Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Shatterface »

Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:So this is how the pit ends, not with a bang but a stutter .....
:lol: "That's ah-ah-ah-all folks! ....
Dangit, that was actually funny.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:An important topic that will be coming to the front soon. Is Melania happy?Could it be splitsville so yuge it could make your head spin?
[youtube].[/youtube]
I have noticed quite a few anti-Trump/SJW types are making fun of Melania. This is very problematic of course, since they seem to be making fun of potential gaslighting if they believe she is actually unhappy.

But then again, since when are SJWs NOT hypocritical.
David Pakman is nearly venturing into pizzagate territory with this bit of body language translation.
What did he say to her :o ? Maybe she just doesn't like political rallies.
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mexico's leader dude has cancelled his visit after getting Twitter trolled by trump today.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Didn't bother watching to the end, on account of the fact that Pakman got suckered by a reversed bit of footage. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tigzy wrote:
Didn't bother watching to the end, on account of the fact that Pakman got suckered by a reversed bit of footage. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh for fuck sake that presenter is an asshole. First off from the camera angle you can't see who it was Trump was addresing. And yes Mrs Trump's face did make a gear shift, who knows what the cause of that was in her head. Perhaps she just realized in that moment, with all the SS bodygaurds she was going to have on her ass for the next four years, she wasn't going to get to fuck her personal trainer anymore.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Tigzy »

Okay, looks like I dropped a bollock about the reverse video thing:

[youtube][/youtube]

I wonder if Trumpy's party trick is the ability to make it look like his movements are being replayed backwards?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Finally a thread outgrown the Pit! We did it, lads, 1200 pages of quality shit posting.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

sp0tlight wrote:Finally a thread outgrown the Pit! We did it, lads, 1200 pages of quality shit posting.
http://i.imgur.com/vuo9k4w.png

Malky

Post by Malky »

Further to my previous comment on the Brexit Bill here is something from a leading QC:

https://jolyonmaugham.files.wordpress.c ... .jpg?w=585

You’ll see that the UK has to make a decision to withdraw from the EU (clause 1). And then notify the Council of that decision (clause 2).

Now the Bill authorises the Prime Minister to notify the decision. But it says nothing about who gets to make the decision.

https://waitingfortax.com/2017/01/26/do ... bill-work/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Finally a thread outgrown the Pit! We did it, lads, 1200 pages of quality shit posting.
http://i.imgur.com/vuo9k4w.png
[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:[outube][outube]
I'll see your "Scottish mom" and raise you "Big Innes" ;)

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
"After watching this video do you think the countless accusations of sexual assault are more or less likely to be true?"

FFS

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum wrote:I'll see your "Scottish mom" and raise you "Big Innes" ;)
Addendum - if you're unfamiliar with it, give "Still Game" a watch (it's on YT) for some really funny Scottish humour! If you can make it through the accents/slang, it's a comedy goldmine! The "banter" between Jack, Victor and Boabie (the barman of the local dive-bar) is brilliant although it might suffer slightly in translation.

[youtube][/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:So this is how the pit ends, not with a bang but a stutter .....
:lol: "That's ah-ah-ah-all folks! ....
Dangit, that was actually funny.
:-) Nice to know that the money for a humour module upgrade was well spent. Though Skep Tickle might disagree ;-)

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Za-zen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Oh for fuck sake that presenter is an asshole. First off from the camera angle you can't see who it was Trump was addresing. And yes Mrs Trump's face did make a gear shift, who knows what the cause of that was in her head. Perhaps she just realized in that moment, with all the SS bodygaurds she was going to have on her ass for the next four years, she wasn't going to get to fuck her personal trainer anymore.
When you see the vid before he turns around, it looks like it's either just her "resting bitch face", or just the face of someone very tired - she ends up with pretty much the same expression she had before he turned around and spoke.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Re the 60 billion trade deficit between USA and Mexico. Which I see is a fact-fact.

That's a lot isn't it? I mean it's a couple hundred billion each way with a 60 discrepancy.

