In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Pagancat

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Pagancat »

Shatterface wrote: I have a confession to make.

Although I am not ginger myself I do carry the ginger gene.

This is why I will never have kids.
I too carry the ginger gene. Fortunately I also carry the gene for premature baldness.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote: I have a pretty large blu-ray collection by most standards (well over a thousand) but I have hardly any musicals.

It's not that I don't enjoy them - I grew up watching them - but I've never gotten around to collecting them and I probably should start building up a library.

What are the essentials I need?

I have The Wizard of Oz, Blues Brothers and The Rocky Horror Picture Show (which I've still never seen!) but that's about it.
Shut up and drink ya gin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rC4X_KWl4

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Weird, though, how many gingers there are in the ranks of white islamic radicals, ain't it? No idea why this might be, especially when you try to consider the appeal of a desert religion to a people prone to skin cancer.
Islam-cant-save-your-soul-because-you-dont-have-one.jpg

And what a fine collection of men, think about all the pussy they are missing out on.
Speaking of the ultimate in goofy ginger jihadis, there is this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aukai_Collins
His book is an insight into ginger oddballs that get converted in prison and come out as wild eyed fanatics. It's probably out of print but you may be able to pick up a copy at a used book sale.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shit, man, I am so sorry to hear this. You know the Pit is filled with good people, please reach out for whatever help you need. Someone will help. Please DM me if you just need to talk.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

America! Telephone Fetus Indifference!
America! Neon Lobster in the Supermarkets of Night...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

My 4yr old granddaughter is ginger and she is absolutely gorgeous.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:

I don't think an arranged marriage is the solution to my problem.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote: I have a pretty large blu-ray collection by most standards (well over a thousand) but I have hardly any musicals.

It's not that I don't enjoy them - I grew up watching them - but I've never gotten around to collecting them and I probably should start building up a library.

I have The Wizard of Oz, Blues Brothers and The Rocky Horror Picture Show (which I've still never seen!) but that's about it.
Cabaret.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

shoutinghorse wrote: What is the world coming to? Lets hope Scotland Yard can put their greatest detective minds to work and catch this scum fast. The streets of London just won't be safe until they do :cry:

https: //twitter.com/willyoung/status/949237299237326848

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42584168
Indeed. Shouldn't have any difficulty putting them on the case, what with crime being at historic lows:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

But if you were to convert to Islam then that would be within the realm of possibility ...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

LOL .. :doh:

She'll be 9 before you know it. ;)

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:

The curse doesn't affect girls. Ginger girls affect you!
joan.jpg
(44.38 KiB) Downloaded 354 times

And this is a great excuse to you the new official pit girl!

https://media.giphy.com/media/12tcgp4SjlnBzW/giphy.gif

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

....which apparently doesn't want to embed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sMUenGnLN31K0/giphy.gif

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:11 pm
Shatterface wrote: Just wanted to say thanks to Kirb for that 'two cents' summary of the paper on population genetics.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
What? I don't even get an honourable mention for my contribution? ;-)
I thought yours was not too shabby either.
Thanks.

While my knowledge on the topic is not much beyond Genetics For Dummies - a useful book, BTW - it is generally sufficient to at least get the gist of those types of articles. Although I'm still seriously in the dark on the degree to which those SNPs correspond to genes encoding different proteins. Kind of neat that the "codons", the triplets of the 4 possible bases (thymine, cytosine, adenine, and guanine), code for 64 (4 x 4 x 4) possible amino acids that are "bolted together" to produce proteins but, as there are only some 20-odd amnio acids available, that means there are duplicates: several combinations code for the same acid. Which means, I think, that some 60-70% (two thirds) of those SNPs aren't going to have any phenotypic effects in the first place. And I'm not sure, from a brief skim of the article, whether those SNPs are part of the "junk DNA" or not in the second place.

In addition, I'm equally in the dark when it comes to the degree to which any given gene in different individuals is in the same place, given the effects of recombination/crossover during meiosis (?), and is going to be available for comparison.

