The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

There are people who consider Funyuns a vegetable. Others, a complete meal.

John D

Post by John D »

Didn't you know... this is the latest trill ride at Disney's Negroland. You walk into the attraction passing by idyllic scenes which slowly turn into burnt out cityscapes. Once you reach the city center the melanin scanner determines who in your group has the lightest skin color. A spotlight then shines on the lightest person and a loudspeaker blasts "Is They White?" At this point the "white" person has to run through an obstacle course while the rest of the group chases them yelling "Is they white?.... Is they white?" If the "white person makes it out without getting tackled they get a free pass for "Nergoland" for the next day. If the "white" person is caught the whole group shares a $10 discount coupon at "Little Black Sambo's BBQ and Ribs" which is conveniently located on the corner of "Main Street USA" and "MLK Boulevard".

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D

Post by John D »

Fripp is living right! He is an old man still playing his guitar while his fake-tit MILF wife is dancing around to his songs. Haha. Great stuff.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Fripp is living right! He is an old man still playing his guitar while his fake-tit MILF wife is dancing around to his songs. Haha. Great stuff.
That's a GILF, brat.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:34 am
No, ebonics is, or bad grammar in non-ghetto. The real concern is that some white person might "come down Sherman" and defend themself. The Feds will just have to get involved if that happens because you can't have that kind of thing going unpunished.

What's with the American obsession with asses and shit? People are never beaten up, only asses and shit!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Yes, I am an idiot, so don't bother asking.

Previous post was reply to Fegg's comment:
After seeing this, I don't see how anyone can doubt that internalised multi-racial white supremacy is the greatest problem facing America today.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In all fairness, the "Is they white?/ Beat his shit!" mob may have been clearing This Type of White People from their neighborhood...

in which case, can ya really blame 'em?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

POOF!.. Hooray! Google made the riots go away!

John D

Post by John D »

I called this one. Yesterday my wife and I watched as the police chief cried over the shooting death of the black kid, Daunte Wright, who resisted arrest. Cop thought she was gonna tase him, but pulled her Glock instead. Not good policing... that's for sure. Still, the little fucker resisted arrest just like all the other melinanted folks who got shot.

So.... I watched the police chief crying and said to my wife "This fucker is done. He will be gone by tomorrow." Haha. Yep.

Pretty soon there may be no cops left. They will all be glorified security guards who just stand there and watch the crime. Haha. Maybe crime will go through the roof. Who would want to be a cop when they don't even have immunity... but we will see. I think it is New Mexico that outlawed immunity for cops. Let's watch that little experiment. Let the games begin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/off ... d-n1263949

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. Someone commented on Tardbook that I was an "idiot". So I replied that she was a "bitch". My comment got banned. I laughed and laughed. Somehow it is okay to call someone an idiot but it is not okay to call them a bitch. Damseling for 1000 Alex.

John D

Post by John D »

Someone needs to do a study... but my impression is that women cops shoot more often than men cops. They don't have enough open hand skill and physical power to control a perp. I think they go to a weapon quicker than men.

Jerico Green is fun!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Who would want to be a cop when they don't even have immunity... but we will see. I think it is New Mexico that outlawed immunity for cops.
NYC recently limited Qualified Immunity for cops. I think that's a step forward, not back. Why shouldn't cops be held personally liable? ...for doing shit like this:
► Show Spoiler
Who would want to be a cop when they don't even have immunity
What kind of person would let the absence of Qualified Immunity be the deal-breaker between accepting ANY job, and turning it down?

"Hi, I'd like to be a commercial pilot, but if I can be personally sued for coming to work high on cough syrup and LSD, then No Deal, maaaaan!"

("In that case, Welcome to the United family. High five!")

Seems to me-- to argue that Qualified Immunity is _necessary_ ...is to admit that the court system cannot fairly vet cases filed against cops.

In which case-- courts are broken. And cops are just the Abuction Squad for an institutional Lynch Mob.

In which case, EVERYONE should have Qualified Immunity!

