Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Jan Steen »

Mykeru wrote: I should point out

1. I never read anything coming from the Baboon Boards. As I have said, like Creationists they can discuss what saddle Jesus used when he road dinosaurs all they want. It's when they step onto a level playing field and spout bullshit that I address them
You deprive yourself of an endless stream of involuntary and entirely free humour. But perhaps you are not amused by the sight of baboons sporting a dinner jacket, but not wearing trousers, who try to act like educated people, shouting "Citation needed," "Cupcake," or "Fuck off shit stain" at the least provocation. Like true baboons, they take pride in their incivility and try hard to outdo each other in this respect. As long as you stand well outside their range of shit-flinging it is hilarious to behold.

welch

Post by welch »

decius wrote:I'm not sure about Peezus, Mykeru. I'm likely wrong, but what's in it for him? Surely, if he realises that it's all crap, he must also be aware that - by promoting it with such mindless zeal - his reputation as a skeptic and an academic would suffer direly as a consequence, which is precisely what's happening.
What rep as an academic? He's not doing science, and I'd hazard that his output between Ph.D and tenure was enough to get tenure. As near as anyone can tell, he's gone over a decade without any real scientific output. He manages grants at UMM, and teaches some classes. That's it.

As far as being a "skeptic" goes, that's a non-thing that means whatever the fuck you want it to, so how can this hurt him? He's a new media douchebag, and is using that fr the attention and money he'll never get as a scientist or teacher.

mutleyeng

Re: Fucking Youtube, how does it work?

Post by mutleyeng »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:What the fuck is it with these new Youtube settings? It used to be when I subscribed to a channel I was given the option of subscribing to new uploads by email and now that option doesn't seem to appear anymore. Now I have to go to my account and find all my subs, look up the new one and find that option.

youtube really fecked up with the last update...ive sent about 30 feeback comments just to make sure they understand my displeasure
google do actually take note, thats one thing they have going for them..it is worth using the feedback option

decius

Post by decius »

welch wrote:
decius wrote:I'm not sure about Peezus, Mykeru. I'm likely wrong, but what's in it for him? Surely, if he realises that it's all crap, he must also be aware that - by promoting it with such mindless zeal - his reputation as a skeptic and an academic would suffer direly as a consequence, which is precisely what's happening.
What rep as an academic? He's not doing science, and I'd hazard that his output between Ph.D and tenure was enough to get tenure. As near as anyone can tell, he's gone over a decade without any real scientific output. He manages grants at UMM, and teaches some classes. That's it.

As far as being a "skeptic" goes, that's a non-thing that means whatever the fuck you want it to, so how can this hurt him? He's a new media douchebag, and is using that fr the attention and money he'll never get as a scientist or teacher.
I think a professorship comes with equal academic responsibilities, if not more. One is also supposed to be leading by example, somehow.

You're right about the vagueness of the "skeptic" label, but there are many smart and competent people who have worked tirelessly to make it recognisable as a helpful and honourable one.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Oh, and congrats Wooly!!!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Douchebags & Tattletales:

[youtube]HXoB2x8vOQk[/youtube]

Full screen and 720 quality will make the text easier to read.

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Not misogyny by the strict definition, but by the expanded definition often used now which assumes sexism must be backed by misogyny. If defining womanhood in terms of cooking abilities and sexual availability isn't sexist, then what is?
Just to complete the picture, there are loads of people who define manhood in terms of their utility (i.e provider and to a lesser extent nowadays protector). I would argue that this is the default state of humanity.. the result of our biological programming and cultural programming. There are no business women marrying garbage disposal workers or coal miners out of "love", are there? i.e humanity is implicitly sexist (as argued by GirlWritesWhat in her neoteny vid).
You can see that in a lite way in conservative women, such as Suzanne Venker
women, once they have children would prefer to work part-time or not at all when their children are young. Their career trajectory will be different than that of men. Feminists don’t like that. They want everybody to want the same thing, career trajectories to be the same. Women may say I really want to exercise or hang out with my friends and have coffee or go shopping and have a cushier life, and your guy will be happy to do that, and go to the office all year long for 40 years to allow you to do that. Men don’t have that option. And there is nothing wrong with having different road maps.
or in a full fledged way in these (fringe?) Traditional Womens Rights Activists Women are NEVER justified in working… Under these conditions
5.) To ease the load for the Man
“Rather then share his burdens, strengthen him for them. Give him appreciation.”
Note: men do not share with us the childbearing responsibility they do not carry children inside of them for the half of the nine month’s. Therefore, there is no need for us to share the man’s breadwinning responsibility.
And then you have the faux-equality of feminists.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hope everyone had a jolly old Xmas. Also, with the new year almost upon us, I'd like to take a moment to make some predictions the coming months will hold for our baboon chums:

