Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
cunt

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by cunt »

soldierwhy wrote:Evening folks. Another long term lurker here, I did register a few days ago but you fuckers post like it's going out of fashion and every time I refresh the page I get engrossed in reading the latest chapter of the FtB saga.

I've been a fan of ERV since her early forays at After the Bar Closes and Uncommon Descent (fuck, how long ago was that!) and been actively following the atheism/religion debate for quite a few years now. In fact I see a lot of commonalities between the current set up at FtB and Uncommon Descent - mutual back-slapping, ostracise dissenters and a culture of victimhood. Who says Americans don't do irony? It really is car crash tv, I've seen some shit in my time but the implosion of PZ and his ilk never ceases to be entertaining. Just when I think they couldn't possibly top themselves, I log in the next day and by jove, they have managed it!

I am a serving British soldier and if you think 'salty language' as despised by the FtB crowd is the sign of the end times I urge you not to even consider visiting a site like http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar-27. I reckon RW and OB would have apoplexy over there.

Anyway good to be here, virtual beers on me.
Welcome to the pit.

decius

Post by decius »

codelette wrote:What if physical attributes are discussed as part of an anthropological studies of sorts? Like, sometimes I wondered what how do the the males that were going after the "young pretty" ladies looked like or their how were their personalities. Call me a shallow cunt, but given how the female specimens look I can only imagine the he-beasts the males were. I also sometimes think that if these "young pretty" ladies were placed on the clubs I used to hang out at they'll have their wish of being left alone wanted.
No, PZ, I am not a MRA. I am just a woman that had to deal a lot with male attention back in the day. Call me an observer of human nature.
Sure there are always exceptions, but what you describe is a far cry from the juvenile cheap shots that has been passed for humour here.

We might have met before, in a club or another.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... pzCUNT.png

So one of the most recent individuals to register is a "regular"? You're such a lying piece of shit, P. Zachary. Fuck you!
Sigh. I used to think PZ was a smart man. Now, not so much.
And that's all while ignoring the rest of his blatant mischaracterization. [Which has been thoroughly dissected by many others, to include youself, by now...] There was just something about his "Look! Even one of the regulars believes it might be a fellow slymepitter!" that made me lose it.

decius

Post by decius »

bhoytony wrote: I don't give a flying fuck what PeeZus or his clown troupe say about me, I don't care what they think of me and by the way I don't give a fuck what you think either.
That's fine by me. You do realise that Neanderthals are as entertaining and puzzling to watch to some of us as jakeys are to you.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

AndrewV69 wrote:When I first encountered the above image for me it was a genuine WTF? moment. At that point I came to the conclusion that PeeZuss was not a feminist, he was just posing as one.
Mykeru wrote:I don't object to the over-use of "misogyny", I object to its use at all. You have to be a special kind of asshole to have a pathological hatred of women. The problem that MRAs have with the word is that it takes a special kind of asshole to accuse someone of being a misogynist for proposing the radical notion that women are adults.
Brownian
12 October 2012 at 10:49 am
It seems they think that any male who buys into all that “women are people too” crap have never had sex.

It’s PUA thinking. They need the trope of the beta male to see themselves as alphas.

That’s right boys, we’re all AFCs* over here, stuck in the ‘friend’ zone. Gosh, high school is like totally the worst. [Pines for the cool girl totally out of his league.]

*Average Frustrated Chump. Actual PUA term.
It puzzles me that so many of the adult women among the Baboons have no suspicions about the males they're hanging about with. They are, or claim to be, paranoid about men in general to an absolutely ludicrous degree. Yet they have no problems with those who parade the line: "Yes Mistress, I am unworthy, a mere potential rapist, unfit even to be your toilet slave."

If you have two possible interpretations of what a person says:
1. They have a contempt for their own gender which amounts mental illness.
2. They're lying. (Maybe just to you, maybe to themselves too.)
It's worth giving at least some consideration to theory 2.

Brownian mentions PUAs. I don't know that much about them. (Since expending time, money and effort getting stupid neurotic women into bed doesn't interest me.) But I know this: Among campus bed-post-notchers fembots are often a target. As I once heard it expressed: "If you can stay up 'til three in the morning agreeing with everything they say, they'll probably have sex with you."

