2016 Pit MVP nominations

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

2016 Pit MVP nominations

Post by Lsuoma »

Subject says it all. This will run for around a week, after which I will run a poll.

I was also going to run a Pit-Only Cunty competition, but I'm too petty to let anyone by comhcinc win that, so it's not worth doing.

Kirbmarc

Re: 2016 Pit MVP nominations

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987

Why? a) a very informative, always adjourned flowchart of the SJW infiltration of the atheism/skepticism movement b) trolling Peeze and the Horde when the fat cat left the house c) leading a livestream with Sargon in a masterful way, with precision, a clear focus, clarity and confidence.

HunnyBunny

Why? She's the Pit Sleuth for a reason. Ever since busting Avicenna as a blatant plagiarist she has found out everything about our "favorite" bloggers, both on FTB and at the Orbit, from Heina Dadhaboy and her "missing steps" to Ania Onion Bula to Ofie Benson to Alice Dreger.

Jan Steen

Why? He's the nemesis of Ph.D. Ji. Lov. Narc. Sup. Dick Carrier, Esq. He demolished countless lies, pieces of disinformation, brags, erroneous claims and just plain example of madness and stupidity of the Peer-Reviewed Spoogemaster. As a multi-talented pitter he's also created many shoops, the Pharyngulanhas and the Trans Formative Dulcamara.

Ape+Lust

Why? He (I think? I might "misgender" "xim") keeps churning out great shoops and gifs on regular basis. This place would be much less fun without him.

Aneris

Why? Everyone here is made more educated about where the SJWs come from by reading Aneris's screed. I especially enjoyed the deliberate tour the force on the developments of and within critical race theory.

Special nomination:

John Greg. We'll remember you.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ape+Lust, 'cos of those fucking funny shoops and gifs. That one of Richard Carrier AND Jimmy Savile is an all-time classic.

Closely followed by Brive1987 because of his tracking down of quotes, facts, data, etc. to brutally expose Baboons, SJWs, and other assorted cunts.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Brive. His lovely charts make keeping a track on the lies of the baboons easy. He's always cheerful and doesn't get dragged into Pit hissy fits. His sterling efforts on the recent Peez free for all went above and beyond.

Ape+Lust, you can always count on Ape to make the latest SJW outburst into something hilarious. My most popular tweets have come from sharing Ape' s awesome artwork, good to know the wider community appreciates the work Ape does here.

Kirbmarc- my go-to for sensible and thoughtful. I don't always make it to the end, but what I do read is damn fine stuff.

Really?

Post by Really? »

This is too hard. There are so many excellent Pitters who deserve special recognition. I'll take the coward's way out and limit myself to two:

Brive1987

For his excellent detective work and unwavering willingness to fuck with Latsot on Twitter.

Ape+Lust

For excellent shoop work, including Richard Savile and this image that never ceases to make me chuckle when I simply think about it:

http://imgur.com/dk8NlA0.jpg

For shits and giggles, we could consider Carrier, who did so much hilarious damage to baboon culture in 2016, to the point where PZ hired the King of Shitlords to defend him and the splinter group that shat into his mouth against a $2 million lawsuit intended to protect the reputation of a middle-aged man who put so much effort into trapping undergrad poon, all the while decapitating two of the most important organizations in skepticism because he wanted semen on his face.

As mighty as Brive is, he could not do all of that damage to SJW skepticism in a single year.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Gumby. Maybe he'll come back.
:cry:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman.

For giving us good training on how to deal with such a situation as when a rogue AI such as Skynet attains self awareness. Admittedly, I'm talking about a Skynet powered by a Zilog Z80 and a wobbly RAM pack, but, you know, it's better than no practice at all. I guess.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

1) ConcentratedH2O, OM: always erudite and insightful, this guy is the Pit's real big hitter. For xir intelligent, well-reasoned, calm yet devastating arguments, I have to go with Conc for my #1.

2) Ape+Lust: Not bad with his Gimp, or whatever it is xie uses. I suppose I may have made a sound of slight appreciation at one or two of xirse cartoons. Meh, I guess xey could be my #2 pick.

3) Brive: Clever and witty. Being Australian, xee cannot be called either of these, but I can't remember any other names so will go with xirm for my #3 choice.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I feel this year's should go to John Greg, if only for symbolic reasons.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Also, what does MVP stand for?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Mitral Valve Prolapse.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I nominate myself. Can't think of a better way to piss the Tit off.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Skep tickle wrote:Mitral Valve Prolapse.
So, you disappear for months and come back just to make a medical pun?

I've never been prouder of you!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I say John Greg gets the MVP - gone but not forgotten, sir!

Failing that, Steerso for 'pit president! Brive can twist the dagger, Jan can find the facts, Ape can make the shoops but no bugger, NO BUGGER shakes things up in the 'pit like Steersman. He's like a pedantic energiser bunny on meth amphetamine!

Steerso 2017 -make the 'pit great again!
Grab 'em by the edit button!
Build a block list (and that goofy cunt Oolon will pay for it)

*hic*

Malky

Post by Malky »

For putting most sense on the pit: Kirbmarc and Aneris hon mention Karamakin and Screwtape

I would also nominate Steers due to his indefatigable posting without ever changing his mind despite being handed his ass multiple times - the lack of self awareness is amazing

Finally Andrew V69 for insights on Islam

FT should get one every year for hosting

Stout

Post by Stout »

I'm not going to give any input into this thread because I'm not around here enough and I don't log in 90% of the time and as a resullt I don't see avatars and I focus more ion the content rather than who is writing it.

I just wanted to come in here and say nice things about John Greg.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I nominate John Greg for post-hummus MvP. I loved that old stoat. RIP in peas.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I am going to have to nominate Richard Carrier as MVP as unintentional his efforts have been.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

ERV. For the Pit.

Honorable mention goes to Dr Carrier, PhD for pulling me out of a dark mood so many times these past few months.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

...but if Carrier is ineligible for lacking an account here, throw Aneris & Kirbmarc in the hat for quality walls of text. I never skim past them.

And Brive, for any number of good reasons.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

5 votes like the Cunty? In no particular order:

* Brive.
* Ape+Lust shops are, as always, simply amazing.
* Aneris long rant/essay on Critical theory/post-modernism/sjw was a really insightful contribution that stood out for me.
* Phil is French and a really cool dude. Seriously, what are the odds on that? (Jokes aside, i just like him. Same as my Brive vote)
* Richard Carrier

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I nominate the Pit itself. Most Valuable Pit full of Most Valuable Pitizens, except for that shameless self promoting Dehydrated dihydrogen monoxide. I love youse all.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:I nominate myself. Can't think of a better way to piss the Tit off.
I also nominate Com - for demonstrating how to be an contrarian without being an outright cunt.

And because his heart seems to be in the right place.

Also:

Screwtape

Shatterface

Service Dog

for the sake of alliteration.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch, for a very detailed and informative analysis of court records and news about an allegedly racially motivated attack that got people who seem to be slum lords plenty of sympathy and roughly $50,000 for a house that was only worthy $35,000 at best.