PZ Myers. His wife comes home unexpectly from a vacation to find Peezee naked in the lounge, surrounded by mannequins which are all wearing blue wigs and glasses. A furious mrs Myers demands to know what's going on, but Peezee just remains silent and strangely blank-faced, his little piggy eyes blinking dully at her from behind his specs. Storming out of the kitchen, the last thing trophy wife hears from her husband is a porcine squeal, and the last thing she sees is the front door slamming shut on Peezee's jiggling buttocks as he makes his escape. Myers is never seen again. Lady Myers discovers a disturbing coda to the event in the fridge, where it is found to be chock-full of tubs of Gelato Guy ice cream. All with large round holes in the lids, and a distinct concavity impressed upon the contents. She tries to tell herself that the hairs she finds are from his chest, and fails.

Greg Laden. Much insight into Greggy-boy's rage and frustration comes from a leaked sex-video featuring him, Stephanie Zvan and Jason Thibeault indulging in a threesome, where Greg can be seen complaining that Jason is getting anal yet again. Svan laters promises that she'll use the swastika-spangled strapon on him next time.

Rebecca Watson. Ms Watson's bizarre upper lip movement leads to some JREF people speculating that she is actually being dubbed when she speaks, which lends the blue haired one a convenient topic for her next TAM talk: 'How Misogynists Harass Women by Making Out That They Need Someone Else to Talk Instead of Me.' The JREF people, well-aware of Rebecca's predictability, bring in a lip-reading expert to examine what her mouth is actually saying. Disturbingly, it is found her upper lip seems to be beseeching - in a similar vein to the subliminal messages revealed in John Carpenter's 'They Live' - the audience to worship her. Further study reveals that those most susceptible to Ms Watson's surreptitious lip hypnotism are genuinely sexist males.

Surly Amy. Surly Amy manages to break the internet when the nascent artificial self-consciousness that came about as an emergent neurality of self-enquiring cyberspace streams (eat your fuckin heart out, William Gibson) cannot bear any more of Amy's online pretentions to being an artist, and breaks down. Amy's problems appear to be compounded when she gets DMCA'd by the Chihuahua breeders of America for using their copyrighted photos without permission, but the matter is soon settled amicably when the offending pictures are revealed to be those of her boyfriend, Surly Johnny.

Jen McCreight. Poor Jen's problems continue with a relationship split. After beseeching her boyfriend for a baby, Jen's bloke finally admits to getting a vasectomy, on the basis of what happened with her previous offspring, Atheism Plus.

Ophelia Benson. Nanny Fee becomes the object of unsavoury rumours and speculations when a computer she sold on Ebay elicits as customer response equiring as to why the speakers smell like fish and the hard-drive is filled with Mykeru videos. An apparently enraged Ophelia writes a blog post saying that this harasser is just hiding behind a cloak of anonymity, and is just a cowardly troll for not saying it to her face in an angry, vibrating voice.

Greta Christina. Greta Christina finally reveals the true extent of the suffering she endured with her cancer scare, saying that she really, really would have suffered had she been not so busy doing other things at the time.

comslave

Post by comslave »

aweraw wrote:Oh, and also: Happy holidays to all the pit crew
You're too late. Mine sucked beyond all recognition.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tigzy wrote:Hope everyone had a jolly old Xmas. Also, with the new year almost upon us, I'd like to take a moment to make some predictions the coming months will hold for our baboon chums:

PZ Myers. His wife comes home unexpectly from a vacation to find Peezee naked in the lounge, surrounded by mannequins which are all wearing blue wigs and glasses. A furious mrs Myers demands to know what's going on, but Peezee just remains silent and strangely blank-faced, his little piggy eyes blinking dully at her from behind his specs. Storming out of the kitchen, the last thing trophy wife hears from her husband is a porcine squeal, and the last thing she sees is the front door slamming shut on Peezee's jiggling buttocks as he makes his escape. Myers is never seen again. Lady Myers discovers a disturbing coda to the event in the fridge, where it is found to be chock-full of tubs of Gelato Guy ice cream. All with large round holes in the lids, and a distinct concavity impressed upon the contents. She tries to tell herself that the hairs she finds are from his chest, and fails.

