Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
AbsurdWalls

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by AbsurdWalls »

somedumbguy wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
somedumbguy wrote: Yeah I know. Still I am pretty sure what you wrote could have been written by any of the feminists that on a daily basis harangue commenters in precisely this fashion on their forums. I just don't want to have anything to do with it.

Regardless of how I feel about someone's politics or beliefs. up until they are monsters or criminals, I truly hope and trust they have a good relationship with their kids, and are capable parents, and I won't tell them how their words on the Internet inform me that they cannot be trusted with kids.

I just find there is far too much of: 1) You defend rape jokes, 2) you are most likely a rapist, 3) I feel sorry for your kids 4) LOUD CHEERS FROM FORUM.

Call me an asshole, an asswipe, an assface, but leave the kids out of it. It's a cheap shot and polarizing.
Although we are frequently lumped in together, my impression is that this place contains a very diverse set of beliefs and attitudes. I don't see why you would feel the need to take responsibility for what other people say beyond pointing out that you think they're being a dick by saying it (I agree).

Quite likely that is all that you're saying. I have occasionally objected to things said by other people here to the extent that I almost felt a need to disavow them, but I think the only people who would assume we all think the same by posting here in the first place will damn us regardless of what is said.
I don't know that I am taking responsibility for it -- I am saying that I don't want to have anything to do with it.

Not trying to play either a victim or trump card here, but as a targeted man with two alienated kids that faces real life misandry every day and blaming of me for how my ex has in real life brain washed the kids, and who has to fight that, my default belief is now that all men are good fathers until you prove otherwise. Because the feminist and societal view is that men are default bad fathers and did something to deserve how their kids in a divorce treat them. If you ask the feminists, it's probably the case the fathers were abusive, or pedophiles, or creepy, or puritanical, or drunk, or beat them, or abandoned them, or were deadbeats.

So my default view is that all men are good fathers until there is real life proof that they aren't.

Arguments on an internet board is no way to assume:

1) A man isn't a good father
2) Some person is mentally disturbed and needs help (another often bullshit Internet diagnosis framed as smear)

If people continue with this, I am not going to say I have been triggered, or demand they stop. I will just point out the fallacy of their thinking and conclude they are a bit less skeptical and logical than I thought or would prefer them to be and perhaps unable to get in a valid criticism on their own.
My point is that you don't have anything to do with what other people post here unless you explicitly say you support it, or if you criticise it (in which case you have something to do with it, to whit opposing it).

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Skep tickle wrote: How 'bout just assuming that either you don't know anything about him as a parent, or that he's most likely "average" rather than "terrific" as a parent? Either seems more supportable.
Oh I agree with you about 95% here.

My default assumption they are terrific is probably 75% real life experience - among the people I know I think 97% of the fathers are terrific fathers, working hard on their relationships with their kids, working hard to support them. At the same time, so much terrificness also means terrificness becomes the average.

And it's probably also 25% political. Since feminists work so hard to defame fathers, I am, as FRA, going to make my default the position any father I don't know is a terrific father until you prove that father is below par and unsuitable.

This may be as logically bogus as Schrodinger's Rapist, but it's also as fair as Blackstone's Ratio.

xinit

Post by xinit »

ReneeHendricks wrote:This is what I think of when I read *anything* from A+:

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo ... inners.gif
Well they' all ARE above average in their douchiness.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I'm not meaning to say you shouldn't do any of what you're doing, I'm just concerned about the idea that we have to explicitly reject things said here that we disagree with (860 is a lot of pages to check).

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

xinit wrote:
Oneiros666 wrote: 3. "Chronic pain disorder". I.e: I have imagined disease that no medical doctor on earth will admit is an actual disease; so I'll come to A+theism where I can bitch and moan about it and get affirmation that I am a unique and valuable snowflake.
Summary: The misogynist medical community refuses to believe me, but my evidence-based naturopath has me on something awesome. (To be fair, as with gluten intolerance or asbergers, sometimes this is real, but people just self-diagnose themselves much the vast, overwhelming majority of the time.)
Oneiros666 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Great vid response from WeisApple regarding Dillahunty/Thunderf00t:

[spoiler][youtube]ivJ_DSJZUs8[/youtube][/spoiler]

(waiting for my guy to wake up - wanna go to the gun store)
I've never seen this lady before. She's really good. Thanks!