Complex process - some have suggested or argued that the genome is an entire ecosystem in itself with all the complexities that entails. Fascinating though.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Truly mesmerising.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Tf00t makes a video where he doesn't repeat himself
Hell freezes over.

Its an interesting video. He ends up coming to the same conclusion as the figure that he is criticizing though, which is that people mostly kill people from the same race as them.

OT: I wonder if Steve Shives or PZ Myers will denounce him for acknowledging that black men commit a disproportionate share of murders relative to the size of their community.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: Although I'm still seriously in the dark on the degree to which those SNPs correspond to genes encoding different proteins. Kind of neat that the "codons", the triplets of the 4 possible bases (thymine, cytosine, adenine, and guanine), code for 64 (4 x 4 x 4) possible amino acids that are "bolted together" to produce proteins but, as there are only some 20-odd amnio acids available, that means there are duplicates: several combinations code for the same acid. Which means, I think, that some 60-70% (two thirds) of those SNPs aren't going to have any phenotypic effects in the first place. And I'm not sure, from a brief skim of the article, whether those SNPs are part of the "junk DNA" or not in the second place.
Yup, a large part of the SNPs don't have any phenotypic effects.They're still useful to trace ancestry, though.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
The 'race realism' argument is in two parts:

Premise 1: There are observable and measurable differences between racial groups.
Premise 2: Said differences mean that the racial groups are not compatible on a large scale.
Conclusion: An ethnostate (or multiple ethnostates) are required.
That's not race realism, that's one form of argument for ethnostates, based on race realism. Race realism in and of itself is just Premise 1.

It always seems like an odd thing to argue "for the ethnostate" - the ethnostate is the natural form of the state that has arisen all over the place, both historically, and for most races and ethnic groups in the world today.

It's just Whites who aren't "allowed" to have an ethnostate (((for some strange reason.))) (So the Alt Right story goes.)

(More accurately, Whites have been (((trained))) to forbid themselves from having an ethnostate because the slightest hint of it is immediately castigated as "anti-Semitic." Wonderful trick really - but then what else would you expect from a 115 IQ master race Chosen People? ;) )
premise 1 begs the question by assuming race exists
Not exactly an untenable assumption. You might check out that quote of Sam Harris I posted recently relative to a race-realism video Vicky had linked to.
Brive1987 wrote: premise 2 is simple assertion and would probably be turned into efficiency of culture/ethnic expression instead of 'compatibility'
Also, as indicated, intelligence shows less variation between races than within them. Kind of makes it rather silly to be using race as the basis of some "ethno state". Be further ahead to use intelligence as the criteria - we can send all of those on the lower end off on the Ark B spaceship for good measure, even if we risk species suicide due to a lack of telephone sanitizers ...
Brive1987 wrote: but race is such an elastic term RRs could probably come up with something to populate their group. For people discussing ethnostates they seem to have an obsession with skin colour instead of say, oh, ethnicity "the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition"
Sure, it's "elastic" but that doesn't mean that races don't exist. There are literally a zillion different races one can define - race of blue-eyed people, a race of brown-eyed, a race of people taller than 6 feet, a race of those shorter than 6 feet, etc., etc. The point is that race is defined by any reasonably salient phenotype and combinations thereof. The question is which ones have some utility in, say, reducing the incidence of various diseases, or in promoting beneficial attributes. Even if that shades into eugenics.
Brive1987 wrote: And this is why for all the arguable benefits of European ESs, their major proponents are kooks. Apart from Faith of course. Spencer with his demand for a universal right of return to a white homeland (of somesort) epitomises this pathetic fact
"Kooks" indeed even if Faith is a more or less "hawt" one ...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Old_ones wrote:
OT: I wonder if Steve Shives or PZ Myers will denounce him for acknowledging that black men commit a disproportionate share of murders relative to the size of their community.
The idea that one of those dingbats will try and call him a racist for this crossed my mind too. Facts are racist if they don't back up the right political dogma and so are the people that repeat those facts.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote: Hell freezes over.