Greg Laden. Much insight into Greggy-boy's rage and frustration comes from a leaked sex-video featuring him, Stephanie Zvan and Jason Thibeault indulging in a threesome, where Greg can be seen complaining that Jason is getting anal yet again. Svan laters promises that she'll use the swastika-spangled strapon on him next time.

Rebecca Watson. Ms Watson's bizarre upper lip movement leads to some JREF people speculating that she is actually being dubbed when she speaks, which lends the blue haired one a convenient topic for her next TAM talk: 'How Misogynists Harass Women by Making Out That They Need Someone Else to Talk Instead of Me.' The JREF people, well-aware of Rebecca's predictability, bring in a lip-reading expert to examine what her mouth is actually saying. Disturbingly, it is found her upper lip seems to be beseeching - in a similar vein to the subliminal messages revealed in John Carpenter's 'They Live' - the audience to worship her. Further study reveals that those most susceptible to Ms Watson's surreptitious lip hypnotism are genuinely sexist males.

Surly Amy. Surly Amy manages to break the internet when the nascent artificial self-consciousness that came about as an emergent neurality of self-enquiring cyberspace streams (eat your fuckin heart out, William Gibson) cannot bear any more of Amy's online pretentions to being an artist, and breaks down. Amy's problems appear to be compounded when she gets DMCA'd by the Chihuahua breeders of America for using their copyrighted photos without permission, but the matter is soon settled amicably when the offending pictures are revealed to be those of her boyfriend, Surly Johnny.

Jen McCreight. Poor Jen's problems continue with a relationship split. After beseeching her boyfriend for a baby, Jen's bloke finally admits to getting a vasectomy, on the basis of what happened with her previous offspring, Atheism Plus.

Ophelia Benson. Nanny Fee becomes the object of unsavoury rumours and speculations when a computer she sold on Ebay elicits as customer response equiring as to why the speakers smell like fish and the hard-drive is filled with Mykeru videos. An apparently enraged Ophelia writes a blog post saying that this harasser is just hiding behind a cloak of anonymity, and is just a cowardly troll for not saying it to her face in an angry, vibrating voice.

Greta Christina. Greta Christina finally reveals the true extent of the suffering she endured with her cancer scare, saying that she really, really would have suffered had she been not so busy doing other things at the time.
Escellent, but you forgot about Oolon.
Oh, wait. So did everyone else.

Allow me.

Oolon: In 2013 everyone continues to not give a shit about Oolon.

decius

Post by decius »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Just to complete the picture, there are loads of people who define manhood in terms of their utility (i.e provider and to a lesser extent nowadays protector). I would argue that this is the default state of humanity.. the result of our biological programming and cultural programming. There are no business women marrying garbage disposal workers or coal miners out of "love", are there? i.e humanity is implicitly sexist (as argued by GirlWritesWhat in her neoteny vid).
Maybe all true. However, the fact remains that we are all individuals and it is nobody's business to tell anybody that they are not a 'real man' or a 'real women' because of their failure to fit the standard profile.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

My latest video:

Bitch - A Definitive Examination of the Word | A Video by Al Stefanelli

[youtube]XAIpT73zt8E[/youtube]

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Vote my "Atheists" billboard as 'atheist billboard of the year. Help the NEPA Freethought Society, the organization of which I am the co-organizer and spokesperson, win $100!

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... -the-year/

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Bitchin' video, Al!

skepCHUD

Post by skepCHUD »

Did I get banned here? If not, Happy New Year!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

[quote="Al Stefanelli"]My latest video:

Yet another awesome video, Al!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LOL Greg Laden is just making assumptions...again (color me surprised!):

http://beliefblower.com/pix/gregladen3.JPG

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

jjbinx007 wrote:
By the way, while we're on the subject of sexism, there was a brief discussion on Twitter the other day about the word bitch being completely unacceptable.

That was the debate Al Stefanelli mentioned as it was happening live a few days ago. Interesting to follow it, too. Adam Lee tried to twist Al's meeting entirely out of context at least twice and Al, quite properly and effectively, politely pushed it back at Lee. Stopped him dead in his tracks, too. If I read between the lines accurately, Al's words implied a prior relationship with Mr. Lee - "I thought you were above that sort of thing".

I used to think the same thing. I used to follow Daylight Atheism regularly, but after he became involved with the FtB bunch the quality of his writing and online behavior took a serious nosedive. I finally cut the cord after his Salon (or was it Slate?) Atheism+ article. That was the first time I saw him produce a blatantly obvious bit of propaganda. Even more notably, when several readers pointed out the many errors and misleading statements in the article, their comments were removed. I noticed, because one of them was mine. Unfortunate to see a guy with a lot of potential taken out by a corrupted ideology.