(Still giggling over her doing Rebecca. Man, she pegged her solid)

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

A+ are currently discussing the relative privilege of parents and the childless. If they had formulated their ideology in a sensible way (i.e. with each end of every dichotomy allowed in principle to have a negative or positive valence under different conditions) then that would be quite straightforward. Unfortunately, because of the way privilege is defined in their SJ framework only one end of any privilege axis is allowed to be disadvantaged - EVER- with the other end doing the oppressing. So, for example, women are always oppressed by male privilege and there is never any situation where they exert power to disadvantage men (I'm no MRA, that's just the easiest example to draw).

Because various members of A+ are either childless or parents, and everyone wants to be disadvantaged, they are now going to have a fun time deciding which end of the dichotomy has to play privileged and which end gets to be oppressed.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

AbsurdWalls wrote:I'm not meaning to say you shouldn't do any of what you're doing, I'm just concerned about the idea that we have to explicitly reject things said here that we disagree with (860 is a lot of pages to check).
There is a lot I reject that I let slide. And there are things that I think deserve a voice of protest.

As a shameless FRA, I reject the cheap shot of telling someone I disagree with that they are lousy fathers based on their Internet arguments, and I will protest that when I see it. I almost always see that being used by people that online advocate for real world ways to strip me of my children.

So fuck that, all fathers are good until there is proof otherwise.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Great vid response from WeisApple regarding Dillahunty/Thunderf00t:

youtube = ivJ_DSJZUs8

Good video, thanks for posting.

LOL'd at "surprise sex party".

Hope she's right that, eventually, "reason will prevail".

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ape+lust wrote:

I've never seen this lady before. She's really good. Thanks!

(Still giggling over her doing Rebecca. Man, she pegged her solid)
You bet! And, yes, that imitation was awesome.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Skep tickle wrote:

youtube = ivJ_DSJZUs8

Good video, thanks for posting.

LOL'd at "surprise sex party".

Hope she's right that, eventually, "reason will prevail".
That was the *BEST* comment ever! I had to muffle my laughing :D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Great vid from WeisApple. That's what hurts the Baboons the most - criticism mixed with ridicule and mockery.

Her Queen Bee impression was missing just one crucial item - a lack of alcohol.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

AbsurdWalls wrote:A+ are currently discussing the relative privilege of parents and the childless. If they had formulated their ideology in a sensible way (i.e. with each end of every dichotomy allowed in principle to have a negative or positive valence under different conditions) then that would be quite straightforward. Unfortunately, because of the way privilege is defined in their SJ framework only one end of any privilege axis is allowed to be disadvantaged - EVER- with the other end doing the oppressing. So, for example, women are always oppressed by male privilege and there is never any situation where they exert power to disadvantage men (I'm no MRA, that's just the easiest example to draw).

Because various members of A+ are either childless or parents, and everyone wants to be disadvantaged, they are now going to have a fun time deciding which end of the dichotomy has to play privileged and which end gets to be oppressed.
People with children are oppressed only by their own actions. I've got no fucking sympathy. They chose to have the brats (with very very few exceptions), so they can fucking deal with the consequences of their actions. Victim blaming? When you're only a victim of your own stupidity and lack of forethought, fuck yes.

ButterCup

Post by ButterCup »

I am a little interested in seeing where this thread goes.
What I did find interesting is Melody's comment.
And I hope Stef doesn't take her up on that.

http://i.imgur.com/yMPt7.png?1

Measly Twerp

Post by Measly Twerp »

"I'm no MRA"

When some people say MRA, they mean "Mens Rights Activist". When others say it, I'm pretty sure they mean "Male Rape Apologist".