It was a 1.3bn deficit against 100bn total trade in 1994 and then jumped to 15.8 against 100bn in 1995 and has rolled on since. I see NAFTA was ratified by US in 1994 ......

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

At the time Clinton said:

"NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."

He just wasn't clear that it was 700k American jobs for Mexicans. I'd be very surprised to hear that America needs Mexico more than Mexico needs the US. I'd be even more surprised to hear that Mexico is a fundamental pillar for US prosperity.

But I'm willing to learn something new.

free thoughtpolice

Tony Thompson
January 24, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Giliell:
Thank you.
Those who follow me on FB know that I have a good deal of concern about the direction this country is headed. Especially in light of arguments that it is wrong to punch Nazis.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tony Thompson
January 24, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Giliell:
Thank you.
Those who follow me on FB know that I have a good deal of concern about the direction this country is headed. Especially in light of arguments that it is wrong to punch Nazis.
Well, that's mighty queer.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tam Dalyell pops his clogs.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The inventor of the West Lothian question.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also a Frisp.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And the idiocy escalates with Trump and his wall...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Women continue to die in Trump's America

Mary Tyler Moore shuffled off recently.

She didn't make it after all.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tits! North Korean tits!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and the Doomsday Clock now stands at 2 1/2 minutes to midnight.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:Women continue to die in Trump's America

Mary Tyler Moore shuffled off recently.

She didn't make it after all.
:lol: Best Post Evah! Though, as the Zero Hedge masthead quote puts it, "On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:Re the 60 billion trade deficit between USA and Mexico. Which I see is a fact-fact.

That's a lot isn't it? I mean it's a couple hundred billion each way with a 60 discrepancy.

It was a 1.3bn deficit against 100bn total trade in 1994 and then jumped to 15.8 against 100bn in 1995 and has rolled on since. I see NAFTA was ratified by US in 1994 ......

"NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."

He just wasn't clear that it was 700k American jobs for Mexicans. I'd be very surprised to hear that America needs Mexico more than Mexico needs the US. I'd be even more surprised to hear that Mexico is a fundamental pillar for US prosperity.

US exports to Canada 280 billion, trade deficit 15 billion (2015) 9 billion (2016)
Us exports to Jina 104 billion, trade deficit 320 billion
US exports to Mexico 236 billion, trade deficit 60 billion

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump- ... 2017-01-26

US and Canada both lost auto jobs to Mexico but also to automation. If Mexico's economy flounders US doesn't come out as a big winner and they come out with a large unstable country on their southern border at which point they will need one hell of a wall to keep the problems from spilling over.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:Theresa May ("my Maggie") et al. are being compelled to suck up to Donald Trump. Not quite as embarrassing as having elected him president, but still pretty embarrassing.

My favorite sentence from that article:
The Economist wrote:The country is even ready to put the queen within grabbing distance of America’s helmsman: plans are afoot for a summer state visit, in which Mr Trump reportedly wants the monarch to watch him golf at Balmoral, her Scottish estate.
The queen? The queen? How standards drop. That should be Queen. This is not any queen, This is not Elton John.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Re the 60 billion trade deficit between USA and Mexico. Which I see is a fact-fact.

US exports to Canada 280 billion, trade deficit 15 billion (2015) 9 billion (2016)
Us exports to Jina 104 billion, trade deficit 320 billion
US exports to Mexico 236 billion, trade deficit 60 billion

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump- ... 2017-01-26

US and Canada both lost auto jobs to Mexico but also to automation. If Mexico's economy flounders US doesn't come out as a big winner and they come out with a large unstable country on their southern border at which point they will need one hell of a wall to keep the problems from spilling over.
Clearly China needs to be managed, but it's surely excessive to underwrite the Mexican middle class because the country is not otherwise self-sustainable?

Maybe pocket money can be reinstated after America is great again?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Trump would probably have been warned not to try anything

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Why had I never heard of The Iron Maidens before now?

