it would be just fine to publish any old thing.

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

The Radford/Stollsnow post coitus selfie just begs for a pit Photoshop

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

cunt wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Ah yes. Owned.
No, that would be the dude in the gimp mask.

decius

Post by decius »

Suddenly, privacy matters.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

feralandproud wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -f-christ/
PZ Myers
Notice please that I have not linked to Radford’s disgusting violation of privacy, and I will not tolerate anyone else linking to it here, either.
Black hole calling the kettle a big meanie.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Kenteken wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/opinion/s ... index.html

:roll:

Hope this writer never makes it past "adjunct professor." What a stupid fucking asshole.

Here is a gem:
Many of Colbert's defenders have been asking why Park and her followers should get to decide what Colbert can and cannot say? Who cares what they think?

Colbert should care what they think. Park and her followers represent a point of view that Colbert takes himself to be speaking for, liberals, racial minorities, the underprivileged. As a privileged white male, Colbert (just like the character he plays) gets his license to use what would otherwise be outrageous language because of his associations to those communities themselves.
So Park and her brigade of hypersensitive twits "represent [the] point of view ... [of] liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged"? Really? Did you poll "liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged" to see if they overwhelmingly agree with Park? Methinks not, and methinks your generalization is wrong and frankly more racist and offensive by far than Colbert's satire.
I read "a point of view" not "the point of view".
Perhaps I'm misreading it, but I parse the ungrammatical original as "a point of view that Colbert takes himself to be speaking for, [namely the one of] liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged."

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

If intentionally evading the point were a science, PZ would be a Nobel winner.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Interesting that PeeZus says that Radford's lawyer had already sent this stuff to him in order - according the PeeZus - to intimidate him.

In fact, it might have been intended to try and defuse the situation by presenting evidence in private that he, the lawyer, was expecting would come out in public if it went to trial, and may even have opined that it would be best all round for Krazy Karen if it didn't go to triel.

If that's the case, then KK may have been done a horrible disservice by everyone throwing dollars at her - essentially egging her on to go to trial - which led Radford to lay all this out in public. if, so, way to go, KK Fan Club!!! You might just have been responsible for helping her get shit smeared all over herself in public that might otherwise have stayed hidden.

Of course, KK may have pushed it far enough that this would all have come out anyway, but having a $50K+ war chest probably helped.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Sulman wrote:And really? Lecturing about publishing private correspondence?

Presumably if it came via a florally named intermediary it would be just fine to publish any old thing.
:lol:

This is one hell of a layer cake.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Does anyone really expect PZ to ever admit an error or setback?
He can crow with the best of them, but eating it?

Not so much.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Ben Radford has taken the next step in sleaze, dumping all of his and Karen Stollznow’s mutual correspondence to the web, along with various other documents to demonstrate that yes, they once had a relationship, that Stollznow has had some turbulent relationships with others, etc., etc., etc. None of it really matters — does he think that somehow having once had a relationship, it means he can never ever be guilty of harassment ever again?
Really, PZ?

Her (alleged) falsification of e-mail dates don't matter? Her (alleged) history of false allegations against other people don't matter?

:popcorn:

dogen

Post by dogen »

KS-1.13.2010.png
(828.38 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
:bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tapir wrote:
Really, PZ?

Her (alleged) falsification of e-mail dates don't matter? Her (alleged) history of false allegations against other people don't matter?

:popcorn:
Hence my last post:
If intentionally evading the point were a science, PZ would be a Nobel winner.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

http://i.imgur.com/u00MAyf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/racIupT.jpg

It seems very exploitative if not hypocritical to call someone out for invading someone else's privacy and then stick the putative victim's name all over your blog post and on your tweet.

It certainly doesn't help Stollznow for PZ to tweet all her dox are out.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Peez is spinning like a dervish....

Quiz

Post by Quiz »

Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
KS-ARREST-3_600px.jpg
"I haz thouzandz of ur dollers"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The refined version:
i HAZ KS-ARREST-3_600px.jpg
Thanks Mykeru

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

What's with all the pictures of Justin Hawkins

James Caruthers

decius wrote:Suddenly, privacy matters.
Curiously, no mention of Radford publishing Stollznow's arrest for domestic violence.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

feralandproud wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -f-christ/
PZ Myers
[youtube]FMnTQEvHb1A[/youtube]

In the dark of night
Abusing a portion of light
While others are sleeping
And some are escaping
A serpent spews out fantasy
Unjustified blasphemy
That cannot be condoned

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Sulman wrote:

A retreat smothered in righteous indignation is still a retreat.

He's running.
:lol:

That's right. Notice it's not, "Radford made X, Y, and Z argument with evidence A, B, and C, and here's why that's unconvincing."

No, it's "Radford made [not the real argument Radford made at all] and is mean. I shall not allow anyone here to actually engage with the evidence he presented."

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Quiz,
Holy shit ! That didn't take long!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

janine.jpg
(35.72 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Hi Janine! :hankey:
ing.jpg
(61.42 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Well, Ing, since you've obviously pored over Radford's information in great detail, why don't you share the "obvious bait/switch / goal posts moving / ad hom / any other linty of logical faux pas this fucker committed"? I mean, it's so obvious to you, right? It would be a simple matter for you to show everyone all of Radford's logical shenanigans, right?

*crickets*

decius

Post by decius »

James Caruthers wrote:
decius wrote:Suddenly, privacy matters.
Curiously, no mention of Radford publishing Stollznow's arrest for domestic violence.
That's just part of every healthy "turbulent relationship".

James Caruthers

And yeah, is mirroring every single damn thing Radford does on PZ's own blog (complete with childish screaming and yelling) really HELPING Stollznow's case?

Both Stollz and Radford (and possibly Baxter) seem determined to keep this court case public.