Otherwise it's not really a slur, right?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Ape+lust wrote:(Still giggling over her doing Rebecca. Man, she pegged her solid)
My nomination for the two greatest sentences ever written on The Pit.

ChrisNauczyciel

Post by ChrisNauczyciel »

Rystefn wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:A+ are currently discussing the relative privilege of parents and the childless. If they had formulated their ideology in a sensible way (i.e. with each end of every dichotomy allowed in principle to have a negative or positive valence under different conditions) then that would be quite straightforward. Unfortunately, because of the way privilege is defined in their SJ framework only one end of any privilege axis is allowed to be disadvantaged - EVER- with the other end doing the oppressing. So, for example, women are always oppressed by male privilege and there is never any situation where they exert power to disadvantage men (I'm no MRA, that's just the easiest example to draw).

People with children are oppressed only by their own actions. I've got no fucking sympathy. They chose to have the brats (with very very few exceptions), so they can fucking deal with the consequences of their actions. Victim blaming? When you're only a victim of your own stupidity and lack of forethought, fuck yes.
I agree. I have no time for adults who make a conscious decision to have children and then feel victimised because bringing up children is hard. The absolute worst of them are people who feel victimised by their children and abuse them for it. They act as though it was their children's choice to be brought into this world and into their disgusting, incompetent parents' presence.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gefan wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:(Still giggling over her doing Rebecca. Man, she pegged her solid)
My nomination for the two greatest sentences ever written on The Pit.
Oof. I'm such a naif sometimes.

Pleasing replace "giggling" with "screaming and pulling my eyelids below my chin." Thank you.

ChrisNauczyciel

'Pointing out that privilege exists' - is fine. Doesn't cause any offence. Some proof and evidence would be nice.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Measly Twerp wrote:"I'm no MRA"

When some people say MRA, they mean "Mens Rights Activist". When others say it, I'm pretty sure they mean "Male Rape Apologist".

Otherwise it's not really a slur, right?
To be clear, I was disavowing the position held my some MRAs that rather than there being a patriarchy there is now a matriarchy or whatever.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust wrote:Oof. I'm such a naif sometimes.

Pleasing replace "giggling" with "screaming and pulling my eyelids below my chin." Thank you.
Arrgh. Please to excuse my Engrish.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

AbsurdWalls wrote:A+ are currently discussing the relative privilege of parents and the childless.
Today's event in the Oppression Olympics? And also, to the ones who are arguing that the childless are more privileged, are they now implying they are being oppressed by women who have had their uterus removed for medical reasons or the asexual people? Maybe they need to check their reproductive privilege.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Metalogic42 wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3503

Wherein Setar thinks destruction of property is ok if the property is owned by big corporations (such as, I'm assuming, JohnTheOther Incorporated).
Police response could be beneficial for Setar in the long run. Like hitting an old tv that's on the fritz.

xinit

Post by xinit »

ReneeHendricks wrote:This is what I think of when I read *anything* from A+:

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo ... inners.gif
Well they' all ARE above average in their douchiness.

xinit

Post by xinit »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, this is just...just so *Laden* - A Lot of Slymepitters Are IT People:

https://twitter.com/gregladen/status/287394291771387904
Ah, logical old Greg.
Greg The Kook wrote: IT conference/convention situation is famous for being more like the skeptics conventions than the skeptics conventions r
IT conferences are more like skeptics conventions than skeptics conventions are?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

ButterCup wrote:I am a little interested in seeing where this thread goes.
What I did find interesting is Melody's comment.
And I hope Stef doesn't take her up on that.

http://i.imgur.com/yMPt7.png?1
Smells like complete horseshit to me.

Stef starts off saying that pointing out privilege is not a personal attack.

Brennan Hutson says "People who take 'you're privileged' as an attack are white people. Conservative white people. Conservative non female not minority white people"

Stef says "Agreed".

Because white people are privileged more than anyone else. Only white people can be unaware of their privilege. And no one other than white people take "you're privileged" as an attack.

Therefore any white person that doesn't agree with Stef is probably a privileged racist but don't take that as a personal attack.