Its an interesting video. He ends up coming to the same conclusion as the figure that he is criticizing though, which is that people mostly kill people from the same race as them.
This isn't surprising. Most murderers kill people they know(family, friends, acquaintances)
You are most likely to be murdered by someone you know - Of the 14,831 murders in 2007, about half of them were murdered by someone they knew (acquaintance, family member, romantic partner, neighbor or work colleague) and only about 1,900 victims were murdered by a stranger.
and most people have a majority of family members, friends and acquaintances who belong to their own ethnic group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/pbox.php ... t=20170517
We'll have to wait and see, but I think that PeeZee is going to write a blog post calling Thunderfoot a racist alt-righter or something, probably because he trusted the data provided by the ShitLordish FBI :bjarte:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: Although I'm still seriously in the dark on the degree to which those SNPs correspond to genes encoding different proteins. Kind of neat that the "codons", the triplets of the 4 possible bases (thymine, cytosine, adenine, and guanine), code for 64 (4 x 4 x 4) possible amino acids that are "bolted together" to produce proteins but, as there are only some 20-odd amnio acids available, that means there are duplicates: several combinations code for the same acid. Which means, I think, that some 60-70% (two thirds) of those SNPs aren't going to have any phenotypic effects in the first place. And I'm not sure, from a brief skim of the article, whether those SNPs are part of the "junk DNA" or not in the second place.
Yup, a large part of the SNPs don't have any phenotypic effects.They're still useful to trace ancestry, though.
Good point - had forgotten about that aspect of the process.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Old_ones wrote:
The idea that one of those dingbats will try and call him a racist for this crossed my mind too. Facts are racist if they don't back up the right political dogma and so are the people that repeat those facts.
If they do call him a racist they'll likely attack him for using data gathered by the FBI, which PZ or Shives will call more or less directly a racist/white supremacist organization.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Shatterface wrote: What's the rate of conversion to Islam among white prisoners? I've met hundreds of ex-cons and I don't recall any white Muslim converts among them.
Higher than other religions. Islam has a strange allure to violent criminals and other convicts.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I've just checked Pharyngula, just in case, and I've found this gem:
PZ Myers wrote:I've about had it with these incessant articles from an incredulous press, where some reporter runs off to some exotic (to them) rural locale where the locals mostly voted for Donald Trump, and they goggle a bit and report back that, amazingly, the people here belong to the genus Homo and have two legs and two arms and two eyes, and gosh no, they ain’t racist, no, not a bit — they’re just economically distressed. It’s a genre of lazy reporting that also includes all those interviews prior to an election with “the undecided voter”, as if finding the least informed, most chicken-shit citizens in the country will reveal some great insight.
Yeah, fuck understanding why people voted for Trump, we know it's because they're actually sub-human, there's no need to figure out why Trump won the Rust Belt, or whether some economic factor played a role, nah, it's all because ALL Trump voters are chicken-shit, not informed, racist, and fuck trying to come up with ways to convince undecided people to vote Democrat, you're either 100% on our side or you're Evil and we don't need you.

People like PeeZee are the best tools Trump can hope for. Fox News and Breitbart love to paint all Democrats and progressives as smug assholes, and smug assholes like Myers make for some excellent scaremongering.

I despise Trump, and yes, I think that racism and bigotry played a role in his election, but to actively refuse to consider any other possible factor (including economic ones), to reject any undecided person, to avoid any self-reflection about whether the Democratic Party should learn how to refocus its strategy is the dumbest choice one can make.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Rogan's no prize, either.
Thank fuck, I thought I was the only one! Rogan, for all of his smug pontifications, is still an air-headed muppet who only recently dropped his belief in flat-Earth theory. He routinely makes fun of one of his regular guests (surname Bravo, can't remember first name) because he's a full-on tinfoil hatted conspiritard and yet Rogan himself was exactly the same until recently. I think the dude has taken a few too many kicks to the head...or not enough.
Don't know what you're talking about. Rogan never believed in the flat Earth theory. You could say he's spent too much energy confronting flat Earth believers, but that's the worst you could say about him on the subject. He says he likes hanging around with and trolling conspiracy theorists for kicks and to figure out the way they think. He's definitely not one himself.