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
welch wrote:
I grew up in MIami in the 70s and 80s. I got more diversity in a weekend in the Grove than PeeZus's seen in his life.
Oh, I don't know about that. I bet The Peez has some pretty "diverse" equipment in his basement. That and the Thursday night "yiff pile".
Yiffing. Pfft. friend of mine had to arrest a guy mid-blowjob. The goose wasn't real happy about its role in the whole thing. Yiffing is for the weak.
I'm starting to wonder if there is some alternative definition for "yiffing" that I'm not aware of. Previous internet forum experience exposed me to furries, and "yiffing", as I understand it, is what it's called when furries get it on, which includes anything from dry humping to full on intercourse.

codelette

Post by codelette »

What PUA means?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Badger3k wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Keating wrote:PZ doesn't like you any more Oolon:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... hat-again/

Doesn't like Scented Nectar's 'hypersceptisim' either.
From that same post:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... pzCUNT.png

So one of the most recent individuals to register is a "regular"? You're such a lying piece of shit, P. Zachary. Fuck you!
He (deliberately) misstates why she said it - and I may be guessing, but she can tell me if I'm right - because we are the boogeymen of their nightmares, and get blamed for everything, and some have trolled them a time or two. The first thought that will come to them is "he/she/zir/xe/wtf is a slimepitter" as natural as breathing to them, and any rational person would ask "is this anyone here?". It's a bit of self-defense - if someone was that stupid or ignorant, I'd want to avoid them too.
You are correct. Having been around the 'net for a *very* long time, I do have a pretty good idea that people will sometimes pretend to be something they aren't and will very occasionally hang out on boards/sites for the trolling.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

decius wrote: Sure there are always exceptions, but what you describe is a far cry from the juvenile cheap shots that has been passed for humour here.
http://cdn.publishme.se/cdn/2/500279/im ... 397053.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

decius wrote:
bhoytony wrote: I don't give a flying fuck what PeeZus or his clown troupe say about me, I don't care what they think of me and by the way I don't give a fuck what you think either.
That's fine by me. You do realise that Neanderthals are as entertaining and puzzling to watch to some of us as jakeys are to you.
Well so far you seem to have called the posters here numbskulls and neanderthals. Apparently we are juvenile as well.
Your first contributions to this forum were whining about tone and you've not changed since. Please continue to call me names to prove your point, I really don't mind.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Help support the Slyme Pit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, a lot of you will remember that the cunts at Google deep-sixed my AdSense account for alleged click fraud.

You'll probably have noticed that I have been jiggering around with the page footer, and have now set it up to reference my Amazon.com associates account. If you click on the link in the footer you'll be taken to a basic page with a search box at top right. If you purchase your Amazon.com goodies through that search box, it'll help the pennies come in to support the Pit.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions...

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

codelette wrote: Sometimes I wonder if PZ and their ilk want more "diversity" at their cons just because they like in places like MN (where if you check the demographics is AnglosaxonLand, USA). That way they can experience "exotic peoples" as a novelty from time to time and they go back home and talk to their middle class, white friends about how interesting other cultures are or something. Is like playing social warrior without having to get to close to the undesirables...
It's referred to as 'collecting'. Think of it as social justice Pokemon. They collect the unprivileged persons and use their powers to get offended on everybody's behalf.

ReneeHendricks

Re: Help support the Slyme Pit

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Lsuoma wrote:So, a lot of you will remember that the cunts at Google deep-sixed my AdSense account for alleged click fraud.

You'll probably have noticed that I have been jiggering around with the page footer, and have now set it up to reference my Amazon.com associates account. If you click on the link in the footer you'll be taken to a basic page with a search box at top right. If you purchase your Amazon.com goodies through that search box, it'll help the pennies come in to support the Pit.

Saw that and am totally on board :)

decius

Post by decius »

bhoytony wrote: That's fine by me. You do realise that Neanderthals are as entertaining and puzzling to watch to some of us as jakeys are to you.
Well so far you seem to have called the posters here numbskulls and neanderthals. Apparently we are juvenile as well.
Your first contributions to this forum were whining about tone and you've not changed since. Please continue to call me names to prove your point, I really don't mind.[/quote]

Jebus, should I watch my language?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Lsuoma wrote:So, a lot of you will remember that the cunts at Google deep-sixed my AdSense account for alleged click fraud.

