There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote: :nin:
Ignorance of the law is no defence . Both of you reported to the Internet Police.
Surrender your Ip address forthwith or we will subpoena the Great Titted one.

My brother has a cat that looks like Hitler, It is still even on Street View caught outside his previous house.
But too blurred to see the offending marks so no offence has so far been taken.

On a serious note this case is a disgrace. I hope he wins on appeal.
Maybe they need David Allen Green on the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Morning Star:
Female trade union official ‘bullied off own union’s picket line on International Women’s Day’

Female trade union official Paula Lamont was hounded off a Bectu Picturehouse picket line by a mob on International Women’s Day, the Star can reveal.

Lamont, who is an elected member of Bectu sector executive committee (SEC), said that, while she is normally a confident person, the “completely one-sided and unprovoked” incident had left her “really shaken.”

In footage captured at the Piccadilly Picturehouse Central picket on March 8 and seen by the Star, Lamont is surrounded by protesters, who had joined the picket and are believed to be entirely unconnected with Prospect/Bectu, and was shouted and sworn at.

The activists can be heard shouting: “Terf! Terf! Terf! Get her out of here, she’s a Terf,” which is an acronym for “trans exclusionary radical feminist” and is commonly used as an insult towards women who question proposed changes to the Gender Recognition Act (GRA).

One activist can be heard to shout: “She’s not here in solidarity with anybody,” while another challenges her: “If you’re not here in solidarity with transwomen, then what are you doing here?”

Lamont says she felt so intimidated she had to leave the picket for her own safety.

She believes that the attack was connected with her being recognised as having attended a meeting about the planned changes to the GRA held by A Woman’s Place UK (WPUK) in London on February 27.

She said: “What upset me most about the incident is, out of the very big crowd which surrounded me and witnessed a completely one-sided and unprovoked attack, not one person felt inclined to intervene. It was a really shocking example of mob mentality. At no point did I say or do anything which could have been construed as aggressive or offensive.”

One of the activists visible in the footage of the incident appears to be a transwoman called Tanis Wolf, also known as Tara Flik Wood, who is facing court action for an alleged physical assault on a humanist celebrant and former Morning Star employee Maria MacLachlan at a separate event to discuss the GRA organised by radical feminist Venice Allan in September last year. Wolf can be heard shouting: “Terf, terf, tell your mate Venice to fuck you,” while sticking up a middle finger.

Lamont says she has never met Allan, who is the organiser of another campaign called the We Need To Talk UK and Ireland Tour which also discusses the impact of the GRA changes.

She said that as a trade unionist she had wanted to attend the WPUK event, which was held under tight security to prevent disruption, to hear what other union activists on the panel had to say about the possible effect of any new legislation.

“I was attacked purely for being identified as having attended A Woman’s Place UK meeting,” she said.

“As a female trade unionist, I believe it is my responsibility to understand as much as I can the impact of the proposed changes to the Gender Recognition Act and how the new legislation may affect women in the workplace and their rights. I felt the WPUK meeting, which was also attended by many other leading trade union women, would be the best place to hear women’s concerns.”

Prospect general secretary Mike Clancy said of the incident: “We resolutely condemn the intimidation and harassment of our members taking part in union action. We appreciate the widespread support for members involved in the Picturehouse dispute, but we want to remind all supporters that this is a lawful industrial dispute about the pay and conditions of our members and should not be used for any other purpose.”

LGBT secretary for London FBU Lucy Masoud, who was one of the WPUK speakers, said: “I utterly condemn the attack on this female trade union member. The fact that it was an attack on a picket line while she was defending the rights of other workers is absolutely disgraceful.

“I’m aware that the reason this woman was attacked was her attendance at a WPUK event, a legitimate organisation that had been discussing women’s rights to safe spaces, and I condemn the actions of these mindless thugs.

“I call on other unions, specifically women’s sections, to come out and condemn this kind of behaviour towards our female members.”

Former Sertuc regional secretary Megan Dobney, who chaired the event, said: “Activists would better use their time supporting workers’ industrial disputes than disrupting them with their own grievances.”

RMT executive member Eddie Dempsey and friend of the victim said the incident was “a complete disrespect to our movement. There are only two sides to a picket line.”

“Women are being no-platformed for expressing their opinions in their own movement and this is wrong.

“This sort of behaviour completely undermines the picket. If something like that happened on one of our pickets, the employers would be jumping for joy.”