Sounds a lot like Atheism Plus to me.

Fuck that shit.

xinit

Post by xinit »

Tkmlac wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Heh. The CFI Executive Director for DC is jumping into the CFI Communications Director's shit for triggering her with wrong words.

Yes, it's Melody again.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/lzcKD.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/nearearthob ... ving-into/[/spoiler]
"That's what THEY say."

OMG. She's gone full paranoid delusional.
Melody The Tone Troll...

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

My post on Greta Christina's hypocrisy - http://beliefblower.com/Greta-Christina ... risy-Shoes

xinit

Post by xinit »

pandora wrote: though all your tips are brilliant, though like Rocko I'm Aussie and squirrels are sadly absent here.
Carry human kidneys to feed to random dropbears...?

grrrl

Post by grrrl »

Loved this line from her the most: "Now you [MD] may not think [TF posting MD's ban-spree on facebook] is gracious, but that doesn't mean it's dishonest. You can't complain in the present if your reputation is no better than your worst behavior."

^that

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

ReneeHendricks wrote:My post on Greta Christina's hypocrisy - http://beliefblower.com/Greta-Christina ... risy-Shoes
Renee:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-528619

you've pissed off aratina:P
Aratina Cage

5 January 2013 at 2:33 am (UTC -6)

@Xanthë
I’m in an awfully sour mood suddenly after, among other things, finding out that the slimepit is furiously attacking Greta Christina over her buying a pair of shoes and daring to share it with us!

xinit

Post by xinit »

Pitchguest wrote:Freezepaging Fidalgo's blog post in case it gets memoryholed:

http://www.freezepage.com/1357404736JEGPREZEHT

By the way, Melody's out of her shell and actually conversing with people for a change. Well, maybe 'conversing' is giving her too much credit.
Conversing... shrieking at... same thing, different crowd?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

grrrl wrote:

Loved this line from her the most: "Now you [MD] may not think [TF posting MD's ban-spree on facebook] is gracious, but that doesn't mean it's dishonest. You can't complain in the present if your reputation is no better than your worst behavior."

^that
Has anyone pointed out your avatar looks like Whiny Amy?

grrrl

Post by grrrl »

Lsuoma wrote:
grrrl wrote:

^that
Has anyone pointed out your avatar looks like Whiny Amy?
Why, because it looks like pale death? With pigtails?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

another lurker wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:My post on Greta Christina's hypocrisy - http://beliefblower.com/Greta-Christina ... risy-Shoes
Renee:

Aratina Cage

@Xanthë
I’m in an awfully sour mood suddenly after, among other things, finding out that the slimepit is furiously attacking Greta Christina over her buying a pair of shoes and daring to share it with us!
Yes :D And I mention her obvious hard-on for me in my post. I'm sitting here playing out "worst case scenarios" in my mind with regard to my guy and his possible cancer. He and I would be *mortified* to ask for help in advance (if we ended up really needing it when the time came, possibly a different story). Not to mention, he will work until he drops dead as would I because that's the sort of thing we learned when we were little - you do what you have to to take care of you and yours.

The gloves are off as far as Greta is concerned. No more Mz. Nice Chick.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

How indecent of you. She would've paid it forward already if she wasn't so busy at the bank....... wait...

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

[youtube]ivJ_DSJZUs8[/youtube]

Yeah, I really like her videos as well. She nailed(so to speak) Matt here. Justicar did a longer vid taking him apart as well.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Karmakin wrote:
Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:From A+ forum:

http://i.imgur.com/63Occ.jpg

Ageism? :o
But is she wrong in her implicit argument that you’re not treating others as you would expect to be treated? If so then your “ageism” question looks to qualify as evasiveness and obfuscation ….
That's not the point.

The point is that A+ is supposed to be a movement that's against all that stuff. That's what social justice means in the first place. Or at least that's what people claim it means. When Jen put down her manifesto of sorts, yes, it was against ageism. And other things.

But instead, it's a movement that actually is drowning in sexism (to be fair, they wear their sexism on their sleeve as a badge of honor), racism, ageism, classism, etc.