Only one: Why did you do a few hours ago before I spent £100 over there. You'll have some wait before I'll be able to do it again!
codelette wrote:What PUA means?
It means Pick-Up Artist. How much of it is for real and how much is bullshit to sell books/vids/courses to desperate males I couldn't say.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

real horrorshow wrote:
Brownian mentions PUAs. I don't know that much about them. (Since expending time, money and effort getting stupid neurotic women into bed doesn't interest me.) But I know this: Among campus bed-post-notchers fembots are often a target. As I once heard it expressed: "If you can stay up 'til three in the morning agreeing with everything they say, they'll probably have sex with you."
PUAs (Pick-Up Artists) I guess run the gamut from guys who genuinely, if misguideldly, just want a way to "figure out" women to nihilists who are just preying on neurosis and stereotypes to get laid. So either you get guys "doing it wrong" when it comes to finding love and connection, or are masters of a soulless pursuit.

I don't know much about them, but the main PUAs strike me as similar to those 3:00 am infomercials showing you how to get rich in real estate. Obviously the people making them aren't getting rich in real estate, they are getting rich selling the method to supposedly get rich to morons. I have no way to gauge how "successful" PUAs are, but mostly they are just selling something.

The only reason PUAs enter the discussion at all is that FFTBs and A+ people are in the business of strawmanning by conflating MRAs with PUAs in much the same way fundamentalists like to act like all atheists are Nietzschean (actually that's a different Venn as there may be no overlap between PUAs and MRAs except that both are part of the loose "man-o-sphere") In fact in the recent Watson at HFA 2012 videa Watson's one-line dismissal of MRAs is claim they "fight viciously against, and I quote 'stupid whores'" I am willing to bet good money that Watson is intentionally quoting a PUA, not an MRA. Which just adds another layer to her being a lying little shit-bag.

The Peez is going to have to work overtime defending that keynote address of Watsons, because it's about an hour of lazy-assh, probably hung over rehashing of her same old shit with some new lies of omission and outright howlers.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

decius wrote:
Jebus, should I watch my language?
Yes I find it rather juvenile you cunt.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I like this video:

JohnTheOther pins it down pretty nicely.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Just wanted to reiterate this so it isn't lost in the ether:
Al Stefanelli wrote:I wasn’t planning to leave so soon, but you let the cat out of the bag on your blog before I had a chance to really do anything.
[In response to Ophelia Benson]

So he hadn't planned on leaving just yet, but Ophelia felt she had to announce it on her blog.

Also, oolon, the shit he's pulled on FTB and A+theism -- obfuscating facts, redefining them -- has fucked a lot of the perception of him I find charitable. However, if PZ Myers thinks he's enough of a shit to ban him, he can't be that bad. So tell you what, oolon, I'm willing to give you another go but pull that shit again and we're done professionally, man.

By the way, Al, if that's you, love it if you joined in! These guys aren't so bad. A bit of elbow grease and they're right as rain!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Also reading the latest PZ gaffe, I can't get this out of my head:

[youtube]nCQGQ5qBQTA[/youtube]

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

real horrorshow wrote:
Brownian
12 October 2012 at 10:49 am
It seems they think that any male who buys into all that “women are people too” crap have never had sex.

It’s PUA thinking. They need the trope of the beta male to see themselves as alphas.

That’s right boys, we’re all AFCs* over here, stuck in the ‘friend’ zone. Gosh, high school is like totally the worst. [Pines for the cool girl totally out of his league.]

*Average Frustrated Chump. Actual PUA term.
It puzzles me that so many of the adult women among the Baboons have no suspicions about the males they're hanging about with. They are, or claim to be, paranoid about men in general to an absolutely ludicrous degree. Yet they have no problems with those who parade the line: "Yes Mistress, I am unworthy, a mere potential rapist, unfit even to be your toilet slave."