One of the things that really came through to me in that short exchange is that Al really gets the subtle complexities inherent in language and that attempts to apply a black + white brush to some words is a fools errand.

The conversation was eventually directed to email but I don't know if it went further or if Al is in a position to elaborate. I figure once it goes email it is basically private.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Al Stefanelli wrote:My latest video:

Hah! Nothing like timing! Another excellent video commentary, Al.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Re: Fucking Youtube, how does it work?

Post by JackRayner »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:What the fuck is it with these new Youtube settings? It used to be when I subscribed to a channel I was given the option of subscribing to new uploads by email and now that option doesn't seem to appear anymore. Now I have to go to my account and find all my subs, look up the new one and find that option.
You have to select "my subscriptions" on the left, and then "uploads". Easiest way to see what's up. Unless you're subscribed to hundreds of people who pump out videos regularly. Then I guess it won't be of help...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... apture.png

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Al, I think you missed a few definitions of ‘bitch’.

My Oxford Dictionary also has:

bitch (n): a woman (BLACK SLANG, used in a non-derogatory sense).

More importantly, the SJW definition is:

bitch (n): A woman who is unpleasant because she is a woman.

Admittedly, the second one is not to be found in any dictionary. But SJWs don't need dictionaries; they make up their own definitions that better suit their agenda.

Is it just me, or is there a conflict brewing between those two definitions? (At least, if you are a SJW.)

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Be counted!

http://www.atheistcensus.com/
Pretty much still the same as it was last week;

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... ything.png

Atheism: It's a guy thing

:whistle:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tigzy wrote:Hope everyone had a jolly old Xmas. Also, with the new year almost upon us, I'd like to take a moment to make some predictions the coming months will hold for our baboon chums:
You fucker. I'm sitting in the waiting room of a Jiffy Lube (not what you think Greg) in North Caroline having my car serviced for the drive back to DC, and the couple of good ols here think I'm demented from the giggling.

They used to lynch Northerners for less, asshole.

xinit

Post by xinit »

ReneeHendricks wrote:LOL Greg Laden is just making assumptions...again (color me surprised!):

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 491076.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:LOL Greg Laden is just making assumptions...again (color me surprised!):

I also turned him into a newt. He hasn't gotten better.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Stephanie's getting worse:
Black Zvan wrote:chrisho-stuart, this is not about teams. This is about refusing to call harassment and threats “harassment” and “threats”. It is about lending these threats and harassment legitimacy by calling it “debate” and “disagreement” and “argument”. They are not, and don’t you add to that perception either. When you do, you are very much part of the problem. We work in a community that praises disagreement and debate. It is impossible to marginalize harassment when it is allowed to hide under those labels.

Justin has a history of doing this, and he’s getting worse in his attempt to take down not just Greg, but any of Greg’s friends who haven’t abandoned him to the harassers. I’m not going to lay down and take that, either for me or for the other people who are being harassed, just because Justin does something good occasionally for “the movement”. That is not a sacrifice you get to ask of me, much less demand.
Link to comment: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-168660

Lapsang Souchong

Post by Lapsang Souchong »

xinit wrote:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 491076.jpg
Moar lolz fer today.

Lapsang Souchong

Post by Lapsang Souchong »

Pitchguest wrote:Stephanie's getting worse:
Black Zvan wrote:chrisho-stuart, this is not about teams. This is about refusing to call harassment and threats “harassment” and “threats”. It is about lending these threats and harassment legitimacy by calling it “debate” and “disagreement” and “argument”. They are not, and don’t you add to that perception either. When you do, you are very much part of the problem. We work in a community that praises disagreement and debate. It is impossible to marginalize harassment when it is allowed to hide under those labels.

Justin has a history of doing this, and he’s getting worse in his attempt to take down not just Greg, but any of Greg’s friends who haven’t abandoned him to the harassers. I’m not going to lay down and take that, either for me or for the other people who are being harassed, just because Justin does something good occasionally for “the movement”. That is not a sacrifice you get to ask of me, much less demand.
Heavens, she sounds like she's ready to pop a blood vessel!

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I think that he is an idealogue and so believes it in spite of evidence. He fooled everybody for so long by being on the right side of the argument with the creationists.