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: Who would want to be a cop when they don't even have immunity... but we will see. I think it is New Mexico that outlawed immunity for cops.
In which case-- courts are broken. And cops are just the Abuction Squad for an institutional Lynch Mob.

I think you have had some involvement with the courts yourself. Do you think they work well...quickly...fairly? Yep.... I didn't think so.

It is possible that many people will start suing cops for civil rights violations without immunity. Qualified immunity only protects a cop from civil action, not from criminal action. Of course, the state has to prosecute a cop that breaks the law. And, it seams to me that the state is very interested in going after cops right now.

Time will tell, but I will say this.... crime in NYC is WAY up. Cops are not using proactive policing tactics anymore. They may turn into glorified self-defenders to avoid getting in trouble. This feels like a bad way to go for crime prevention. Glad I live in a very quiet suburb. Cities are in for some big problems. Crime is not up in most of the rural and suburban areas.... but it is up in all major metro areas.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm
Haha. Another video for the new Disney theme park called "Negroland". A good friend of mine works for the city of Detroit electric company. He is one of those guys that goes up it the bucket truck to fix the wires after a storm. When he gets to some areas the melinated barbarians scream at them accusing them of fixing their power lines last. Sometimes they start throwing rocks at the workers so he packs up and leaves. No power for you! Haha.
I am a lineman for the county
And I drive the main road
Last time I worked the hood it really blowed

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:31 pm
What kind of person would let the absence of Qualified Immunity be the deal-breaker between accepting ANY job, and turning it down?

"Hi, I'd like to be a commercial pilot, but if I can be personally sued for coming to work high on cough syrup and LSD, then No Deal, maaaaan!"

("In that case, Welcome to the United family. High five!")

Seems to me-- to argue that Qualified Immunity is _necessary_ ...is to admit that the court system cannot fairly vet cases filed against cops.

The comparison to airline pilots would be apt if they had a stewardess following them with a tray of LSD and cough syrup everywhere they went. Confrontation with non-compliant citizens is part of policing. They don't really have the option of spending an hour arguing with every indignant citizen so they eventually either have to resort to arrest if the necessary details are not provided to enable follow up or let an offender go. On the surface it would seem simple. If the stop is valid and the officer's requests lawful, then he is entitled to resort to force eventually. The issue is that whether or not a stop is lawful can turn into a subjective issue in court and there are more than a few SocJus or politically ambitious prosecutors who will ignore the law or get creative in going after police. Policing would be paralysed to a certain extent if officers were subjected to the same legal standards as everyone else. It is commonly accepted that ordinary citizens are exposing themselves to prosecution by getting involved in violent confrontations with others or between others. I'm personally not impressed with the latitude given to officers in the UK by the internal investigatory bodies or with the willingness of officers to abuse that latitude in harassing citizens by making up law on the spot to coerce information out of the public. It isn't that I don't think there are officers who badly abuse their privilege, it's that while there are definitely ways in which oversight could be improved, you either accept less effective policing or a certain amount of police abuse.

We have the same issue here in South Africa, particularly with metro police, who are locally employed police departments. There are some horrific cases of racial abuse (of white and black) and some really bad instances of abuse generally. You may remember the Marikana incident where the police broke up a demo by miners and followed a bunch of them into the bushes and gunned them down. Then again, people get worked up at the way violent criminals get away with it because police officers are hamstrung by regulation.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Can we have a moment of silence for Bernie Made-off (with a lot of money).

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Potter should be exonerated, except actually given 20 years in prison.

John D

Post by John D »

Negligent homicide.... 7 years maximum. I think she might be up for a year or two. We will see.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Daunte Wright, just an innocent victim with too many air fresheners:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ailymailus

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Vicious pitbull savages icecream vendor.

*Warning* Extremely graphic footage.

(look at its tail go!)

Keating

Post by Keating »

I've been experimenting with 30 hour fasts and finding them quite good for me.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote: I've been experimenting with 30 hour fasts and finding them quite good for me.
I'm going vegetarian for the month*, mainly soups and veg stews. Fifteen days in and already starting to hallucinate when I look at my GF's ass - it looks like two giant meatballs and I'm tempted to sink my gnashers into them! Then again, that's nothing new.