If you have two possible interpretations of what a person says:
1. They have a contempt for their own gender which amounts mental illness.
2. They're lying. (Maybe just to you, maybe to themselves too.)
It's worth giving at least some consideration to theory 2.
Knowing what I know about males, I am suspicious of grovelers and ass-kissers. Part of me feels anger at the injustice I perceive when I see your stereotypical "nice guys" get taken advantage off by women who are not and never were interested in them, but the fact is that even the "nice guy" persona is manipulation. [LOL, dictionary words] If I was a woman, knowing what I know, I would hold the highest degree of contempt for grovelers and whiteknights. Maybe I'm too much of an asshole to perceive that others might appease and grovel for purely altruistic reason, but it all seems phony to me.
I know enough. I understand why they are seen in a negative light by many, but I wouldn't write them all off. There are plenty of clueless, confused men out there, and I think they provide a useful service for these. [Moderation considered, but who the fuck am I to tell anyone else how far to take it?] I've helped a few of my male friends lose their virginity, and I don't feel bad about it at all. [Awkward kids I met when I started college.] The large majority of men seeking this info are lonely bastards who just wish they knew the first thing about relating to a woman. ["Relate" as in how to successfully interact with them, not as in how it feel to menstruate. I think feminism covers the latter. :lol: ] Their "game" amounted to going with what mom told them about always being nice and just telling them how you feel! :doh:

Not sure why Bronie is bringing up PUAs though. It doesn't take a PUA to observe that you're a hopeless groveler that will do anything for a fucking bone...

decius

Post by decius »

I think the interjecting anonymiser may defeat the purpose, but I could be wrong.

Mykeru

A Request

Post by Mykeru »

Looking for more link candy regarding the doxing of Elevatorgate and branding him a stalker.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

The comedian, PZ Myers wrote:Some horrible little man murdered his girlfriend by stuffing a live octopus down her throat, and then claiming it was an accidental death by choking while eating a traditional Korean meal.

It’s tragic and terrible, but I notice that no one is mentioning the other victim:

the poor cephalopod murdered by mastication.
*rimshot*
Hey, Korea: your practice of eating living octopus is cruel!
Peezus christ.

decius

Post by decius »

ReneeHendricks wrote:I like this video:

JohnTheOther pins it down pretty nicely.
Indeed.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

decius wrote:

I think the interjecting anonymiser may defeat the purpose, but I could be wrong.
No, it doesn't make any difference. Thanks for the concern though...

Dick Strawkins

Re: A Request

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Mykeru wrote:Looking for more link candy regarding the doxing of Elevatorgate and branding him a stalker.
Lying Canuck mentions it in the comments here:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... r-the-sca/
Jason Thibeault says:
October 5, 2012 at 6:44 am ADT

GumboFood: perhaps you have more information than I have, then. My understanding of the situation is that Amy provided the name she received from the DMCA counterclaim to conference authorities so they were aware that the ElevatorGATE hate-blog owner would be flagged as a potential security risk, and some unknown entity floated some name (that nobody’s confirmed as belonging to ElevatorGATE) on some forum or other. Did anything come out other than hir name? Was it confirmed hir information? Perhaps you could provide links, since you’re looking for “news” about this?
I think elevatorgate himself reported it at the time (another one of his 'Brave Hero' posts) but might have deleted it as I can't see it now.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

aeryk wrote:New member here, I used to be on the fence back when elevatorgate first happened. After that I didn't think much of it or follow it but when the whole Thunderf00t debacle took place, I started paying attention again. I have to say that the behaviour of several of the bloggers over at FTB as well as the commenters (which I've never really liked anyway!) has pushed me over the edge and I'm now firmly on the side of the Slyme Pit et al.
Welcome, aeryk! You're about the 150th person to introduced herself/himself here in a similar manner! :dance:

Skeptical Cat, former PZ Myers fan who now thinks he's a big dick and no longer goes near pharyngula

Post by Guest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Looks like PZ's linking to us means we have an influx of guests.
Feel free to comment please!
We don't hate women - many of us are women (and not just on weekends)!
Only a few of the regulars are MRAs and those that are tend to keep away from that topic because the rest of us get bored.