Dempsey said that women in RMT, which has a 15 per cent female membership, had expressed concerns about changes to the GRA and that general secretary Mick Cash had been asked to provide a report about the possible impact.

“They are asking questions about what it will mean for employers’ responsibilities to female workers and the need to provide female-only spaces,” he said.

Dempsey said he thought, “as a whole, the trade union movement has ducked the issue” of the GRA and that “people were afraid of speaking out.”

“The general feeling is that people are hoping this is going to go away, but it’s not going to.

“We have to make sure as a trade union movement that we have the ability to fight sex discrimination and defend women at work,” he said.

A WPUK spokeswoman said: “Woman’s Place UK is holding meetings to facilitate respectful discussion about sex, gender and proposed reforms to the Gender Recognition Act.

“We are appalled to learn that a woman has been subject to harassment and intimidation simply because she attended one of our meetings.

“The incident is all the more shocking because the woman in question was a trade union official and was driven away from her own union’s picket line by non-union members hurling abuse at her.

“This is an attempt to intimidate women taking part in public debate and trade unionism. It should be condemned unreservedly.”

The Bectu Picturehouse dispute is part of a long-running campaign for the living wage and sick pay for staff. It has received widespread support, including from Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Speaking to the Left Foot Forward website earlier this month, Corbyn said: “I fully support your campaign to be paid the real living wage and to tackle the injustices that you face in your workplace.

“On International Women’s Day, it is right that we recognise that women are disproportionately affected by poverty pay and strengthen our resolve to tackle it.”

It is understood that TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady had visited the picket and paid tribute to the striking workers prior to the incident
https://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/art ... womens-day

feathers

Post by feathers »

The Toxic Meritocracy of Video Games: Why Gaming Culture is the Worst
...was recently published by Seattle University professor Christopher Paul, a long-time gamer who teaches classes on communications, video games, and gender issues.

In the book, Paul argues that meritocracy is evidenced by how video games value “skill and technique” and “hard work,” and contends that this meritocracy fuels everything from “the deep bred misogyny epitomized by Gamergate” to “sexist industry practices.”

“Meritocracy is insidious because it seems like the only way to build things, but there are other options,” writes Paul in a recent blog, citing games like first person shooter game Overwatch and Kingdom Come, a game “built on a conservative political ideology.”

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

feathers wrote: The Toxic Meritocracy of Video Games: Why Gaming Culture is the Worst
...was recently published by Seattle University professor Christopher Paul, a long-time gamer who teaches classes on communications, video games, and gender issues.

In the book, Paul argues that meritocracy is evidenced by how video games value “skill and technique” and “hard work,” and contends that this meritocracy fuels everything from “the deep bred misogyny epitomized by Gamergate” to “sexist industry practices.”

“Meritocracy is insidious because it seems like the only way to build things, but there are other options,” writes Paul in a recent blog, citing games like first person shooter game Overwatch and Kingdom Come, a game “built on a conservative political ideology.”
WAAAAAAAAA NOBODY IS INTERESTED IN *MY* GAME IDEAS WAAAAAAAAA STOP MAKING POPULAR GAMES

John D

Post by John D »

Haha...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"Girls who are boys who drink soy to be girls" .. :lol:

John D

Post by John D »

This is good stuff.... :popcorn:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

John D wrote: Haha...

Could someone start a Patreon for him so he can buy a shirt?

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 am

B) (more recently) the idea that immigration is part of a conspiracy on part of leftist/liberal forces to deliverately change the ethnic/racial makeup of a country for cultural/electoral reasons
This is where I think you are incorrect as I see it. Globalization and the free movement of goods and people is not a leftist/liberal conspiracy. It was the plan of the western nations from WWII on. I had never heard it put into so many words until we had heard Condoleezza Rice give her speech as she was pimping her book Democracy. You can find that speech and derivatives in the Internets from last year to this year as she talks about her book if you want to hear it.

Anyways she says.

"She defends the rule-based international order set up after World War II, but also
signals that many people have either not benefited from globalization or see many of
the changes ushered in by globalization as threats to traditional ways of life or
traditional values. Those who seek to promote globalization need to account for those
threatened by it. She also makes the case that we need to be brought together and not
be sliced and diced into “ever smaller groups,” each with their own interests. In
summary, she suggests that the voters have given policymakers and politicians a series
of strong messages, and that they should listen to the voters."