This is at best, highly hypocritical. However, I think that it's more accurate to say that their entire ideology revolves around putting people into little boxes based on these groupings, and as such we shouldn't be surprised that they do this. SJW-dom in the end is everything they claim to be fighting against.

It's blowing up the world to save it.
Ah, so it’s ok to point out their hypocrisy, but ok to turn a blind eye to “ours”? You’re on-board with “in-group morality and out-group hostility”?

Generally a good idea, I’ve found anyway, that before one starts throwing stones to make sure that one isn’t living in a glass house of one’s own.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

And here we go. No spoilers, let's put it out there:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8224/8351 ... 39ac_o.jpg

If you don't get it, her last tweet was a reference to my employment.

Excuse me, but I have a video to work on.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

sacha wrote:
nippletwister wrote: Going back a few dozen pages here, but I have to say....there are some bitter and disturbed people who identify as MRA's, but they are truly a tiny minority from what I've seen. What I've read of the MRM is a whole hell of a lot more reality-based and unbiased than just about anything I've seen from any of the new internet feminists of the last several years. Yes, women, even in free western societies, have some unfair and arbitrary sex or gender stereotypes and expectations thrown at them...but they are all entirely voluntary, and don't relate to much in the way of real, tangible benefits or loss of benefits in society. Really, they're not really much more than what men put up with, unless you choose to wear expensive make-up and high heels every day. Most of the problems that western feminists complain about haven't been the reality for two generations or more. Education? Now tilted in favor of females in most places, from kindergarten through college. Law enforcement and the justice system, especially the family courts and sentencing for crimes, have a HUGE pro-female bias. Wage gap? Horseshit. Women in positions of authority? Progressing as fast as anyone could possibly expect. Reproductive freedom? Entirely women's choice, no choice for men except to completely trust a woman or remain celibate. Men are more likely to be wrongfully convicted, or end up homeless, or commit suicide, or be shunned by their families, or have mental issues....yet most of the funding for social programs goes to women. Now we have feminist activists pushing for a society where a woman can say or do anything, or dress however she likes, and men are to be shamed and shunned if they react in any way not pre-feminist-approved....and of course, no equal considerations for men's feelings. Men still have to live up to white-knight stereotypes or else pay social consequences. I don't care how any woman dresses, but if someone shakes their tits in my face I reserve the right to make whatever comment I like. But Woe To Me if I dare offend any woman's precious sensibilities...she can then call me a woman-hater, slut-shamer, or just get her boyfriend to beat me up like in the good old Victorian days and nobody will even say boo. Any man who is not rich and connected has no power or privilege in our society at all above what pretty much every woman has, and this has been true for over thirty years if not longer. Unless you count being expected to risk your health and tear up your body doing strenuous labor, or serving in the military to be "privileges".

Frankly, I don't see how these obvious conditions escape notice, except that men are still held to stereotypes of a chivalrous society from day one, and expected to do all the dangerous work, take all the risks, and pay for all of society's needs as a matter of course, while expecting no real privileges any more, and this is somehow seen as good and normal. While for women, it's all a matter of "choice" and there are no wrong choices. Someone will always pick up the bill and make sure not too much harm comes from bad decisions.

As far as the "real world problems" go, away from all the theories and assumptions, I for one have seen many more innocent men destroyed emotionally and financially by abusive partners, divorce, and from having access to their own children cut off and/or manipulated by women and the courts, than I have seen women harmed by abuse, rape, violence, or anything else men might do. I have seen more men fucked over and abused by the government and court system than women, by far. I have also known more women who were verbally abusive to their partners and physically or verbally abusive to their children than I have abusive men. Most women I've talked to about these issues agree with me on these observations, but still, nobody seems to be able to bring themselves to expect the kind of accountability from women that we expect from every single man, or to muster the compassion for men that we hand without question to women.