[youtube][/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

KiwiInOz wrote:Why had I never heard of The Iron Maidens before now?

[youtube].[/youtube]
Woah!

No way they're maidens, though.

;)

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Clearly China needs to be managed, but it's surely excessive to underwrite the Mexican middle class because the country is not otherwise self-sustainable?

Why not go after Germany instead? Only about 100 billion in exports and a 75 billion deficit. A bigger deficit with only a third of the amount that Mexico buys from the US. They pay top dollar for German crap, like their overrated cars. At least the cars they buy from Mexico are mostly made by Merkin companies. :think:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

[outube][outube]
Pretty good.

Check out Tina S (on YT), she's amazing for her age and does lots of cover-vids.

[youtube][/youtube]

My favorite is this (I may have linked it before):

[youtube][/youtube]

Awesome!

:character-beavisbutthead:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:

[outube][outube]
Pretty good.

Check out Tina S (on YT), she's amazing for her age and does lots of cover-vids.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Awesome!

I love Rock Chicks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Brive wrote:

Why not go after Germany instead? Only about 100 billion in exports and a 75 billion deficit. A bigger deficit with only a third of the amount that Mexico buys from the US. They pay top dollar for German crap, like their overrated cars. At least the cars they buy from Mexico are mostly made by Merkin companies. :think:

Go after Germany? That takes a bit more planning.

I think the issue here is that America had a cosy arrangement with its neighbour which then artificially blew out without the joy of BMWs in return. A measurable migration of manufacturing. So this is more a redress of an un-necessary imbalance, Not tilting at structural fractures.

Of course it doesn't help that Mexico not just "won the deal" but also exported its criminals and flooded across the border to steal even more jobs and then raped all the women. And they are brown.

It is rumoured this was taken by a Mexican photographer.

http://i.imgur.com/wiO2TxV.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:I love Rock Chicks.
I cut my "rock chick" teeth on "Girl's School" as a nipper ("Race with the devil" if memory serves me right) although it was never really about their gender. I do have a massive soft-spot for "Babes in toyland" (Grunge/punk outfit - very angry/raw music) although I'd hate to meet them in a dark alley!

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:I love Rock Chicks.
I cut my "rock chick" teeth on "Girl's School" as a nipper ("Race with the devil" if memory serves me right) although it was never really about their gender. I do have a massive soft-spot for "Babes in toyland" (Grunge/punk outfit - very angry/raw music) although I'd hate to meet them in a dark alley!

[youtube][/youtube]
Loved it. Also, Reese Witherspoon's crazy twin sister?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This article lists three reasons for deficit trading:
They can produce things more cheaply than we can, such as consumer products or oil. (Here's why this is changing with U.S. production of shale oil).

They don't need what we are good at making, such as agricultural products, industrial supplies (like organic chemicals), capital goods (like transistors, aircraft, motor vehicle parts, computers, and telecommunications equipment), or high-end consumer goods (like automobiles and medicines).

We trade a lot of everything with them, but we happen to import more than we export.
https://www.thebalance.com/trade-defici ... ty-3306264

Its puts Mexico into the last category but says that oil is the major import from Mexico. This doesn't account for the major single year turnaround in 1995 so I call bullshit. USA happens to import more because Mexico can sell shit that used to be made in America cheaper, as Third World like countries often can.

Interesting question - what if Apple had to make phones in America rather than China. The price point can't really go up if they want to sell units to young uns so profit goes down. What does more jobs and wages but less obscene profits equal? Clearly globalism isn't creating $50 iPhones.

:think:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:Loved it. Also, Reese Witherspoon's crazy twin sister?
Kat Bjelland ("Bellend" as we laughingly call her), currently heads another band - "Katastrophy wife" - very similar sound/style. She does a track called "Knife fight", it's grade-A awesome but I'll be fucked if I can find it. Here's another track, also pretty damned good!