From that I gather that the political elites have planned this but have not accounted for all the shortcomings, so to label this as a leftist/liberal conspiracy would be missing the reality that both groups have pushed this.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: :nin:
Ignorance of the law is no defence . Both of you reported to the Internet Police.
Surrender your Ip address forthwith or we will subpoena the Great Titted one.

My brother has a cat that looks like Hitler, It is still even on Street View caught outside his previous house.
But too blurred to see the offending marks so no offence has so far been taken.

On a serious note this case is a disgrace. I hope he wins on appeal.
Maybe they need David Allen Green on the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial
You can't blame me - I'm not the architect.

And Your A Pussey.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:56 pm
Ahh. I will. If this Board was worth anything it would have a notification feature.
You can sub to a thread.
Mine was a weak attempt at a self depreciating insult. This board rocks.

http://i.imgur.com/I1iDGGr.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

Hard to believe that the same John D that was talking about firing people for not being appropriately dressed at work keeps on plugging this internet blowhard that looks like a refugee from a gay leather bar.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: shirt?
He wore a shirt when he collaborated with Sargon. I thought it was a wimp out.

If you want more chesty CountD commentary you need to go to the man.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Hard to believe that the same John D that was talking about firing people for not being appropriately dressed at work keeps on plugging this internet blowhard that looks like a refugee from a gay leather bar.
Don't refugees from gay bars actually have chests to show off ???

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It's Tuesday guys. The Tom of Finland thing is for Fridays.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

One way to avoid another Holocaust is to keep an eye on the guy who is First In Line To Be Gassed,
as a Canary in the Coalmine.

I have located that individual... the most #GrosslyOffensiveGenome ...the biggest bang-for-your-buck of any ambitious eugenics program:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Looks like a dirty wrong'n to me. :?

https://i.imgur.com/EUQjpzm.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote: One way to avoid another Holocaust is to keep an eye on the guy who is First In Line To Be Gassed,

I have located that individual... the most #GrosslyOffensiveGenome ...the biggest bang-for-your-buck of any ambitious eugenics program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-LJdVuuVs
I'm an excellent driver. K-Mart sucks.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Goddamn, I love Wisconsin, Junk food is deadly serious business in these parts.

http://www.wqow.com/story/37768842/2018 ... tack-in-wi

https://www.facebook.com/wisn12/videos/ ... 101615284/

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

This is not bad for a Beeb report. It does tar him with the Tommy Brush a touch, but Baddiel and Gervais (both very popular with your left-of-centre liberals) quotes both included and the tone is mostly matter of fact. I repeat my earlier stance that people are generally going to think this is a step too far.

I'm going to write my (tory) mp again over this, and donate money to Dank if he needs it (I donated previously).

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:15 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I'd happily see the dour moaning gits do it, only my granny was a beloved Campbell and there aren't many places where a hairy, knobbly kneed white guy can feel at home.
Beloved? Well that's one word for the Campbells I suppose - I sure there are others from those that have not yet forgotten Glencoe.

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Ad ... gn-007.jpg
Campbells were set up and scapegoated by John Dallrymple who hated Highlanders, especially the Macdonalds. I believe that most of the troops involved were not Campbells. The Campbell in charge was the drunkard blacksheep of the clan acting under gubmint orders and the troops deliberately made a hash of the job with around 120 soldiers only killing 38 people. Macdonald animosity is so far over the top it's ridiculous.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Cunts will be cunts.

She made her point and someone needs a kick up the bum.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What’s really annoying is that the room was packed with 170 people who wanted to hear and there were queues outside.

:cdc:

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

I thought Hex was funny.... actually, for some reason I often find him funny. Sometimes he is even right.... haha.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Stankeye wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 am

B) (more recently) the idea that immigration is part of a conspiracy on part of leftist/liberal forces to deliverately change the ethnic/racial makeup of a country for cultural/electoral reasons
This is where I think you are incorrect as I see it. Globalization and the free movement of goods and people is not a leftist/liberal conspiracy. It was the plan of the western nations from WWII on. I had never heard it put into so many words until we had heard Condoleezza Rice give her speech as she was pimping her book Democracy. You can find that speech and derivatives in the Internets from last year to this year as she talks about her book if you want to hear it.

Anyways she says.