I don't think I'm going to make it but determined to give it my best effort.

* GF made casual challenge/bet, I rose to the occasion, the integrity of her butthole is in jeopardy if I win!

Keating

Post by Keating »

I believe in you

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: I rose to the occasion
I'm sure you did.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Watch the stoppage drills of the guy in the room with the perp.

"Train hard, fight easy" and all that good stuff.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: I've been experimenting with 30 hour fasts and finding them quite good for me.
I haven't slept for 30 hours.

I never get more than eight hours at a time.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ha! Robert Webb, the insufferable snowflake prick, has fucked up. Not only has he infuriated the trans* clique, he's doubling down and has the cheek to actually defend himself!

For those unaware of who Webb is, he's the skinny twat in the "are we the baddies" meme of internet fame.

Can't wait to watch him being raked over the coals! :)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Watch the stoppage drills of the guy in the room with the perp.
You mean, staring at the tupperware in the hopes it will start pew pew again?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A guy I work with is from Ohio, his wife is a nurse there. He sez her hospital all got the Modera jab... and many of them are getting sick with Covid afterward. "That Moderna shit don't work! Get the Pfizer!" is their consensus.

I find the story intriguing. What if it's true, that Moderna isn't effective? Does that mean it mean it _was_ effective when it was tested-- but Covid has evolved to defeat the type of immunity generated by the Moderna pseudo-vaccine?

Or was Moderna _never_ effective, and the testing which suggested otherwise-- was somehow incorrect.

=

Last week I listened to part of an episode of Free Man Beyond The Wall podcast-- the guest was named Stacy-Ann or somesuch. Her voice is grating, like Victoria Jackson-- and she says dingbat stuff. Buuut... she also asks the right questions and hits home runs, sometimes.

One thing that episode discussed-- was How Will We Even Know If These 'Vaccines' Are Working? If the surivival rate goes from 99.97% to 99.997%... is that the vaccine doing a great job/ or a meaningless statistical variance?

I recall seeing stats-- saying the average age of death in-general is (something like) 81 years. But the average age of death attributed-to-Covid was 82 years. I don't recall the exact numbers-- I just remember the important part: the death-age of dying from Covid was HIGHER than the normal life expectancy in-general. So what's the measure of success of the jab, then? Will lifespans go even-higher than before Covid? Or will the fall back down to pre-Covid levels? What's the target by-which we are to measure 'success' ??

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Another Covid question:

A year ago, I recall an interactive info-graphic about Herd Immunity. It showed a rectangle-- a box-- containing circles (representing people) which drifted around and bumped-against other people-circles. It showed an infected person-circle entering the box-- and spreading the infection to other circles which it bumped-against. When each circle got-over the infection-- it would chance color to represent immunity.

The graphic demonstrated how vectors of disease spread... and how immunity followed, hampering subsequent vector waves of the disease.

GIVEN ALL THIS... isn't Herd Immunity based-on the idea that Immune and Vulnerable people are all mixed-together. So the disease has trouble moving through a partially-immune crowd/ to find the vulnerable people.

AND YET... I keep seeing people with Antibodies or who have gotten The Jab... SEGREGATED from the un-vaccinated people. Doesn't it defeat herd immunity to create herds of segregated un-vaccinated/ no-immunity people.

See whut I'm saying?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: You mean, staring at the tupperware in the hopes it will start pew pew again?
Flapping aside, I'm honestly shocked at how bad his skills and drills were.

Ah well, at least the footpad was issued with several blow-holes and nobody innocent was hurt.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Anyone been following the Q documentary series?

I've heard tell that GamerGate gets a mention...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Flapping aside, I'm honestly shocked at how bad his skills and drills were.
Apparently, the Academy has dropped teaching tap rack 'n' roll in favor of de-escalation techniques such as the pretend pat-down the cop at the ambulance performed.