[youtube][/youtube]

Wish I could find "Knife fight" :evil:

free thoughtpolice

Or paying $200 for running shoes made by 20 cents per hour Asian labor?
How many corporations are dodging taxes? Of course a bully likes to pick on someone they don't think can fight back so Trump won't be picking a fight with big money.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Do Americans not instantly understand that the 20% tax on Mexican imports means that they are paying for The Wall rather than Mexicans? If this is 'Mexico will pay for the wall' then I need to go and relearn the syntax of my mother tongue.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Bhurzum wrote:
Pretty good.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Awesome!

Really good, except of course when she plays with her thumb over the neck.

free thoughtpolice

The lovely Langley sisters plus some blond chick. Not rock but...
[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The lovely Langley sisters plus some blond chick. Not rock but...
[youtube][/youtube]

;)

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Bhurzum wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The lovely Langley sisters plus some blond chick. Not rock but...
[youtube][/youtube]

;)
I'll see your AC/DC and raise you a Billy Idol

[youtube][/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Hilarious! So, in the end, it was not "1488 we must secure the future of wypipo", it was not "Hitler did nothing worng", it was not Moon Man, it was not "REEEEE!" ... it was someone random who came to support the exhibit that Shia finally went off on.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

TheMudbrooker wrote:I'll see your AC/DC and raise you a Billy Idol
Wow, now that's different - in a good way!

Love the Idol cover, listening to "Plug in baby" (Muse) and will check "Creep" (Radiohead) straight after!

Cheers for the link!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Damn!

Just found a piano cover of one of the best pieces of music ever recorded - personal taste ofc.

"Echoes" (Pink Floyd)

[youtube][/youtube]

Brilliant though it may be, it's got me itching to hear the original:

[youtube][/youtube]

I never tire of listening to this track!

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

;)
They do rock too but only 2 of them in this one.
[youtube][/youtube]

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Bhurzum wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:I'll see your AC/DC and raise you a Billy Idol
Wow, now that's different - in a good way!

Love the Idol cover, listening to "Plug in baby" (Muse) and will check "Creep" (Radiohead) straight after!

Cheers for the link!
You should hear her version of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, it's fucking amazing.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Surely, there's window of sobriety when she can order without fucking up?

Uh... okay. Maybe anon could kidnap the dog before it starves.

http://imgur.com/q7x5SwO.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:Surely, there's window of sobriety when she can order without fucking up?

Uh... okay. Maybe anon could kidnap the dog before it starves.

http://imgur.com/q7x5SwO.jpg
Who buys necessities via Amazon? Its almost as if there is a physiological barrier to leaving the unit ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:Do Americans not instantly understand that the 20% tax on Mexican imports means that they are paying for The Wall rather than Mexicans? If this is 'Mexico will pay for the wall' then I need to go and relearn the syntax of my mother tongue.
I'm sure an economy as mature as the States would embrace a federally imposed "at the counter" price freeze on foreign imports. :mrgreen:

Surely the plan for pillaging send-home pay from those illegals stealing the futures from white-slice American youth is more win-win. Juan and José could have their names engraved on their bricks for just a few cents extra.

http://www.windleshamfor.com/uploads/1/ ... 1434117351

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'd tax money transfers from America to Mexico.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:Do Americans not instantly understand that the 20% tax on Mexican imports means that they are paying for The Wall rather than Mexicans? If this is 'Mexico will pay for the wall' then I need to go and relearn the syntax of my mother tongue.
I'm certainly no pro-from-Dover when it comes to economics - the dismal science (if you took all the world's economists and laid them end to end they still wouldn't reach a conclusion) - but my understanding is that, at least to some extent, if Mexico wanted to remain competitive, they would have to lower their prices. Ergo, they pay for the wall, or at least a large portion.

But not entirely sure that the wall and, in particular, deportations are the best solution; some justification for arguing that the price of food crops for Americans - and Canadians - is lower because of cheap "undocumented" immigrant labour. Might be wiser to accept higher prices and pay the workers a decent wage. However, there's more than a little justification for the argument that if a country can't or won't defend its borders then it hardly deserves to be called one:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 2aaa15.jpg