It will be interesting to see if any of them change their position once all this starts to translate into lower page hits and invites to meetings.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

JackRayner wrote:Back after a little bit of life issues, and a little bit of Christmas. Won't bore with the details, but I'll bore by returning to this before catching up;
“Eye of the beholder; one man’s meat is another man’s poison” …. :-)
I understood that it wasn't me in specific that you were talking about, but I am part of the society at large that you think should have responsibility evenly spread throughout it. I still don't buy it. Society at large isn't responsible for byproducts that are often simply the results of living in extremely large groups and the group dynamics that come with it.
Like we’re not responsible for the pollution of air and water and their consequences that comes from various byproducts of a consumer society gone mad – like the sorcerer’s apprentice? I don’t see a lot of difference between your examples of “collective fossil fuel emissions” and “deaths facilitated by keeping prostitution illegal” except one of degree – on the latter case you might be interested in The Honest Courtesan site. But it really seems to me that the common thread there is the consequences of various behaviours on the part of all of us – our common karma, although some will argue that the word carries some unfortunate, if idiosyncratic, connotations of Eastern mystic woo that not everyone else experiences or should be obliged to accept – for which I think, to reiterate, we all share some responsibility.

As to what we are all obligated or able to do about those issues, that is an entirely different kettle of fish. Changing our driving – or flying – habits is one possibility in the first case; speaking out in support of more rational approaches and values about the profession is one in the second case. But in both cases I think an operative perspective is or should be a question of enlightened self-interest: “what goes around, comes around”; “as you sow, so shall you reap”; “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men – and women – do nothing” – evil which tends to produce quite a bit of “splash (collateral) damage”. I think a rather stark illustration of that comes from the famous poem by pastor Martin Niemöller:
Niemöller wrote:First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the socialists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.
We are all, I think, terribly and profoundly interconnected; assuming that case it seems not terribly wise to think that problems and inequities that we contribute to or condone won’t have some negative consequences in our own lives.

decius

Post by decius »

Michael J wrote:
I think that he is an idealogue and so believes it in spite of evidence. He fooled everybody for so long by being on the right side of the argument with the creationists.

It will be interesting to see if any of them change their position once all this starts to translate into lower page hits and invites to meetings.

That is my impression, as well.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:JackRayner:
Nonsense and "misogyny" are very different things. When I hear people spout that "a real man is/does/would..." nonsense, which I see much more often, I don't call it misandry. I laugh and call it self-serving bullshit. [Since it is usually some disgruntled, entitled female going off about all the ways she wants men to serve her needs.]

Blah blah blah, definitions something-or-other....
Not misogyny by the strict definition, but by the expanded definition often used now which assumes sexism must be backed by misogyny. If defining womanhood in terms of cooking abilities and sexual availability isn't sexist, then what is?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Note of clarification regarding previous. Not on board with 'expanded' definition of misogyny.
"Sexism" is another of those words that sometimes needs to be defined a bit before a coherent exchange can be had. The way I see it, sexism has to do with the traditional gender roles, and with the biological reality of each sex. If you trace it far back enough, the bottom line is that the traditional division of labor came as a result of our biology, and it was the best our ancestors could do with what they had, with survival trumping everything else. [There was no baby formula or daycare back then, as I'm sure you know.] At some point, we became conscious enough to call this natural division of labor a "contract". Then, a little while ago, some people decided that women's role in this contract was the same as onerous slavery [especially since men got all of the fun work outside of the home], and that they should be freed from it. What the hell does all of this have to do with sexism?

Well, since expecting women to follow the traditional female role has become unfashionable, we call attitudes that judge women by those standards "sexism". I'm okay with that... Calling it misogyny though? Fuck off, is about all I have left to say about that.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
astrokid.nj wrote:Just to complete the picture, there are loads of people who define manhood in terms of their utility (i.e provider and to a lesser extent nowadays protector). I would argue that this is the default state of humanity.. the result of our biological programming and cultural programming. There are no business women marrying garbage disposal workers or coal miners out of "love", are there? i.e humanity is implicitly sexist (as argued by GirlWritesWhat in her neoteny vid).
Maybe all true. However, the fact remains that we are all individuals and it is nobody's business to tell anybody that they are not a 'real man' or a 'real women' because of their failure to fit the standard profile.
It's anyone's business to say whatever. The fuck. They want.