He's always struck me as an intelligent, skeptical guy who is especially good thinking on his feet and doing interviews. Talented stand-up comedian, too.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Old_ones wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Tf00t makes a video where he doesn't repeat himself
Hell freezes over.

There should be another version of the Overton window, where it is split between an upper window and a lower window, because while it is completely taboo for the media to mention any of this stuff, and universities are pushing students into being advocates for BLM.... meanwhile on social media people share videos like this and memes showing the graphs.

But aside from that, clips of shootings go viral. If I am seeing them in my timeline, you can bet my kids have seen rekt videos of blacks killing each other. In the last few weeks I have seen a video of a black woman get shot in a car park after she lashed out at somebody who threatened her with a gun. I have also seen cops shoot several unarmed black men after they either attacked armed cops or pretended to have weapons. Videos like this don't need any commentary beyond "can you believe this?".

I swear that just a few years ago, the black crime statistics were barely on anyone's radar. It is an amazing irony that thanks to BLM, if the subject comes up then people all over the world have seen these shootings with their own eyes, and will probably think, "Yeah, but in Detroit, Chicago and Philadelphia they don't act like normal people". I suspect it is largely the alt-right finding this material and making it freely available, but it's BLM that lit this fire.

You really have to wonder about the Alt-Right and Race Realists because I am pretty certain that this behaviour isn't IQ related. If I point something even remotely gun shaped at my dog it has the intelligence to run and hide. I am really surprised that they are not talking about impulse control and aggression.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:

This isn't surprising. Most murderers kill people they know(family, friends, acquaintances)
You are most likely to be murdered by someone you know - Of the 14,831 murders in 2007, about half of them were murdered by someone they knew (acquaintance, family member, romantic partner, neighbor or work colleague) and only about 1,900 victims were murdered by a stranger.
and most people have a majority of family members, friends and acquaintances who belong to their own ethnic group.

We'll have to wait and see, but I think that PeeZee is going to write a blog post calling Thunderfoot a racist alt-righter or something, probably because he trusted the data provided by the ShitLordish FBI :bjarte:
That's a rather interesting graph when you consider we have only evolved to have about 50 acquaintances (Somebody who you are on more than nodding terms with) and very few of us have more that 5 people we can call friends (Somebody who you would drop what you are doing and go help if they asked). So by my estimation only half of white americans has a black acquaintance.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I suppose that if 75% of the population were black, I’d have more black friends...or I’d be dead.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Is that the product of self segregation? Or is that race realism?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Maybe those plans to segregate college housing and other institutions are a bad idea.

What are we supposed to do? Tell white people to have more black friends? But that means telling black people to have more friends.

Being racist is hard work.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s getting a bit warm today.

http://i.imgur.com/h1JxWpA.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've just checked Pharyngula, just in case, and I've found this gem:
PZ Myers wrote:I've about had it with these incessant articles from an incredulous press, where some reporter runs off to some exotic (to them) rural locale where the locals mostly voted for Donald Trump, and they goggle a bit and report back that, amazingly, the people here belong to the genus Homo and have two legs and two arms and two eyes, and gosh no, they ain’t racist, no, not a bit — they’re just economically distressed. It’s a genre of lazy reporting that also includes all those interviews prior to an election with “the undecided voter”, as if finding the least informed, most chicken-shit citizens in the country will reveal some great insight.
Yeah, fuck understanding why people voted for Trump, we know it's because they're actually sub-human, there's no need to figure out why Trump won the Rust Belt, or whether some economic factor played a role, nah, it's all because ALL Trump voters are chicken-shit, not informed, racist, and fuck trying to come up with ways to convince undecided people to vote Democrat, you're either 100% on our side or you're Evil and we don't need you.

People like PeeZee are the best tools Trump can hope for. Fox News and Breitbart love to paint all Democrats and progressives as smug assholes, and smug assholes like Myers make for some excellent scaremongering.

I despise Trump, and yes, I think that racism and bigotry played a role in his election, but to actively refuse to consider any other possible factor (including economic ones), to reject any undecided person, to avoid any self-reflection about whether the Democratic Party should learn how to refocus its strategy is the dumbest choice one can make.
It is hard to take such analysis from a guy who lives three walking minutes from work, can't be fired and who lives in Honkyville.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“The Braid” has a message for her men.