Misogyny?
Yes it's not a thing to be encouraged and woman hating is a definite no-no on this site.
Those that make rape threats or threats of violence have never been tolerated here.
We do, however, have some disagreements over what constitutes misogyny.
Some say using certain words (bitch, cunt etc) means a person is misogynistic.
Others disagree.

Can posting certain images be misogynistic?
Certainly.

Try this one and then try to figure out which feminist hero posted it...
http://i.imgur.com/TqUdr.jpg
When I first encountered the above image for me it was a genuine WTF? moment. At that point I came to the conclusion that PeeZuss was not a feminist, he was just posing as one.

As some of the regulars here can attest, I considered myself an "equity" feminist at the time and it was clear to me that this was a slip up by PeeZuss revealing what he really thinks about women in general in the innermost core of his being.

The fact that PeeZuss could not see it at the time is telling. Messages are transmitted between us at a fundemental level using symbols. They can not be ignored, filtered or spun, they impact us at the core, we can rationalize them afterwards, but the message conveyed within them can not be denied at our most fundemental level.

This is PeeZuss as he is at his core.
I disagree, mostly because I have a strong dislike of armchair psychology or whatever it is in the second last paragraph. That said, I think it's just further evidence of two things: a) that there are obvious double standards when it comes to criticism of women. An insinuative image like that here would be branded as misogynistic, but because they "are on the right team" they get a pass. See: the Laden situation; and b) for PZ, criticism of religion and religious fanatics trumps any sense of humanism that the A+ community worship. Because Bachmann is a Republican, hardcore religious politician ie. fucking scumbag piece of shit fuckface fucker asshole dickhe-...oops sorry that last one is vile and offensive, my bad :roll: , the fact that she is a woman who deserves to be respected to the same degree as others in the A+ movement seemingly goes out the window. "But look at how awful a person she is! It's not misogynistic to lambast this woman! Why? Because she deserves it! She's one of those cultish freaks! Look, she's anti-gay and pro-life!"

welch

Post by welch »

PUA: every guy who is able to have sex with someone not their hand.

It's most used by manipulative shits playing the "nice guy" game. I'm sure every woman on the board has dealt with it. It's the whole "oh, our relationship is TOO SPECIAL for mere animalistic things like sex. I love you in a pure, unvarnished way."

all the while, angling for that pity fuck he feels he's 'earned' because he's 'been there for you' and it's 'his turn'. It's really quite disgusting. I've seen "nice guys" spend YEARS working that shit, and all they want the whole time is to stick it in.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Lsuoma wrote:
decius wrote:

No, it doesn't make any difference. Thanks for the concern though...
Link doesnt work for me. I get a blank page?

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Mykeru wrote: I don't know much about them, but the main PUAs strike me as similar to those 3:00 am infomercials showing you how to get rich in real estate. Obviously the people making them aren't getting rich in real estate, they are getting rich selling the method to supposedly get rich to morons. I have no way to gauge how "successful" PUAs are, but mostly they are just selling something.
Oh yes. There are a LOT of those. It seems there is a lot of money to be made in selling "success with women" to men. And some of it is kind of creepy too. The NLP [Neural Language Processing] brand of PUArtistry creeps me the fuck out. Just the idea though, I'm not entirely sure that it works.

I've gotten into trouble by mentioning some of my knowledge of pick up to the women I know, too. There was one friend that I recommended recommended OKCupid to. She returned with stories about some of the ways that men initiated conversations on there, so I started giving her some of my thoughts on the subject, and eventually let her know about pick-up, and how it affected my perception of the whole dating thing.

Several months later, after we ended up having a one-night stand, she started accusing me of having used PUA mind tricks to get her into bed. The fact is that all that was involved was a liter and a half of wine in my system, half a liter in hers, and her being extra flirty with me. [I think I've mentioned this story before. It was very traumatic. :violin: ] The level at which I currently employ "PUA tricks" are; believing physical beauty is common, indifference, and assuming that women are attracted. If these things are "mind tricks", [on anyone other than myself] then some of the men I know are fucking Jedi Masters!

decius

Post by decius »