Watching these videos, I've seen a surprising number of LEO with jams after the first shot -- typically a stove pipe because they've fouled the slide with incorrect support hand positioning. Not sure what type of malfunction occurred here, but IIRC, Glock mags have a button release, and are not removed by prying them out of the well.

Ah well, at least the footpad was issued with several blow-holes and nobody innocent was hurt.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccine require two jabs, the J&J one. This dude received about fifteen booster shots of the Federal Premium, but can rest assured he will not die of covid.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: GIVEN ALL THIS... isn't Herd Immunity based-on the idea that Immune and Vulnerable people are all mixed-together. So the disease has trouble moving through a partially-immune crowd/ to find the vulnerable people.

AND YET... I keep seeing people with Antibodies or who have gotten The Jab... SEGREGATED from the un-vaccinated people. Doesn't it defeat herd immunity to create herds of segregated un-vaccinated/ no-immunity people.

See whut I'm saying?
If you define "vulnerable" as 'still able to become infected', yes. Vulnerable as in, could-well-die-from-the-disease, people should avoid contact until either they are vaccinated, or herd immunity among the general population has been achieved.

Barring a vaccine, herd immunity is achieved via people developing antibodies after being exposed to the virus, thus rendering them non-vectors following any future exposures.

What the entire world outside of Sweden and South Dakota did was doubly wrong. First, they seriously retarded herd immunity by quarantining everyone, including the 99% who were not at risk. Pure panic was spread over rising 'cases' -- in truth, existence of antibodies regardless of symptoms -- when young, healthy folks getting exposed was a good thing for herd immunity.

Now, after herd immunity has belatedly been realized despite their bungling, they insist on needlessly vaccinating everyone -- including anyone who's already had covid or tested positive for antibodies.

It was never about 'the science.'

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I recall old podcasts... Maybe it was RadioLab... about how vaccines eventually become useless against resistant strains. The scientists back-then said we need to hold back from dumping every new vaccine on the market at once... Wait until one stops working before we use the next. Otherwise we'll just help super-resistant strains develop before we can invent more vaxxes.

That wisdom seems to have been forgotten.

=

Today I saw AOC tweeting about inflation... Saying old Congressmen still think a Hershey Bar costs 5 cents. Just another example of the same people who cast aside longstanding ideas of prudent policy... Complaining about the results... With no acknowledgement of any discrepancy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: The scientists back-then said we need to hold back from dumping every new vaccine on the market at once... Wait until one stops working before we use the next. Otherwise we'll just help super-resistant strains develop before we can invent more vaxxes.

They yearn for a resistant strain to justify keeping us either under house arrest or wearing the niqab. So maybe it's intentional.

Today I saw AOC tweeting about inflation... Saying old Congressmen still think a Hershey Bar costs 5 cents.
Airhead Mussolini.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Whither Canada?

Er, I meant Whither AOC?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

From that link - why AOC is actually an establishment Dumbocrat (thanks, Birch Barlow!)

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/0 ... t-m30.html

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:11 am
Service Dog wrote: GIVEN ALL THIS... isn't Herd Immunity based-on the idea that Immune and Vulnerable people are all mixed-together. So the disease has trouble moving through a partially-immune crowd/ to find the vulnerable people.

See whut I'm saying?
If you define "vulnerable" as 'still able to become infected', yes. Vulnerable as in, could-well-die-from-the-disease, people should avoid contact until either they are vaccinated, or herd immunity among the general population has been achieved.

Barring a vaccine, herd immunity is achieved via people developing antibodies after being exposed to the virus, thus rendering them non-vectors following any future exposures.

What the entire world outside of Sweden and South Dakota did was doubly wrong. First, they seriously retarded herd immunity by quarantining everyone, including the 99% who were not at risk. Pure panic was spread over rising 'cases' -- in truth, existence of antibodies regardless of symptoms -- when young, healthy folks getting exposed was a good thing for herd immunity.

Now, after herd immunity has belatedly been realized despite their bungling, they insist on needlessly vaccinating everyone -- including anyone who's already had covid or tested positive for antibodies.