This isn't some trendy "movement" whose assumptions I've swallowed to feel part of a group...I've noticed this shit for years, long before the last year or two, when I first discovered that MRA's even existed. I was actually quite surprised to find I wasn't alone in noticing these things, since I had never heard anyone bring them up before.
decius wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
I've nothing against MRAs (nor feminists per se, so long as they aren't the radfem lunatics you find at FtB etc.) but the idea of approaching social activism from either genders point of view is not very appealing to me peronsally.
Ditto.
Edge Penguin and decius may have a different perspective if they were living in the US.
I've not experienced anything close in the UK/Europe.

I don't know about Nipple Twister's geographical perspective, but when it comes to the US, I agree with him completely.

I usually cannot stand when someone speaks of an issue from a US-Centric view without clarifying. I'm often the first to have a go at the person who thinks the rest of the world revolves around the US.

The problem with this particular issue is that the Baboons are Merkins, and their brand of feminism is from a US Perspective, therefore when comparing the specifics of the Baboon perspective regarding feminism to the MRM perspective, one has to keep in mind that in order to understand the MRM point of view on the specifics which the Baboons speak of, one has to be considering the same geographical reality.

It seems that Canada has an extremely similar reality, but that is not something I can comment on, as I have never lived there.

When I refer to myself as an MRA, it is based upon my experiences living in the US. I agree with Nipple Twister from a US perspective.

Although I have been referred to as a Gender Traitor as long as I can remember, and have always been able to see sexism towards men with a very different perspective than most women, and even though I have always defended men when women made sexist comments, and have always been more comfortable around men, I thought of myself as "pro-equality". I am a MRA because I live in the US.

The topics that can be discussed with a more universal point of view, are far more interesting.
You are correct, I'm sorry to make it all about the "Merkins", but that is in fact the limit of my experience. I know that the US isn't the whole world, but it is almost 400 million people, and IS pretty much MY whole world. From what I've seen online, Canada has a very similar situation going on- beyond a few specifics, pretty much everything I've heard from Canadian MRA's like John the Other and GGW map pretty closely to the US experience. One of the reasons I don't comment very much anywhere is that I'm busy reading about the perspectives from other places. A lot of these issues seem to translate at least somewhat in other western countries, some don't...I have only the shared experience of others online to go by. Then there are some non-western cultures that from the outside seem to be much more traditionally patriarchal than most of the west, and the daily experience of men and women don't match up too well at all, from what little I can see. One thing a lot of the SJW's like to do, and Taslima especially seems to enjoy, is to paint any man in western society who disagrees with any of the assumptions of any feminist as if he were a clit-slicing, rape-victim-stoning oppressor, taking orders directly from the Great Sky-Penis of the Patriarchy.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote:And here we go. No spoilers, let's put it out there:

Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE! These people really haven't a fucking clue what a stalker *really* is. Mamby-pamby, don't-hurt-my-fee-fees, living in a fucking padded house asshats. Every.last.one.of.them.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Right... so it's shut up or we try fucking with your income.

Measly Twerp

Post by Measly Twerp »

cunt wrote:Right... so it's shut up or we try fucking with your income.
It's the ultimate form of arguing the person, not the position.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

another lurker wrote:
Renee:

Aratina Cage

@Xanthë
The rest of that post is pretty interesting, though - as it appears that Tis Himself, who was hounded out of Pharygula by SGBM's raging hard-on because of plagiarism in his posts, did not disappear, but became Rodney Nelson instead.
We also should recall his brother posted from the same ip as ‘Tis in at least one thread as was publicly stated at the time by ‘Tis Himself himself (he said they were sharing a terminal); there is a good chance that was ‘Tis all along, too. It might be simply that ‘Tis thought he could get away with morphing into Rodney Nelson but wasn’t as smart at getting away with it as he thought he was.
Is Tis ever Himself, I wonder?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Doxxing is bad, except when we do it. Threats are bed, except when we do it. Cyber-stalking is bad, except when we do it. Fuck those hypocrites right in the fucking ear. Remember, people: vote Rystefn in 2016, and I'll dissolve the Senate, declare myself emperor for life, and feed these assholes to the fucking lions.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Yes :D And I mention her obvious hard-on for me in my post. I'm sitting here playing out "worst case scenarios" in my mind with regard to my guy and his possible cancer. He and I would be *mortified* to ask for help in advance (if we ended up really needing it when the time came, possibly a different story). Not to mention, he will work until he drops dead as would I because that's the sort of thing we learned when we were little - you do what you have to to take care of you and yours.