“Come back with your shield or on it”

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/pbox.php ... t=20170517
Pretty sure almost nobody has one black friend - any more than they have 2.4 children.

The top part looks like the cast of a progressive Eighties TV show or the current population of Morris, Minnesota.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sometimes when I skip my meds I sort my Jelly Babies into charts like that.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 am
Tf00t makes a video where he doesn't repeat himself
And it is only 8 minutes long!!!!

Once you kill the redundancy and the gloating, you are left with nothing but the meat. Either someone finally got through to him, or the subject was too touchy for him to want to ramble on about it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 pm
speaking of Lauren Rose, she just got canned from twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please note: sunglasses are now &quot;hateful imagery&quot; according to twitter dot com <a href="https://t.co/OnEE2oUbGM">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Gab: Free Speech Social Network (@getongab) <a href=" 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Evidently the pink lines in her sun glasses were snippets of the "Black Sun" symbol which supposedly has ties to white nationalism/supremacy/Nazis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(occult_symbol)

Some people really have time on their hands.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've just checked Pharyngula, just in case, and I've found this gem:

One of the many shortcomings of the SocJus ethos/approach is that all substantial disagreements lead the SJW to "you are a terrible person" which is a thought terminating cliche. Hopefully the Democratic party doesn't take the PZ Myers approach to this issue - they'd be nailing themselves in a coffin to keep all the "deplorables" away. They need a platform that can be inclusive for not only minorities, but also the majority because the won't make it without white voters.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote: Sometimes when I skip my meds I sort my Jelly Babies into charts like that.
Back when I started at Amazon in 2005 a bunch of us ordered 10 kg of Gummi Bears, and used them to decorate a door desk. We then placed an acrylic sheet on top, and the Gummi Desk was born. It was moved just recently, and we found out that 12 years will dry out the GBs. So, we've ordered ANOTHER 10kg, and we're going to seal the top of the desk and the edges this time, with acrylic top and bottom, and liquid epoxy flowed on top of the bears. FUCK evaporation.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

deLurch wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 am
Tf00t makes a video where he doesn't repeat himself
And it is only 8 minutes long!!!!

Once you kill the redundancy and the gloating, you are left with nothing but the meat. Either someone finally got through to him, or the subject was too touchy for him to want to ramble on about it.
The latter but... If the subject were TOO touchy, he wouldn't have touched it at all. It is just about safe enough to touch. This is what I was getting at in my earlier post; a Lower Overton window where the rules seem to be, "Here's the facts, I'm not commenting, just sayin. Nod, nod, wink, wink, say namore!". People have even dropped the "I'm not racist but...", seems like people have got bored with doing the disclaimers.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Sometimes when I skip my meds I sort my Jelly Babies into charts like that.
Back when I started at Amazon in 2005 a bunch of us ordered 10 kg of Gummi Bears, and used them to decorate a door desk. We then placed an acrylic sheet on top, and the Gummi Desk was born. It was moved just recently, and we found out that 12 years will dry out the GBs. So, we've ordered ANOTHER 10kg, and we're going to seal the top of the desk and the edges this time, with acrylic top and bottom, and liquid epoxy flowed on top of the bears. FUCK evaporation.
Man's desire to create, striving to always improve and innovate. This is the kind of engineering ingenuity which drives civilization ever forward.

I salute you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:41 pm
I recommend Future Man if you want to watch something that's frikking hilarious and shitlordy and you also like time travel.
This. A bit into Ep. 2
I'm assuming you've never been to a frat party. That's OK. I haven't either, but I have seen Animal House and that makes me an expert.
This is the funniest TV I've seen in nearly 20 years.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It is FULL of fantastic anti-SJW shitlordery.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Dude it ain't even gotten started, man... seriously it ramps its shit up right to the end.

Fucking amazing TV.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Jerry Van Dyke has passed away. To me he'll always be Stacey Petrie from this episode of the old Dick Van Dyke show, as a shy musical comedian who comes out of his shell only when sleepwalking.