It was never about 'the science.'
The actual science on Coof immunity doesn't seem settled and the variants confuse the picture even more. Nobody seems sure if infection does confer long term immunity so relying on herd immunity carries a risk. The recovery rates of the young don't indicate how many have suffered permanent damage. There is too much unknown to know what the correct policy is from a purely medical standpoint. My problem with the general response is that it defaults to a safety first (from Coof infection only) position without weighing up the possible long term economic, social, medical and political effects. It is entirely reasonable to fear the slippery slope down to permanent restrictions on freedoms and also quite reasonable for that fear to increase in the face of authoritarian crackdowns on public debate.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 am
I recall old podcasts... Maybe it was RadioLab... about how vaccines eventually become useless against resistant strains. The scientists back-then said we need to hold back from dumping every new vaccine on the market at once... Wait until one stops working before we use the next. Otherwise we'll just help super-resistant strains develop before we can invent more vaxxes.

=

Today I saw AOC tweeting about inflation... Saying old Congressmen still think a Hershey Bar costs 5 cents. Just another example of the same people who cast aside longstanding ideas of prudent policy... Complaining about the results... With no acknowledgement of any discrepancy.
I've been hearing talk about the new theory of monetary policy under which the US Fed is churning out money to fund govt spending. Even heard talk that taxation isn't that important anymore because the govt can just create more money. Is this just the media being sarcastic, I can't tell, or is there an actual belief by national reserve banks that they can escape the usual inflationary effects? Seems reckless to me. I would have thought that we've already massively overspent to the extent that it may take generations to recover, but the US under Biden in particular seems to think they've got trillions to dole out in party favours while taking minimal steps to recover the tax base. They want to increase tax rates, but I don't think that is the same thing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I've been hearing talk about the new theory of monetary policy under which the US Fed is churning out money to fund govt spending. Even heard talk that taxation isn't that important anymore because the govt can just create more money. Is this just the media being sarcastic, I can't tell, or is there an actual belief by national reserve banks that they can escape the usual inflationary effects? Seems reckless to me. I would have thought that we've already massively overspent to the extent that it may take generations to recover, but the US under Biden in particular seems to think they've got trillions to dole out in party favours while taking minimal steps to recover the tax base. They want to increase tax rates, but I don't think that is the same thing.
We're in so far over our head, no amount of taxation will cover the massive spending proposals. We couldn't even tax our way out of our existing debt burden.

As I doubt they've suddenly forgotten economic theory, I assume it's intentional, and the bug is for them a feature. For one, a collapse of the USD would pave the way for the world to set its currency to the Yuan.

Hyperinflation and spiked corporate taxes can be ridden out by the hyper-rich and the megacorps. Tens of thousands of businesses, even some very big ones, will close, leaving Amazon as our GUM. Bezos paid for Kamala; it's about time he starts seeing some ROI.

IDK, but I wonder if inflation also dampens the risk of pleb investors fucking with hedge funds. In any case, the little people who rely on the market for retirement will see their investments tank. Meaning they'll be dependent on government handouts, which will require even more printing of monopoly money, and round and round it goes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

There has been no cogent case that I have seen leveled against MMT. Stephanie Kelton's book appears to be the best current description.

I've not seen any arguments raised against it that don't end with either "Can't see anything wrong with this," or "Shut up, I'm an economist and you don't understand it because you're too dumb!"
^simplification, but not by much^

Naked Capitalism is a good resource for learning about stuff like this: NC

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Is this just the media being sarcastic, I can't tell, or is there an actual belief by national reserve banks that they can escape the usual inflationary effects?
My guess is... the academics, media, and AOC-types promoting Modern Monetary Theory... regard MMT as a useful sales-pitch for the clueless masses to consume.

The truth or falsehood of the claims is no more relevant than Nike's 'Just Do It' or Apple's 'Think Different'.

I don't follow the Federal Reserve closely, but I did (months ago) hear a Fed official reply to a question about whether they'll be able to control inflation-- by saying inflation might be desirable. The goal of 'stimulus' would be served if people are motivated by inflation to spend their money before its value evaporates.