The gloves are off as far as Greta is concerned. No more Mz. Nice Chick.
One reason that I think, if the time does come and you reach out for help, you'll get a massive response from The Pit is it'll be a giant "fuck you" to Greta.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

I hope they try, not because I wish any ill on Mykeru, but because I want to seem them get fucked in the process.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Great video from Weis Apple – some nice sardonic humour and some cogent arguments and observations, although I can’t see any particular problem with policies against sexual harassment – seems there have been a few [CFI? CSH?] that many on both sides have agreed on. But anathematizing T-shirts – although is “No means yes; yes means anal” going to pass muster? – and “fake jewellry” seems a bridge rather too far for most sane individuals.

However, in passing, does anyone else see some similarities – physical and mannerisms – between her and Scented Nectar? Separated at birth? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :-)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackRayner wrote:
I hope they try, not because I wish any ill on Mykeru, but because I want to seem them get fucked in the process.
Excuse me, I'll be loading up on coffee and video editing.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

cunt

Post by cunt »

Dear government employer,

It has recently come to my attention that one of your employees (probably unionised), a certain Mykeru or Mike for short has been making fun of me via various online platforms in his free time. This is outrageous. My husband is basically 100 gerbils taped together and i'm a pretty big deal down at the atheism factory.

Melody Hensley.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

I fucking LOVE the "WE have known a long time".
It's positively marinated in drama and self-importance.
Mykeru, I must ask, will the transcripts of the depositions be made public? Better yet, film them!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Rystefn wrote:

Doxxing is bad, except when we do it. Threats are bad, except when we do it. Cyber-stalking is bad, except when we do it. Fuck those hypocrites right in the fucking ear. Remember, people: vote Rystefn in 2016, and I'll dissolve the Senate, declare myself emperor for life, and feed these assholes to the fucking lions.
Got my vote. ;-)

“We have seen the enemy. And he is us” ….

Reap

Post by Reap »

cunt wrote:Dear government employer,

It has recently come to my attention that one of your employees (probably unionised), a certain Mykeru or Mike for short has been making fun of me via various online platforms in his free time. This is outrageous. My husband is basically 100 gerbils taped together and i'm a pretty big deal down at the atheism factory.

Melody Hensley.
ha ha that... is... awesome How'd you get a copy of her letter?

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

franc wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:Hey slymepitters

I gots a question. If you had to write a book your kid for when s/he's say 20 - 25, what topics would you include?

Atheism and ethics are two obvious ones, but any ideas (even if they're within those two broad categories) would be appreciated.
Three concepts that need resuscitation from ancient Greece. Typhos, atyphia and parrhesia. All have their roots in ancient Athenian Cynicism circa 400–300 BCE and are all largely lost, or more probably eradicated, as they are heretical to every ideology that has ever stained our species - no exceptions.