Also, star of the one-season My Mother the Car of which this is the pilot episode. What premise. I loved it.

Also apparently got four Emmy moms much later in life as an assistant coach in the series Coach.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Man's desire to create, striving to always improve and innovate. This is the kind of engineering ingenuity which drives civilization ever forward.

I salute you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY
Needs more monkeys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmX7K8noikE

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 am
So I would add race realism and race loyalty to your mix of outwardly unifying features. Some players may downplay this or even secretly disagree -
but only alone and in a locked room. My POV here ignores those simply pissed with Muslim excess. Which is, like, everyone with half a brain.
Oh yeah, race realism is pretty much implicit or non-controversial in the Alt Right position, and some degree of race loyalty too (although there's variation there too - some are happier with a degree of mixing than others).

Mainly I just wanted to point out that neither national socialism nor any other political ideology is a definitive marker of the Alt Right. A lot of them ("us" I should say, because to some extent I feel I'm on the fringes of this camp) are exercised about the survival of Whites mainly because they want to preserve things like liberalism and democracy.

I would say that there's a division between psychological types who accept the 14 words - the people who are high in "disgust" definitely have more of a racist tinge to what they're doing, they have a visceral reaction of wanting to keep their distance from other races. But a fair proportion of the Alt Right are people who are high in "openness" just like liberals, aren't emotionally disgusted by other races, but do want to preserve their own, and will fight for their own if push comes to shove.

So you've got that distinction between a libertarian wing and a national socialist wing, or between a wing that's more individualism/ideas oriented, and a wing that's more collectivist/"blood and soil" oriented.

Or: some want to preserve the race because they want to preserve the ideas they believe their race has most affinity with, others want to preserve the race full stop, because they love their people and feel indifference or hostility to other people.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

gurugeorge wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 am
So I would add race realism and race loyalty to your mix of outwardly unifying features. Some players may downplay this or even secretly disagree -
but only alone and in a locked room. My POV here ignores those simply pissed with Muslim excess. Which is, like, everyone with half a brain.
Oh yeah, race realism is pretty much implicit or non-controversial in the Alt Right position, and some degree of race loyalty too (although there's variation there too - some are happier with a degree of mixing than others).

Mainly I just wanted to point out that neither national socialism nor any other political ideology is a definitive marker of the Alt Right. A lot of them ("us" I should say, because to some extent I feel I'm on the fringes of this camp) are exercised about the survival of Whites mainly because they want to preserve things like liberalism and democracy.

I would say that there's a division between psychological types who accept the 14 words - the people who are high in "disgust" definitely have more of a racist tinge to what they're doing, they have a visceral reaction of wanting to keep their distance from other races. But a fair proportion of the Alt Right are people who are high in "openness" just like liberals, aren't emotionally disgusted by other races, but do want to preserve their own, and will fight for their own if push comes to shove.

So you've got that distinction between a libertarian wing and a national socialist wing, or between a wing that's more individualism/ideas oriented, and a wing that's more collectivist/"blood and soil" oriented.

Or: some want to preserve the race because they want to preserve the ideas they believe their race has most affinity with, others want to preserve the race full stop, because they love their people and feel indifference or hostility to other people.
I can accept that different levels of race concern exist. But the fact race is a thing at all in the debate is a huge red flag for me. It should be unimportantly implicit in erhnic defense - making it explicit at all channels National Socialism and weirdness.

“France for the French, Denmark for the Danish and let’s all celebrate western civilisation and culture!” Ie “Fit in or fuck off” has a better ring to it than “white peoples unite as blood brothers”

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 pm
America! Telephone Fetus Indifference!
America! Neon Lobster in the Supermarkets of Night...
On it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Netflix be to-the-minute trendy, yo ("Are you watch-shaming me?").