So I don't think the Fed believes-in MMT. The Fed just shrugs & sez 'not my fault'-- blaming Congress-- since Congress are the ones spending all this funny money.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Which politicians even speak-up against the spending spree? Trump was a big spender. Mitch McConnell, too.

The only recent dissenters I can recall... were Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and Justin Amash.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:40 am
There has been no cogent case that I have seen leveled against MMT. Stephanie Kelton's book appears to be the best current description.

I've not seen any arguments raised against it that don't end with either "Can't see anything wrong with this," or "Shut up, I'm an economist and you don't understand it because you're too dumb!"
^simplification, but not by much^

Naked Capitalism is a good resource for learning about stuff like this: NC
Life's too short to delve too far into monetary theory. I just know the basics and even an idiot like me can see how silly the current approach is, unless they are aiming for a radically different model which somehow changes the rules. One thing I did hear is that the aim is to switch all transactions to digital in the hopes that the Fed can analyse data in hours and respond accordingly instead of waiting months as is currently the case. This may be tied to rumoured attempts at shutting down or taking control of digital currencies. I'm out of my depth when it comes to the theory, but I would be buying gold if I had any assets. I just really doubt that you can divorce currency, whatever form it's in, from real tangible value and get away with it for very long.

Keating

Post by Keating »

At least three of the people who predicted the 2008 crash, including Michael Burry, have warned that a massive crash is coming in the second half of this year or early 2022…

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Yet another badly trained cops cluster fuck, featuring yet another ineffectual taser:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Stephanie Kelton
On March 18, Joe Wiesenthal of Bloomberg Markets had MMT economist Stephanie Kelton on the show. If you’re not familiar with modern monetary theory, they think governments should print more money because deficits aren’t a big deal. At one point in the show, Wiesenthal asked, “If we don’t need to worry about deficits, why do we have taxes?” Kelton’s response was illuminating.

Kelton’s answer? Taxes would still be needed, because they make us poor. And because they can punish people she doesn’t like.

Specifically, Kelton likes that taxes “remove dollars from our hands, so we can’t spend them,” leaving more purchasing power for the government. So taxes make the people poor, and that’s a selling point to her, presumably because she thinks governments are really good at lifting people out of poverty. Anybody who’s spent time in America’s inner cities, where government money is pretty much the only money, might disagree.

Ah, but it’s not just about spending our money more wisely than we ever could, Kelton adds two secondary reasons she loves taxes: to punish particular people by redistributing their money, and to punish people for doing things she doesn’t like. Such as failing to buy energy-efficient appliances (no, really). In other words, social engineering with carrots for your friends, sticks for your not-so-friends.

Aside from the morality of preying on our neighbors, demanding they pay an ever-growing “fair share” that invariably exceeds what, say, a journalist or professor pays, using taxes for redistribution and punishing—“nudging,” in the fashionable parlance—carries enormous collateral damage. Because redistribution arranges society into hostile factions either trying to violently dispossess one another or defending against that dispossession. Moreover, redistribution isn’t simply innocently shuffling the chips; it is wholesale destruction. A paper coauthored by Christina Romer, former chair of Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that each dollar in government spending leads to between $2 and $3 in lost economic activity. A separate study by Harvard economist Martin Feldstein came to similar deadweight estimates that “may exceed $2 per $1 of revenue.” In other words, in order to move a dollar, you have to destroy at least two to three dollars.

There is a similar mix of moral and practical costs to using predatory taxes for social engineering. It also breaks the social compact to live and let live, rendering our every decision subject to public vote, from what we eat, to where we vacation, to what kind of bag we use to carry our groceries. There is nothing outside the realm of the nudgers, no detail too small.

Moreover, by mass imposition of what are effectively judicial fines for noncrimes, such taxes can achieve a level of control that would never be constitutional if written as law. For example, today in the United States, 90 percent of students attend public schools, despite the terrible quality of education. Why do they stay? Because each voter must pay for public schools whether or not they use them, but would have to shoulder $11,200 per child per year for opting out of the public system, while continuing to pay that $12,600 per year in taxes for the “free” public system. Especially for the working class, this penalty becomes prohibitive for all but the most committed.