Everyone else is free to agree or disagree, even to the point of disassociating; which is all I have left to say about the image in question: This dude thinks that a Real Woman© should keep her man's appetite sated? Good for him! Women choose to associate or disassociate with him because of this? Good for them! Now let's move the fuck on. There's nothing to see here. Merrrr Xmas!
:hankey:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Black Zvan wrote:chrisho-stuart, this is not about teams. This is about refusing to call harassment and threats “harassment” and “threats”. It is about lending these threats and harassment legitimacy by calling it “debate” and “disagreement” and “argument”. They are not, and don’t you add to that perception either. When you do, you are very much part of the problem. We work in a community that praises disagreement and debate.
http://goo.gl/yS0jk

fascination

Post by fascination »

Does anyone know if she is MyCatsAremyGods on You Tube? I have heard that they are the same person. I have been arguing with MyCatsAremyGods on You Tube for the past 24 hours and its been uh, very interesting. Any evidence I offer she ignores. I have been nothing but polite to her but she is starting to send nasty replies. Yet she complains that our "side" is the shitty and rude one. I am now wondering why I bother trying to discuss these issues with any of them. The last time I tried before this was on Adam Lee's blog. He wrote a horribly biased article on the whole Shermer thing. Lee didn't even link to Shermer's response but he linked to Myer's. Then comments started disappearing from the comments section.

welch

Post by welch »

Can you hear "the battle hymn of the republic" playing as you read that? Because I can, and I bet she had it playing when she wrote it.

Admittedly, in her case, it's played via queefs from a collection of 80-year old whores, with a 20-year-old for the high notes, but still. So inspirational!

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

fascination wrote:Does anyone know if she is MyCatsAremyGods on You Tube?
They are one and the same person.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Steersman wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Back after a little bit of life issues, and a little bit of Christmas. Won't bore with the details, but I'll bore by returning to this before catching up;
“Eye of the beholder; one man’s meat is another man’s poison” …. :-)
I understood that it wasn't me in specific that you were talking about, but I am part of the society at large that you think should have responsibility evenly spread throughout it. I still don't buy it. Society at large isn't responsible for byproducts that are often simply the results of living in extremely large groups and the group dynamics that come with it.
Like we’re not responsible for the pollution of air and water and their consequences that comes from various byproducts of a consumer society gone mad – like the sorcerer’s apprentice? I don’t see a lot of difference between your examples of “collective fossil fuel emissions”
I claim some responsibility for emissions because I know how I contribute to the total sum, and choose not to stop because it would be inconvenient. Now...
and “deaths facilitated by keeping prostitution illegal” except one of degree – on the latter case you might be interested in The Honest Courtesan site. But it really seems to me that the common thread there is the consequences of various behaviours on the part of all of us
...I'm not a fucking prohibitionist, so if you could please either spell out exactly how I contribute to the murder of prostitutes so this "conversation" can move the fuck on, I would kind of appreciate it. Or are you just the type of person stupid enough to claim there is a link without a lick of information?

"Jack, a fellow who believes that autonomy should be respected, and who thinks prostitution should be legal, is, like, totally contributing to the attitudes that cause prostitutes to be murdered at a rate much higher than taxi cab drivers. I don't know how, but I totally know he is..."

Fucking magnets! How do they work?! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... y/Durp.gif
We are all, I think, terribly and profoundly interconnected; assuming that case it seems not terribly wise to think that problems and inequities that we contribute to or condone won’t have some negative consequences in our own lives.
See above.

fascination

Post by fascination »

Scented Nectar wrote: That was a good article. However, I think the word 'feminist' is too tainted by radfem gender feminists. I think it's beyond reclaiming for the equity form of it. Instead of calling myself any type of feminist (even the good equity type), I prefer 'egalitarian', since that is against sexism (going either way, not only those affecting women), and it's against all other 'ism's too.
Thanks for commenting. I don't like describing myself as a feminist either. One of the things I read yesterday was that most women identify with equity feminism. However, in academia it is gender feminism that is most commonly taught. Perhaps that is why so many women don't like labeling themselves as a feminist. They don't want to be mistaken for a gender feminist or a radfem.
Have you ever written a blog post about how you got into the whole radfem separatist thing and how you eventually got out of it? I couldn't find one on your blog. I think it would be really interesting to read about.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

fascination wrote: Does anyone know if she is MyCatsAremyGods on You Tube?
Yes.

She the grand poo-bah of the Florida Humanists that had Rebecca Watson speak on "Theocracy vs Humanism" by giving a keynote address about how people were mean to her on the internet. EllenBeth Wachs is a true believer, defender of Watson regardless, a supplier on the gravy train and although the term is over-used, I think she exemplified the thin veneer of civility over some women whose narrative involves hatred and distrust of men as a group.

Watch her heap praise on Watson for her "story" that shows such bravery.

[youtube]Ez8gs-C53ic[/youtube]

She has banned people and deleted comments from her YouTube channel for any dissent, and then later claimed they were hate speech or posed a question to the person she banned and then acted as if their lack of response was due to her superior arguments.