As clunky as Carrier grandstanding about "muh 15 girlfriends" for no discernable reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS08cWZrlQA

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

I wonder if PZ can shove that clueless Ivory Tower comment any further up his ass. At least Michael Moore was clued into the middle class who aren't gov't paid leeches and could understand what they were going through. And told everyone what was going to happen in the 2016 election if the Democraps didn't get off Wall Street and get back to Main Street.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote: One of the many shortcomings of the SocJus ethos/approach is that all substantial disagreements lead the SJW to "you are a terrible person" which is a thought terminating cliche. Hopefully the Democratic party doesn't take the PZ Myers approach to this issue - they'd be nailing themselves in a coffin to keep all the "deplorables" away. They need a platform that can be inclusive for not only minorities, but also the majority because the won't make it without white voters
This is pretty much what I'm worried about. The Bannon/Trump strategy seems to be based all around deliberately trolling liberals and leftists to get them to say stupid things and "expose" them on right-wing media (and now right-wing sections of social media) to scare the centrists/independent/moderates/undecided into either voting for the GOP or staying home. It's an extension of the Tea Party/Fox News approach to politics, it has worked in the past, and it's still working on social media. Hopefully it won't work with the Democratic Party thought-leaders. Clinton took the bait to an extent, hopefully the Dems have learned their lesson and will focus on Trump's factual failings, the bad policies the GOP has passed (gutting the ACA and EPA, tax cuts for the mega-rich) and the chaos created by his unpredictable administration rather than going full SJW.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

My mum told me that when she was pregnant with me she developed a craving for black jelly babies! She will always choose the black ones if offered too.

Pointless fact for the day, do carry on.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Oglebart wrote:
My mum told me that when she was pregnant with me she developed a craving for black jelly babies! She will always choose the black ones if offered too.

Pointless fact for the day, do carry on.
Once you go black you won't go back.

Unless you get tired of licorice.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: Pretty sure almost nobody has one black friend - any more than they have 2.4 children.

The top part looks like the cast of a progressive Eighties TV show or the current population of Morris, Minnesota.
Of course this is a matter of average, meaningless if applied to individuals, but the point was that most people have a vast majority of people of their same ethnicity in their social circles, so since we're all far more likely to be killed by someone we know this might explain why most white people are killed by other white people and most black people are killed by other black people. /ruining the joke

To put it bluntly if PZ Myers went on a rampage in Morris (let's say that they took away his tentacle hentai and he snapped) he's not very likely to kill any minorities, so his actions would most likely be classified as white on white crime.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:39 pm
Netflix be to-the-minute trendy, yo ("Are you watch-shaming me?").
As clunky as Carrier grandstanding about "muh 15 girlfriends" for no discernable reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS08cWZrlQA
Topical. And it would have been funny if the public was not already sick of subject.

"Polyamourus" folk were just fine until they started trying to police and regulate everyone else's sex lives according to their own standards. They didn't like it when other people tried to police their sex lives. Why on earth do they think it is acceptable to do the same to others is beyond me.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

jugheadnaut wrote: Don't know what you're talking about. Rogan never believed in the flat Earth theory.
I lack the motivation to trawl through hours of video to find the quote but it is out there. Something about a recent (mid 2K's) satellite taking pictures of the Earth and NASA releasing them before he finally changed his mind. I genuinely don't recall specifics, but I do remember rolling my eyes and thinking that the guy's a fucking oaf. Feel free to dismiss this (no citation - fair play) but I'd be hard pressed to care less.

Maybe he strikes you as a quick-witted and erudite kinda guy but I'm sceptical: I think if you removed him from the studio (no monitor, no earpiece, no behind-the-scenes lackeys scrambling around trying to marshal facts and figures for him), the Joe Rogan "experience" would be an entirely different affair. But hey, I could be wrong, maybe he'd run rings around Stephen Hawking?

Oh, and personal/subjective opinion of his stand-up: cut 'n' paste stuff, some of it funny, most of it dull as fuck. He follows the standard yank formula: yell a lot and make sure to say "bitch" and "mother fucker" as often as possible. All that's missing are spitoon sound effects, random audience members shouting "yeehaw, y'all" and perhaps the outbreak of a mass shooting or two.

I'd sooner listen to Watson do an eight hour routine about the evils of douche... :twatson:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:22 pm
I have a pretty large blu-ray collection by most standards (well over a thousand) but I have hardly any musicals.

The Sound of My Fair Lady.