"She defends the rule-based international order set up after World War II, but also
signals that many people have either not benefited from globalization or see many of
the changes ushered in by globalization as threats to traditional ways of life or
traditional values. Those who seek to promote globalization need to account for those
threatened by it. She also makes the case that we need to be brought together and not
be sliced and diced into “ever smaller groups,” each with their own interests. In
summary, she suggests that the voters have given policymakers and politicians a series
of strong messages, and that they should listen to the voters."

From that I gather that the political elites have planned this but have not accounted for all the shortcomings, so to label this as a leftist/liberal conspiracy would be missing the reality that both groups have pushed this.

See also the Kalergi plan.

Stout

Post by Stout »

Service Dog wrote: One way to avoid another Holocaust is to keep an eye on the guy who is First In Line To Be Gassed,

I know the guy's kinda special and all, but I really really want to hit him.

Am I a bad person ?

Keating

Post by Keating »

And you don’t have to go to the insane alt-right conspiracy theories about Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi. His Wikipedia page has this extract from a book of his:
The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard ... ve-Kalergi

I think something would be lost if all races merged into one homogeneous spieces. In the same way I think it’s sad the last northern rhino just went extinct. Some preservation is necessary to preserve diversity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

I thought Hex was funny.... actually, for some reason I often find him funny. Sometimes he is even right.... haha.
I like Hex. But I find it easier to listen to him rather than watch

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stout wrote:

Am I a bad person ?
It's Jimmy Two-Times, Two-Times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Stout wrote:

Am I a bad person ?
Not if it made him shut up. I lasted 1min. A man has to know his limitations.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:15 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I'd happily see the dour moaning gits do it, only my granny was a beloved Campbell and there aren't many places where a hairy, knobbly kneed white guy can feel at home.
Beloved? Well that's one word for the Campbells I suppose - I sure there are others from those that have not yet forgotten Glencoe.

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Ad ... gn-007.jpg
Campbells were set up and scapegoated by John Dallrymple who hated Highlanders, especially the Macdonalds. I believe that most of the troops involved were not Campbells. The Campbell in charge was the drunkard blacksheep of the clan acting under gubmint orders and the troops deliberately made a hash of the job with around 120 soldiers only killing 38 people. Macdonald animosity is so far over the top it's ridiculous.
Excuses! Next you'll be blaming Rumpole.

https://bornonthesameday.files.wordpres ... umpole.jpg

Stout

Post by Stout »

TBH, I only made it halfway through the Harem King video, I was mesmerized by the stupid ( and possibly that upskirt drawing in the background ) before I shut it down with prejudice.

I found this to be an interesting take on the whole issue, wish I'd thought of it.

One minute video

I like this auto embed feature :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Stout wrote: TBH, I only made it halfway through the Harem King video, I was mesmerized by the stupid ( and possibly that upskirt drawing in the background ) before I shut it down with prejudice.

I found this to be an interesting take on the whole issue, wish I'd thought of it.

One minute video

https.://twitter.com/CyberHarm/status/976114507801128960

I like this auto embed feature :)
Ja. Das ist gut.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyCJNRTBgpA

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

The nervous Minneapolis cop who last year shot and killed a help-seeking Australian woman has been charged.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/20/m ... -shooting/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

While Southern and Goldy put their necks on the line, PZ is agitating in his own way.

He wants you to throw money at Secular Women to fund their echo chamber.

And he wants we to thus work for your little orange sticker that proclaims you a member of the Outrage(d) Brigade.

Not exactly a Totenkopf.
Are you one of those people who, when your sense of justice is offended, simply sit quiet and avoid rocking the boat? Do you always defer to authority, even when they’re clearly wrong? Are you one of those people who enjoy pointing and screeching at outsiders doing things against your sensibilities, but when a member of your in-group does exactly the same thing, you look away? Do you judge whether someone is right by how popular they are?

Then go away. You don’t get to join the Outrage Brigade, and you haven’t earned this nifty sticker, which you can get by donating to Secular Women Work.

I am a proud member of the Outrage Brigade, but don’t accept my say-so. Join because you feel the rage in your bones.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm
While Southern and Goldy put their necks on the line, PZ is agitating in his own way.

He wants you to throw money at Secular Women to fund their echo chamber.

And he wants we to thus work for your little orange sticker that proclaims you a member of the Outrage(d) Brigade.