ERV wrote: Link doesnt work for me. I get a blank page?
In my case, Adblockplus prevented it from opening.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote: Link doesnt work for me. I get a blank page?
Browser? Sometimes Firefox doesn't like this: I've tried Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari, and all are OK except Firefox sometimes...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Got it-- AdBlock blocks it, lol! Just disable on the page and everything pops up fine :)

oolon, slimy turd

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
oolon, slimy turd wrote:
welch wrote:Oolon may not be posting anymore, but he sure is a lurky little fuck.
Wonder if he gets extra tea bags from PZ?
Hehe fuck you
Hey there, you little fucking liar :) How's that not researching shit going for you? BTW, Ophelia realizes you're wrong as well: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-304121

Time to pull your nose out of FfTB asses, Oolon.
To be honest Renee I thought it was funny that you saying that person is not a pitter would appear to PZ to be 'sticking up for it' while at the same time it would appear here to be 'sticking up for the pit'. I did no great amount of research or go to my secret sceptic-lab in the basement to mull it over I just tweeted riffing on my perceived dissonance there. You do realise that things said on twitter are often pretty spur of the moment so not necessarily well thought out?

What is it with FtB'ers (some) and the 'Pit Crew' (some) jumping to say lie!lie! As soon as someone says something that could be interpreted as incorrect? That was one of my main beefs with Stephanies post on Bluharmony - I may be very gullible but I think it is perfectly possible she was mistaken about that as she stated in her apology and not lying but everyone was shouting Lie!Liar! Which, IMO, does nothing for the conversation... Sorry for the tone trolling...

AKAHorace

Post by AKAHorace »

From the pharyngulate, DLC a fellow old believer (i.e. who still spells it slimepit).

>Why are people spelling it “slymepit” and not slime pit or slime-pit or rotten lousy hole full of stinking diseased fly-ridden crap ?"

So someone else who wants to burn you slymepitters at the stake.

Seriously though, I think that PZ has restarted this charade to energize his base. These guys need someone to pile onto and fewer people are naive enough to waste time trying to reason with them. So he has not had anyone to ban for a while, the tone is getting tepid, they miss tearing in to someone and so are forced to pick a fight with Oolon (who seems a nice enough guy).

We should start turning up at his talks with "Atheists do it in elevators" t-shirts to give them something to get enraged about.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Indifference is deffo the reason I'm with my current husband. My first husband sold himself to me by telling me how clevar I was. I'm such a fucking sucker! LOL

decius, if you don't like the comments from some people I don't know why you don't hide them. :/ We're not really trying to sell ourselves here - James wrote a fantastic postabout the ongoing concern people have had about the Slimepit's use of language, tabloid reporting (heh!) and other cheap laughs. We're all going to have different views on this and I don't think this is the type of place where we're going to write up a code of conduct. (If so I'ma guess I'll be banned quite quickly.)

Also: hi to new people and lurkers... I will 'ave a beer thanks soliderwhy. :)

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Oh, the shame, I fucked up the URL link. :oops:

animaculo

Post by animaculo »

what's the deal with "women are real people too"? Do they think that the pitters believe that women are holograms or what?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

New episode of Peezus and O

http://i.imgur.com/6ET9l.jpg?1

http://skepsheik.blogspot.se/2012/10/pe ... ode-7.html

Pitchguest gets a shoutout!

aeryk

Post by aeryk »

For those of you who missed the amusing exchange between Al Stefanelli and Natalie Reed yesterday:
http://skepdirt.wordpress.com/2012/10/1 ... e-nagging/

Can't win with these people eh?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

aeryk wrote:For those of you who missed the amusing exchange between Al Stefanelli and Natalie Reed yesterday:

Didn't Ray Comfort have a webpage which asked a series of questions about you, and if you answered yes you were good in all of them, it said NO ONE CAN BE GOOD ALL THE TIME YOU ARE A LIAR.

decius

Post by decius »

rayshul wrote: decius, if you don't like the comments from some people I don't know why you don't hide them. :/ We're not really trying to sell ourselves here -
Because they don't actually bother me personally, as strange as this may sound. In my opinion, they just downgrade a mighty sword into a butter knife for no discernible purpose.