Pair these facts—no detail too small for the social engineers and their ability to achieve near-universal obedience via fines and subsidies—and we risk a totalitarian “permissioned” society where we are free on paper, but using that freedom comes with ruinous fines.

If, indeed, the only remaining justification for taxes in an inflationary regime is to redistribute and punish—to erode social harmony in a fiscal war of all against all while impoverishing society and enabling a creeping totalitarianism—then it is much closer to the mark that modern taxes have become not the price of civilization, but the predator of civilization.

https://mises.org/wire/if-deficits-dont ... ther-taxes
Kelton in her own words, below:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Keating wrote: Bananas should not be used in cooking.
Banana fritters are little slices of heaven on your plate. Sure, you can feel your blood turn to sludge as you eat them but who wants to live forever?
Few things nicer than a banana fritter in y wame.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Is this just the media being sarcastic, I can't tell, or is there an actual belief by national reserve banks that they can escape the usual inflationary effects?
My guess is... the academics, media, and AOC-types promoting Modern Monetary Theory... regard MMT as a useful sales-pitch for the clueless masses to consume.

The truth or falsehood of the claims is no more relevant than Nike's 'Just Do It' or Apple's 'Think Different'.

I don't follow the Federal Reserve closely, but I did (months ago) hear a Fed official reply to a question about whether they'll be able to control inflation-- by saying inflation might be desirable. The goal of 'stimulus' would be served if people are motivated by inflation to spend their money before its value evaporates.

So I don't think the Fed believes-in MMT. The Fed just shrugs & sez 'not my fault'-- blaming Congress-- since Congress are the ones spending all this funny money.
MMT describes how the monetary system works in a sovereign nation with its own currency. Belief or disbelief is irrelevant. Taxation at the Federal level is not required for the Government to spend money, i.e. it has other functions, but revenue generation is not one of these. States, on the other hand, require revenue from taxation or from Federal Government allocation.

The trillions of dollars spent by the US on the various wars in the Middle East and Afghanistan over the last few decades, for example, were funded by money spent into existence. It did not come from your income tax, selling of bonds, or borrowing from China.

Inflation is an issue that can be managed with judicious taxation, Government spending, and policy/regulatory settings.

Bill Mitchell's blog - http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/ - provides useful discussion on MMT, as does the book recommended by Lsuoma.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: There has been no cogent case that I have seen leveled against MMT.
Please read Bob Murphy's book review & tell me whether that's sufficient.

https://mises.org/wire/review-stephanie ... ficit-myth

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: There has been no cogent case that I have seen leveled against MMT.
Please read Bob Murphy's book review & tell me whether that's sufficient.

https://mises.org/wire/review-stephanie ... ficit-myth
There's quite a bit there to parse, but the short answer is no. It's not sufficient.
So why is this bad news? Because Kelton’s concrete policy proposals would be an absolute disaster. Her message can be boiled down to two sentences (and these are my words, not an exact quotation): Because the Federal Reserve has the legal ability to print an unlimited number of dollars, we should stop worrying about how the government will “pay for” the various spending programs the public desires. If they print too much money we will experience high inflation, but Uncle Sam doesn’t need to worry about “finding the money” the same way a household or business does.