Not exactly a Totenkopf.
I am a proud member of the Outrage Brigade, but don’t accept my say-so. Join because you feel the rage in your bones.
Meh, there's only one thing he'll get a raging boner for, and even then my guess is that it'd merely be slightly miffed...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers mocks an article in The Atlantic, something about storytelling being linked to evolution.

Sadly, the article is 5 years old and - as one commenter there points out - appears in the Entertainment section. A serious scientific piece it is not, though I am not surprised that Meyers is unable to see the difference between lighthearted puffery and science.

https://i.imgur.com/PStySZb.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What about the dog? Sure, it was Just Following Orders... but, well, there's precedent there.

Ladies & Gentlemen of the Jury, I present... the Spandau Dog Pound...

https://www.hu-spa.de/

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Don't know how useful this talent is but pretty impressive:

https://www.facebook.com/HYGO/videos/1850276155050778/

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Richard Dawkins' books to be translated and freely available for download in Islamic majority countries/languages.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: What’s really annoying is that the room was packed with 170 people who wanted to hear and there were queues outside.

The idiots are driving people to Goldy rather than letting her speak and perhaps become disenchanted. They cede the argument with a tantrum. I suspect they want to drive people right-ward to maintain their shrieking victim status.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: What’s really annoying is that the room was packed with 170 people who wanted to hear and there were queues outside.

The idiots are driving people to Goldy rather than letting her speak and perhaps become disenchanted. They cede the argument with a tantrum. I suspect they want to drive people right-ward to maintain their shrieking victim status.
I quit trying to tell the crazy new left that the best case against the Westboro Church is the Wesboro Church. The best case against the far right guys in that Tiki Torch parade were those far right guys in that Tiki Torch Parade. The lefty journalist who interviewed one of the leaders of that TIki Torch parade was genius, she just let the quy talk, and talk and talk. Just a question here and there to keep him talking. He was a complete embarassment, he made his 'cause' a complete embarrasment.

But no, dress up like a Nazi in all black and swing sticks, show you are as extreme as the other side, yeah, that'll work.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Lsuoma wrote:
I think that Kirb is missing a lot of nuance right now
Yes. While I'm deeply opposed to ethno-nationalism philosophically, there are several ways it can manifest itself in policy that are reasonable and can't possibly be said to be the province of Neo-Nazism or even the alt-right.
  • Immigration Policies

I think just about everyone aside from radical libertarians and anarchists agrees that nations are justified in having gate-keeping policies on immigration, especially in the state the world is today. It's perfectly reasonable for these policies to give preference to those that are most likely to assimilate organically and peacefully into the majority culture, although an optimal immigration policy would balance this with economic and humanitarian concerns and not use race or religion as an inexorable proxy for culture. However, the use of race or religion as an element within a heuristic for assessing the cultural suitability of an applicant is probably unavoidable in practice, and hardly Nazi-ish.
  • Policies which require accommodations within the majority national culture to facillitate an immigrant culture

Personally, I believe these must be taken on a case by case basis and in cases where the accommodation is largely symbolic and avoids conflict with a deeply held cultural belief, it should be seriously considered. However, these kinds of policies are usually based on the idea that the majority culture must be infinitely elastic while immigrant cultures must be treated as completely rigid, which is a pernicious idea that should be opposed, and one can certainly do so without any taint of being a Neo-Nazi.
  • Policies which explicitly benefit the majority culture at the expense of immigrant cultures

Here's where we get to the domain of the Richard Spencers of the world. We also have the example of Quebec, which is an unusual situation, and while I would readily call Quebecois preservation laws illiberal and even fascist, I don't think they can fairly be called Neo-Nazi. A culture whose continued existence relies on being defined and coercively maintained by the government is a culture that deserves to die. Of the three, this is the one expression of ethno-nationalism that disturbs me, and I don't think it's been advocated here.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Don't know how useful this talent is but pretty impressive:

https://www.facebook.com/HYGO/videos/1850276155050778/
I'm now simultaneously hungry and have lost the desire to eat.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

TheMudbrooker wrote: Goddamn, I love Wisconsin, Junk food is deadly serious business in these parts.

http://www.wqow.com/story/37768842/2018 ... tack-in-wi

https://www.facebook.com/wisn12/videos/ ... 101615284/
That's one way of putting it. Too bad this McDonalds wasn't employing this guy:

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Interesting twist.

Could PornHub be the replacement for YouTube?