Anyway, I've been flogging this dead horse for far too long, and I shall just leave it at that.

aeryk

Post by aeryk »

aeryk wrote:For those of you who missed the amusing exchange between Al Stefanelli and Natalie Reed yesterday:

Also wasn't yesterday but Wednesday... Huh seem to have lost a day some how.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

decius wrote:Tigzy, I have no objection to vulgarity. I wouldn't draw stuff like Sancta Ophelia otherwise (a 30 minute quicky, which one day I may improve upon).
The problem is with the choice of target for one's vulgarity. Ophelia's sanctimony is a legitimate target, whereas physical attributes are not. Some exceptions do exist, but it's extremely difficult to do it in good taste without attacking/offending entire categories of people in the process. This kind of collateral damage is considered unacceptable and rightly so.
That' s why you don't see material of that sort circulating widely outside places frequented by retards.
In all honesty, I did find the picture funnier because it makes Ophelia look like Black Sabbath era Ozzy Osbourne. In any case, wasn't the target for vulgarity as regards the puking fat woman not the fat woman herself, but Becky and Steffy? And that it was not so much about their physical attributes, but - in the case of Becky - what some people might see as the possible outcome of her lifestyle, and in the case of Steffy - well, I admit, I think I was the only one of thought of this - and apt illustration as regards my suspicions about her and Greg. Honestly, if the fat woman hadn't been puking, I'd have never thought of Steffy and Greg. :lol:

oolon, slimy turd

Banned! Doh, I'm glad to see John Welch is predicting my response accurately... Although I'm sure you can quote mine me very effectively on this subject the case is that I said it is ultimately his blog - I'm sure a lot here will agree I am annoying! Obviously second fiddle to Steersman on that measure as I see he got banned from AVfM! Anyone got a link to where he got banned?

Why do some Slimepitters insist on thinking - or at least saying (Tuvok is the worst) - that if you like the majority of FtBs (me) then you must worship at PZs altar? PZ has never 'liked' me, I would be amazed if he had any opinion on me at all really. The first comment he made to me was ->
Oolon: I know you’re not very bright or thorough...
Thing is my opinion of his 'worth' as a leader or his output as a blogger is not dependant on his having any opinion of me... Why would it?

I must admit there is much comedy value in PZs first comment to me -- he 'sees' me everywhere being horribly 'neutral' and 'objective' and it really pisses him off! I find it hard to understand the Slime-Zeitgeist but that is incomprehensible... Why would he give a flying fuck if he thinks I am pretending to be neutral or otherwise...? Anyway he can be as incomprehensible as he likes, it really doesn't change my opinion that he is a great asset to the atheist movement even if he does have a very ichy porcupine up his arse about this place.

Anyway I blogged a little about it - might update in the light of actually being banned http://www.oolon.co.uk/?p=34

aeryk

Post by aeryk »

rayshul wrote:

Didn't Ray Comfort have a webpage which asked a series of questions about you, and if you answered yes you were good in all of them, it said NO ONE CAN BE GOOD ALL THE TIME YOU ARE A LIAR.
Didn't see it but wouldn't surprise me. And I suppose superficially that is true because we all make mistakes from time to time but what Reed is asking of Stefanelli (or anyone for that matter) is just not reasonable. She's essentially saying Stefanelli should dismiss all evidence to the contrary because he *might* some day do something bigoted? And even *if* some day he ends up doing something bigoted, that in no way makes him a bigot, like I said we all make mistakes, in the heat of the moment, a night of too much drinking, depression or what have you.

welch

Post by welch »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:Banned! Doh, I'm glad to see John Welch is predicting my response accurately... Although I'm sure you can quote mine me very effectively on this subject the case is that I said it is ultimately his blog - I'm sure a lot here will agree I am annoying! Obviously second fiddle to Steersman on that measure as I see he got banned from AVfM! Anyone got a link to where he got banned?

Why do some Slimepitters insist on thinking - or at least saying (Tuvok is the worst) - that if you like the majority of FtBs (me) then you must worship at PZs altar? PZ has never 'liked' me, I would be amazed if he had any opinion on me at all really. The first comment he made to me was ->
Oolon: I know you’re not very bright or thorough...
Thing is my opinion of his 'worth' as a leader or his output as a blogger is not dependant on his having any opinion of me... Why would it?