She's a mean-spirited clown and fucking buffoon.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Skep tickle wrote:
Tweet from space :shock: for Phil, and WB as AVfM co-host/contributor - awesome news, both of you!

Either it's shaping up to be a good year, or it can only go downhill from here! :D
I'm ready for anything!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 0e00c8.jpg

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Scented Nectar wrote:Douchebags & Tattletales:

That's hilarious.

May I ask where the audio came from?

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

franc wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:Some awesome news: I am officially a co-host on AVFM radio now :D and contributor on their site. WOOT! I am so happy. What an awesome way to kick off the New Year early!
Jesus. Why don't you just tear Ophelia's head off and shit down the neck? You monster.
Don't tempt me! :twisted:

skepCHUD

Post by skepCHUD »

Svan is disappointed at her usual allies not agreeing with her defense of Laden in her "still not disagreement post" so has posted "I will not be a 'Model Victim'", where she chastises them as accommodationists.
She will will not suffer disagreement, so cut that shit out!!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Well thats fucking that then. Woolybumble is a co host for a voice for men, and she's a poster on the slymepit. That makes us offically a hate site according to the southern law poverty center. (I'd provide a link, but i'm too busy, and secondly if i did, and you actually fucking followed it, you would see i'm spouting shit and relying on Your gullability to buy what i'm selling) who of course are deciders of such things.

You don't need logic to understand the above paragraph. You just need the deeper thought of "just knowing".

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
franc wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:Some awesome news: I am officially a co-host on AVFM radio now :D and contributor on their site. WOOT! I am so happy. What an awesome way to kick off the New Year early!
Jesus. Why don't you just tear Ophelia's head off and shit down the neck? You monster.
Don't tempt me! :twisted:
Affirmative action hire.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

welch wrote: Admittedly, in her case, it's played via queefs from a collection of 80-year old whores, with a 20-year-old for the high notes, but still. So inspirational!
I don't actually LOL fer realz much when I read shit on the internet, but that had me roaring.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Za-zen wrote:Well thats fucking that then. Woolybumble is a co host for a voice for men, and she's a poster on the slymepit. That makes us offically a hate site according to the southern law poverty center. (I'd provide a link, but i'm too busy, and secondly if i did, and you actually fucking followed it, you would see i'm spouting shit and relying on Your gullability to buy what i'm selling) who of course are deciders of such things.

You don't need logic to understand the above paragraph. You just need the deeper thought of "just knowing".
potential hate site

...whatever that means

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

So, um, did any of the baboons work at a Grocery Store in Taylor, MI?
A Rebel With Too Many Causes

(I work at a grocery store and I get along with all my coworkers but one. Coworker #1 is a self-proclaimed ‘Social Justice Warrior’ and takes it upon herself to call anyone and everyone sexist, racist, or ablest for anything they say. Note that she is so extreme she went on a tangent how calling black grapes black was racist.)

Me: “Wow, it’s raining so bad outside right now.”

Coworker #2: “Yeah, I know. I’m glad I didn’t have to walk today—”

Coworker #1: “You’re GLAD you didn’t have to walk today? Don’t you know how inconsiderate that is to say? Some people can’t walk! Ablest scum!”

Coworker #2: “Wow… well, excuse me for not wanting to waddle through the rain for a half hour.”

Coworker #1: “Your struggle is nothing compared to what other people have to deal with. Check your privilege!”

(Coworker #1 then storms away. Later that day, I see her talking to a custodian and overhear this.)

Coworker #1: “Well, I don’t see how you don’t understand how you’re being oppressed.”

Custodian: “Excuse me?”

Coworker #1: “They put you in this spot because you’re Hispanic. They’re trying to make you a stereotype so they can feel comfortable in their controlled world!”

Custodian: I’m sorry, but I applied for this job, and I’m pretty content with it. Also, I’m Hawaiian, not Hispanic.”

Coworker #1: “I’m just trying to help you! You don’t have to be so reverse-racist okay? I understand, I’m on your side!”

(The custodian gives her an odd look before attempting to go back to his job.)

Coworker #1: “I know how it feels. They’ve appropriated your culture and now you’re scorned! I can help!”

Custodian:: *ignores her*

Coworker #1: “I can’t believe this!”