Via KiA

https://www.pornhub.com/users/inrangetvshow/videos

In Range is a gun show that has moved from YouTube to PornHub. Currently with 3 videos, none of which seem to be anything but a "sfw" gun show.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Eiynah got a nice find. She has moved left since Trump's election. Her round table discussion on the allegations against Krauss had an Elevator gate synopsis some of you might find maddening.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

#32 Rat wrote: Eiynah got a nice find. She has moved left since Trump's election. Her round table discussion on the allegations against Krauss had an Elevator gate synopsis some of you might find maddening.
Imo, NiceMango never really moved left. She just stop pretending to be somewhat reasonable.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
#32 Rat wrote: Eiynah got a nice find. She has moved left since Trump's election. Her round table discussion on the allegations against Krauss had an Elevator gate synopsis some of you might find maddening.
Imo, NiceMango never really moved left. She just stop pretending to be somewhat reasonable.
Sure, when people want great sex they think of Peterson. Completely staged Tawana Brawley scenario to mention Peterson in some kind of a fucked up SJW light.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

To be clear,

> And then he said "take that Bucko" while giving me a facial

is as believable as the story she presented. NiceMango is an idiot and has always been. She looked reasonable for a while because she pretended to be. She wanted to fit in, she said the right things, at least for a while. She's a leftist Mike Cernovich.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well there are certain types of porn that NiceMangos finds distasteful - I'll have to put that in the 'useless fucking information' file.

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm
Richard Dawkins' books to be translated and freely available for download in Islamic majority countries/languages.
SJW outrage in 3, 2, ...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
I think that Kirb is missing a lot of nuance right now
Yes. While I'm deeply opposed to ethno-nationalism philosophically, there are several ways it can manifest itself in policy that are reasonable and can't possibly be said to be the province of Neo-Nazism or even the alt-right.
  • Immigration Policies

I think just about everyone aside from radical libertarians and anarchists agrees that nations are justified in having gate-keeping policies on immigration, especially in the state the world is today. It's perfectly reasonable for these policies to give preference to those that are most likely to assimilate organically and peacefully into the majority culture, although an optimal immigration policy would balance this with economic and humanitarian concerns and not use race or religion as an inexorable proxy for culture. However, the use of race or religion as an element within a heuristic for assessing the cultural suitability of an applicant is probably unavoidable in practice, and hardly Nazi-ish.
  • Policies which require accommodations within the majority national culture to facillitate an immigrant culture

Personally, I believe these must be taken on a case by case basis and in cases where the accommodation is largely symbolic and avoids conflict with a deeply held cultural belief, it should be seriously considered. However, these kinds of policies are usually based on the idea that the majority culture must be infinitely elastic while immigrant cultures must be treated as completely rigid, which is a pernicious idea that should be opposed, and one can certainly do so without any taint of being a Neo-Nazi.
  • Policies which explicitly benefit the majority culture at the expense of immigrant cultures

Here's where we get to the domain of the Richard Spencers of the world. We also have the example of Quebec, which is an unusual situation, and while I would readily call Quebecois preservation laws illiberal and even fascist, I don't think they can fairly be called Neo-Nazi. A culture whose continued existence relies on being defined and coercively maintained by the government is a culture that deserves to die. Of the three, this is the one expression of ethno-nationalism that disturbs me, and I don't think it's been advocated here.

I'm nor prejudicially opposed to immigration control or to asking for standards for integration. I think that the devil is in the details, but certainly there are ways to write restrictive requirements in a non-racist way.

Switzerland, for example, has some pretty strict immigration laws, and doesn't automatically grant citizenship without the approval of a local council.

However putting race/ethnicity EXPLICITLY as the foundation of a narrative for specific policies is always pretty unsavory.

Moreover Pettibone, Southern, Sellner ARE advocating for explictly ethnic based nationalism. Pettibone is also involved with conspiracy theory circles (she's one of the biggest promoters of the PizzaGate BS) while Sellner is assiciated to several far-right organizations in Austria and Germany. Southern is also in close contact with Generation Identitaire, which is a group with shady, vague goals, and whose members have often spoken in terms of Steersman-esque "population transfers" and deprivation of rights.

In other words: it's one thing to ask all children to take part in swim lessons or shake their female teachers' hands regardless of their religious beliefs, or to limit immigration to those who already have jobs, or to expel criminal foreigners, or to stop funding to religious/political associations from foreign powers who promote messges hostile to the laws and principles of your country or to have a high bar for citizenship.