Parrhesia to an extent has been revived, most prominently by Michel Foucalt in his last lectures. At it's most superficial, it is simply free speech. More correctly, it is fearless or bold speech. Absolute frankness, truth and clarity, even at the expense of hurt feelings or personal consequences. The Foucalt extracts from the cesspit summarise it fairly well -
So you see, the parrhesiastes is someone who takes a risk. Of course, this risk is not always a risk of life. When, for example, you see a friend doing something wrong and you risk incurring his anger by telling him he is wrong, you are acting as a parrhesiastes. In such a case, you do not risk your life, but you may hurt him by your remarks, and your friendship may consequently suffer for it. If, in a political debate, an orator risks losing his popularity because his opinions are contrary to the majority's opinion, or his opinions may usher in a political scandal, he uses parrhesia. Parrhesia, then, is linked to courage in the face of danger: it demands the courage to speak the truth in spite of some danger. And in its extreme form, telling the truth takes place in the "game" of life or death.
and -
To summarize the foregoing, parrhesia is a kind of verbal activity where the speaker has a specific relation to truth through frankness, a certain relationship to his own life through danger, a certain type of relation to himself or other people through criticism (self-criticism or criticism of other people), and a specific relation to moral law through freedom and duty. More precisely, parrhesia is a verbal activity in which a speaker expresses his personal relationship to truth, and risks his life because he recognizes truth-telling as a duty to improve or help other people (as well as himself). In parrhesia, the speaker uses his freedom and chooses frankness instead of persuasion, truth instead of falsehood or silence, the risk of death instead of life and security, criticism instead of flattery, and moral duty instead of self-interest and moral apathy.
Typhos has been completely lost - to the point it doesn't even exist in google. But, to me, it is the most important concept of the three. It has nothing to do with the monster in Greek mythology that even the god's feared, nor the disease. It is so obscure, I have had to make an effort to reconstruct its meaning from quite a pile of sources. At its superficial level it translates as nonsense, but again, there is a lot more to it. This is my interpretation -
typhos – Archaic Greek, literally “smoke, vapor”. A cloudy, misty, befuddled state of mind; intellectual smog; the delerium of popular ideas and conventions that are thoroughly divorced from reality or merit.
Typhos sees no difference between religion, homeopathy, conspiracy theory, personality cultdom or the gibberish that spews from the baboons. It is all the product of a mind that is fogged by the indistinct mist of concocted realities and incapable of either objectivity or clarity.

Luis Navia, probably the best living Cynic historian puts it this way -
The Cynics persisted in the conviction that most people live as if immersed in a cloud of smoke (typhos) that prevents them from seeing clearly and does not allow them to use that which distinguishes humans from animals—namely, the capacity to reason. In abandoning this capacity, people forsake their true nature. Diogenes often said that the human world is an enormous madhouse in which every sort of madness is found everywhere: cruelty, greed, deception, mendacity, brutality, uncontrolled hedonism, and the rest of the all-too-common diseases that afflict humanity and have become endemic in the form of things such as religion, patriotism, tradition, and other manifestations of irrationality.
It is no extravagant claim to say that every fuck up this planet has ever made has been the direct result of typhos.

Atyphia is the simplest. It is the antithesis of typhos. It is clarity and simplicity in expression, the removal of ambiguities from meaning. It is the engine that drives parrhesia. Plain talk, calling a spade a spade, fuck your feelings, this is how it really is. Bullshit free and pure, if somewhat painful.

I think everything else that we have - from reason to ethics to logic - is built upon the foundation stones of these concepts.
That was truly interesting, thank you. I really need to read more on the ancient Greeks...those old, irrelevant, over-privileged white dudebros were really on to something...

ChrisNauczyciel

Yeah I find it disgusting that Greg Laden keeps trying to dox people. But his ineptitude is even more disgusting. Not once has he got it right. Not once. Plus, he he can't spell.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

JackRayner wrote:
I infer, from what has been said here that Mykeru might be a US federal employee. I might be wrong and it really doesn't matter except for this: if Mykeru IS a federal employee, it doesn't matter if he's a janitor @ HHS or the head of the CIA( now that would be interesting, wouldn't it?), people threatening a federal employee will bring down the full weight of the US government on those that make the threat.

It's dicey for them to even imply some sort of threat. Bad news for you, Melody.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Right. Melody thinks she can handle an indefatigable PITA like Mykeru when Laden couldn't. Man, she just rockets between tears 'n snot dispensing victim and justice dispensing hardass without covering any ground inbetween.

Just get it over with Mykeru, show her a dog dick.
cunt wrote:Dear government employer,

Melody Hensley.
Fuck. I just laughed my tonsils across the room.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Okay, Renee, are you gonna post a photo of your new "toy"?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Nice to see that Melody Hensley has been Googlebombed as 'Melodramatic Melody Hensley'. At the bottom of the list at the moment, but give it a little more time...