I must admit there is much comedy value in PZs first comment to me -- he 'sees' me everywhere being horribly 'neutral' and 'objective' and it really pisses him off! I find it hard to understand the Slime-Zeitgeist but that is incomprehensible... Why would he give a flying fuck if he thinks I am pretending to be neutral or otherwise...? Anyway he can be as incomprehensible as he likes, it really doesn't change my opinion that he is a great asset to the atheist movement even if he does have a very ichy porcupine up his arse about this place.

Anyway I blogged a little about it - might update in the light of actually being banned http://www.oolon.co.uk/?p=34
you missed a bit, there's some shit on your forehead.

oolon, slimy turd

welch wrote: you missed a bit, there's some shit on your forehead.
Cheers John. Got it.

BTW have you seen PZ do this before? http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-470122

I've never seen him just garble a comment - especially as it was fairly mild. I wasn't even rude to him...

aeryk

Post by aeryk »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Cheers John. Got it.

BTW have you seen PZ do this before? http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-470122

I've never seen him just garble a comment - especially as it was fairly mild. I wasn't even rude to him...
Oh PZ did that? I was wondering what the hell was wrong with your typing :P

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

oolon, slimy turd wrote: BTW have you seen PZ do this before? http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-470122

He calls it disemvowelling, and thinks it's HILARIOUS...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Nice link Aeyrk.

Hello to the new posters.

I've seen this "you're not a ......." Argumentation a lot from the zombies. It's a variation on no true scotsman, and is reflective of their self absortion. If someone doesn't concur with your personal definition, then they are not what they claim to be, because you get to decide what constitutes [insert random tag].

In order to assert that someone is [insert random tag] you must provide evidence to that effect, (for the fuckwits, evidence isnt what you think it is) that way the accused may debunk your assertion, or not, as the case may be. This is a fundamental that is completely lost on ideologues.

Reed continues to assert that Al may be blah blah blah, because select people say he is blah blah blah. What number of people are required with this method to determine whether someone has a false view of themselves? If i roll out one million people to tell Reed she is a male, will she accept that she may well be a male. How about 2 million, or 3?

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

soldierwhy wrote:
I am a serving British soldier and if you think 'salty language' as despised by the FtB crowd is the sign of the end times I urge you not to even consider visiting a site like http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar-27. I reckon RW and OB would have apoplexy over there.
Greetings!!! Ex Squaddie myself. What do you think they would make of a group of guys playing "Freckles"? (to the un-initiated - Freckles involves 2 plates and a helping of human excrement placed in between them with a drunken group of HMFinest sitting around it with the plate at eye level. The plates are rapidly pushed together - the guy with the most freckles gets the round in.)

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

WOAH!1!1 THE YELLOWS. MY EYES!1!1 MY EYESES!1!1

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Cheers John. Got it.

Yep. It's one of Peezee's endearing little affectations - he occasionally removes the vowels from the posts of a commentator he has banned. What he hopes to accomplish by this is beyond me, aside from giving me the unwelcome image of a fat bearded man having a vowel movement. The last person I saw him do it to was a vociferous racist. Not refering to you there Oolon, by the way.

decius

Post by decius »

Tigzy wrote:What he hopes to accomplish by this is beyond me, aside from giving me the unwelcome image of a fat bearded man having a vowel movement.
Brilliant.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

He did it to one of the best posts ever made at Pharyngula. A screencap of the pre-disemvowelled post is here:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 5458#p3816

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tigzy wrote:The last person I saw him do it to was a vociferous racist. Not refering to you there Oolon, by the way.
Actually, I'm going to retract that. It was unneccesarily spiteful and mean-spirited, and Oolon's been dumped on enough today. For the record, I don't believe Oolon is a racist - it was rhetorical, wanky dickwaddery on my part. Sorry, Oolon. Genuine apology.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Tigzy wrote:The last person I saw him do it to was a vociferous racist. Not refering to you there Oolon, by the way.
Actually, I'm going to retract that. It was unneccesarily spiteful and mean-spirited, and Oolon's been dumped on enough today.
Agree. But he's had an education into what beardface is really like when it comes down to brass tacks. That's worth something...