(Coworker #1 storms off once again. The next day I heard she quit; apparently she said she couldn’t be in such a triggering environment.)
They seriously act like this in real life?!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Wow. Staph is losing it now.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... #more-4256

How dare people, nay, her own readers, suggest her dearest Greggy might not have been behaving very nicely? Horrors!

http://i.imgur.com/TF6HR.jpg

She's twisting logic so hard right now it's begging for mercy. Anything, but anything, to justify the poison those motherfuckers ooze. Too funny.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Why don't you people understand!! Greg is one of the good guys! That makes what ever he does a good guy thing.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

justinvacula wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Well thats fucking that then. Woolybumble is a co host for a voice for men, and she's a poster on the slymepit. That makes us offically a hate site according to the southern law poverty center. (I'd provide a link, but i'm too busy, and secondly if i did, and you actually fucking followed it, you would see i'm spouting shit and relying on Your gullability to buy what i'm selling) who of course are deciders of such things.

potential hate site

...whatever that means
Any site is a "potential" hate site, if one conveniently omits specifying what constitutes a sufficient amount of "potential". FfTB, of course, is happy to lump AVfM and the Pit in with sites like Stormfront, simply for disagreeing with them and laughing at them. I wonder if Peezus has filled out his request form for the Pit to be listed on the SPLC hate site roster yet :lol: Hell, the FfTB/Skepchick/A+ axis of evil is worse, much worse, than AVfM and the Pit combined. Peezus should submit himself.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

I haz doomed us all...Oh well... :dance:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

fascination wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: That was a good article. However, I think the word 'feminist' is too tainted by radfem gender feminists. I think it's beyond reclaiming for the equity form of it. Instead of calling myself any type of feminist (even the good equity type), I prefer 'egalitarian', since that is against sexism (going either way, not only those affecting women), and it's against all other 'ism's too.
Thanks for commenting. I don't like describing myself as a feminist either. One of the things I read yesterday was that most women identify with equity feminism. However, in academia it is gender feminism that is most commonly taught. Perhaps that is why so many women don't like labeling themselves as a feminist. They don't want to be mistaken for a gender feminist or a radfem.
Have you ever written a blog post about how you got into the whole radfem separatist thing and how you eventually got out of it? I couldn't find one on your blog. I think it would be really interesting to read about.
There are a few posts and videos I did on it, but they are a bit scattered around and mixed with other stuff.

Some is at http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2010/12/hello.html
and http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... s-ago.html
and http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... about.html (just last paragraph)
and http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... terms.html (has a picture of me about 30 years ago when I was a man-hating radfem, fully brainwashed and spouting the same garbage current ones do)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

somedumbguy wrote:

That's hilarious.

Thanks. I laugh myself silly while making these things. :)

A few weeks ago, I was thrilled that there was once again activity on the youtube channel KingHellMetal. They'd not made any videos in a couple years. One of theirs was this Jackass Song put to funny pictures of people doing stupid things, like chopping trees that fall on their car, or having their hair catch on fire while trying to cut wedding cake, etc.

Then, suddenly I noticed this week that they'd been flagged down to the point that their channel was never coming back. They must have gotten into a huge flagging war with someone I figure. I was thinking of just mirroring the original video, but then got the idea to put these visuals to it instead. I couldn't let that song just disappear into internet history, and I notice that at other internet sites where KHM has posted videos, they've left out this one. Luckily, I had downloaded it.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Za-zen wrote:Why don't you people understand!! Greg is one of the good guys! That makes what ever he does a good guy thing.
This makes me think of the Good Guy Greg meme. Something like: "Good Guy Greg doxxes you, but uses out of date info."

Also happy holidays and best wishes slymepitters!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

For anyone who is interested, LousyCanuck has posted yet another blog post in support of Greg Laden: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... the-devil/

As per usual, it's full of his typical delusions, misrepresentations, and outright lies. But, that's Toiletbowl: professional bag 'o' hammers.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Scented Nectar wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:

That's hilarious.

Thanks. I laugh myself silly while making these things. :)

A few weeks ago, I was thrilled that there was once again activity on the youtube channel KingHellMetal. They'd not made any videos in a couple years. One of theirs was this Jackass Song put to funny pictures of people doing stupid things, like chopping trees that fall on their car, or having their hair catch on fire while trying to cut wedding cake, etc.

Then, suddenly I noticed this week that they'd been flagged down to the point that their channel was never coming back. They must have gotten into a huge flagging war with someone I figure. I was thinking of just mirroring the original video, but then got the idea to put these visuals to it instead. I couldn't let that song just disappear into internet history, and I notice that at other internet sites where KHM has posted videos, they've left out this one. Luckily, I had downloaded it.
Well, we all know that 'douchebag' doesn't mean a 'jerk' or whatever because -- as some on FTB argue -- it really means 'harmful to women.'