This is an incredibly dangerous message to be injecting into the American discourse. If it were mere inflationism, we could hope that enough of the public and the policy wonks would rely on their common sense to reject it. Yet because Kelton dresses up her message with equations and thought experiments, she may end up convincing an alarming number of readers that MMT really can turn unaffordable government boondoggles into sensible investments, just by changing the way we think about them.
What proponents of MMT, like Stephanie Kelton, are arguing is that the public have been told that there is no alternative to things like austerity policy or not providing a Government funded health system, etc, because the Government can't afford them. This is patently wrong. In the USA the manufactured fear of socialism is used to funnel wealth from the public purse to the top end of town and driving the plebs into gig servitude. MMT allows for near unlimited expenditure of treasury on misbegotten wars, but it also allows for investment in social good. Imagine.
The insistence on countries issuing debt in their own currency helps to explain away awkward cases such as Venezuela, which is suffering from hyperinflation and yet has the ability to issue its own currency. The answer (from an MMT perspective) is that Venezuela had a large proportion of its foreign-held debt denominated in US dollars, rather than the bolivar, and hence the Venezuelan government couldn’t simply print its way out of the hole. In contrast, goes the MMT argument, the US government owes its debts in US dollars, and so never need worry about a fiscal crisis.
This isn't an inconvenient fact. It is the reality that countries such as Venezuela, Vietnam, etc have become indebted in US currency through a range of factors including corporate bastardry (supported by the State Department and CIA) and foreign "aid", and political/economic sanctions because independent countries, such as Venezuela, had the temerity to vote in people not liked by corporate-political interests, and politicians/leaders in those countries who have been threatened, bought off, or believed that the US cared for their country.

He doesn't start well, and then trots out the same old same old.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kiwi-- You made a specific claim-- that "The trillions of dollars spent by the US on the various wars in the Middle East and Afghanistan over the last few decades, for example, were funded by money spent into existence. It did not come from your income tax, selling of bonds, or borrowing from China."

Bob Murphy's book review refuted that specific claim, revealing it to be an MMT just-so story. Rather than acknowledge or reply to Murphy's critique, you dance right past it.

Instead, you responded by saying the quiet part out-loud: the thing which really matters to you is America's resistance against nationalized health care, guaranteed government jobs for everyone, nationalized redistribution of wealth... the same old same old boomer Socialism. Not the type of Socialism in shitholes like Venezuela, you note (NPC lolcow go moooo) but True Socialism of the sort not yet tried!-- free from the sinister influence of the CIA and State Department and foreign "aid" and all that evil bomb-dropping US Govt...

...waitaminute, isn't that the *same* US Govt which you're so eager to see expand into every nook & cranny of Social Welfare ?!

Ok, let's do it your way.

I modestly propose we test MMT by using it in the payment of Slavery Reparations. The US govt can pull a new Sovereign Currency out of its ass. Anyone who says they're descended from slaves... (and heck, while we're at it: any illegal alien inside the US, or any person anywhere in the world who feels they deserve asylum)... will be credited with ONE BILLION GEORGE FLOYDS. These new sovereign assets will not be backed by any Treasury bonds or any hard asset or any prior taxation. To remain sovereign, the Floyds will not be denominated-to any-other currency, such as US dollars.

The Floyds will be created by being spent by the govt to pay the Reparations. After the debt of slavery has been fully paid... if we detect any inflation in the prices of stuff purchased with Floyds... then the govt can offset the inflation by taxing the darkies to give their Floyds back to the govt. If they already spent all their Floyds, the blackies will have to crawl-around looking for more Floyds-- like Hunter Biden on the floor checking to see if Parmesian Cheese is Leftover Crack. The good news is-- the govt will offer Guaranteed Can't-Get-Fired-No-Matter-Whut Jobs to anyone who wants them-- jobs paying 15 to ¹⁵th power Floyds per hour. As mentioned in the Green New Deal FAQ, those "unwilling" to work will also be paid at the same rate.

By the way, to offset America's shameful history of White Supremacy, all the Nationalized Health Care doctors & dentists and Nationalized Higher Education professors and all the other Social Welfare Service jobs-- will be open exclusively to Black Crip Dykes, White Women In Pink Pussy Hats, Transies, Double Masker Triple Vaxxers, and Whoever Shows Up At The Border.

This is going to be awesome.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Nice bit of Stockholm syndrome you've got there Doggie. Ooogie boogie socialism.

I'll make time later to have a look at his explicit refutation in more detail.

As for reparations; perhaps you could pay them on Doges.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Didn't something like 30% of all US dollars that have ever existed were created in the last year?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, on twatter I suggested that feminists and their male allies deserve one another - cunts and the arseholes that prey upon cunts.

7 day ban for "promoting violence against a protected group" ;)