It's another thing to promote an apocalyptic narrative based on ethnicity/race, with conspiracies about secretive powers planning ethnic displacement, and to encourage judging people according to their ethnicity, while considering them collectively responsible for the demise of a country.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

This of course doesn't mean that I approve of the censorsing of ideas I find morally repugnant or counterproductive.

Or that I think that the UK system of censorship isn't highly illiberal, because it is (the "Nazi pug joke" debacle is showing just how bad things are, even more so than the Southern Situation).

I simply don't think it's worthy to encourage far right ethno-nationalist memes and conspiracy theories to promote a healthy debate on immigration.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote: And you don’t have to go to the insane alt-right conspiracy theories about Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi. His Wikipedia page has this extract from a book of his:
The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard ... ve-Kalergi

I think something would be lost if all races merged into one homogeneous spieces. In the same way I think it’s sad the last northern rhino just went extinct. Some preservation is necessary to preserve diversity.
How important really is Kalergi to the history of politics? He's a pretty obscure figure, who is mostly remembered for his weird views on a future uber-race of New Egyptians.

The conspiracy theory here is thinking that western governments follow the goals of a minor political figure.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

fuzzy wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm
The nervous Minneapolis cop who last year shot and killed a help-seeking Australian woman has been charged.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/20/m ... -shooting/
Why is not being described as a "racist" murder?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I'm nor prejudicially opposed to immigration control or to asking for standards for integration. I think that the devil is in the details, but certainly there are ways to write restrictive requirements in a non-racist way.

Switzerland, for example, has some pretty strict immigration laws, and doesn't automatically grant citizenship without the approval of a local council.

However putting race/ethnicity EXPLICITLY as the foundation of a narrative for specific policies is always pretty unsavory.

Moreover Pettibone, Southern, Sellner ARE advocating for explictly ethnic based nationalism. Pettibone is also involved with conspiracy theory circles (she's one of the biggest promoters of the PizzaGate BS) while Sellner is assiciated to several far-right organizations in Austria and Germany. Southern is also in close contact with Generation Identitaire, which is a group with shady, vague goals, and whose members have often spoken in terms of Steersman-esque "population transfers" and deprivation of rights.

In other words: it's one thing to ask all children to take part in swim lessons or shake their female teachers' hands regardless of their religious beliefs, or to limit immigration to those who already have jobs, or to expel criminal foreigners, or to stop funding to religious/political associations from foreign powers who promote messges hostile to the laws and principles of your country or to have a high bar for citizenship.

It's another thing to promote an apocalyptic narrative based on ethnicity/race, with conspiracies about secretive powers planning ethnic displacement, and to encourage judging people according to their ethnicity, while considering them collectively responsible for the demise of a country.
I am in agreement that this stuff is an issue.

Yesterday I watched Stefan Molyneux interview Tommy Robinson. It should be fairly obvious that I find both of these people questionable for various reasons, however I do find it interesting to hear what they are thinking. For the most part Robinson stayed on-point, he's very well informed about immigration facts and figures, and that shows as his approach has generally improved from ranting to showing concern. It's still very much based in emotional manipulation but credit where it's due, it's tempered with a lot more reason and fact now.

Where I think he's still on dodgy ground is towards the end of the interview, where Robinson makes the claim "we are being replaced". I think this fallacious, as it contains the unstated major premise that there are particular powers with a deliberate plan to "replace" white people.

Now I do not dispute the facts on the ground - migrations figures are what they are - but I do take issue with the kind of logic that foments conspiracy thinking like this. Combine that with repeated bashing of "the left" despite the fact that we haven't had a "left" government here in quite some time - unless Robinson considers the Tories to be a leftist party - and what you end up with is a victimhood narrative with scant factual basis.

I wish he would simply make the case that the general trends have led to a bad outcome, and suggest a methodology to deal with it. But instead what you get is anger and innuendo, which I think is counter-productive at best.

He is constantly framing the debate in collective terms - the 'natives', the 'muslims', the 'sikhs' etc and attributing behavioral characteristics to these groups instead of focusing on the specific actions which are bad or how to deal with any of it.

I do think people need to hear what he is saying, and maybe the form it takes will shock some people into realisation about islam. But it's full of identity politics and collective blame thinking, which is what caused this in the place.