Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Whistleblower says his hospital shut down 3/4 of its ICU ward, and even the quarter open was not full. He
saw people who were fine, they had a terminal case of boredom. I spoke with these people and they weren’t sick at all, they felt fine but were told they had to stay there.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... can-prove/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Clive Sinclair dead (in a C5 crash?)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Democrats greatly overestimate the severity of covid:
“When asked to estimate the share of deaths by age group, the average American dramatically overestimates the share of COVID-19 deaths from people aged 24 anad younger, putting it around 8%, when in fact it was 0.1% …. Meanwhile the elderly,  those 65 and older, had accounted for 81% …. Democrats were further off than Republicans and more likely to overstate the risks to young people…. t is remarkable that many Americans remain misinformed about this basic factor and continue to see it through a political lens.

“The U.S. public is also deeply misinformed about the severity of the virus for the average infected person…. [It’s] between 1% and 5% according to the best available estimates, and it is unlikely to be much higher or lower. Democrats are much more likely than Republicans to overestimate this harm. Forty-one percent of Democrats and 28% of Republicans answered that half or more of those infected by COVID-19 need to be hospitalized. Republicans were also far more likely to get the correct answer, with 26% correctly identifying the risk compared to just 10% of Democrats.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20210808161 ... behaviors/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pfizer booster shot was tested on just 300 subjects… no control group... and only 12 people over 65…

(the main trial included no one over 55)

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/are ... zer-volume

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Clive Sinclair dead (in a C5 crash?)
CS-C5.jpg
(22.98 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
You'd have to be on the Spectrum to get that reference.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote: I thought she might be really angry about this whole thing, but this morning she politely asked me to put lotion on her back and we discussed having BLTs for dinner. Hmmmm. I think this can work.
"It puts the lotion on my back or it gets the hose again..."

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Clive Sinclair dead (in a C5 crash?)
CS-C5.jpg

You'd have to be on the Spectrum to get that reference.
If it hadn't been for the oil industry supressing this technology, we would all have been driving electrical vehicles like this in the mid-80s.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm listening to Reason Magazine editor Nick Gillespie interview conservative columnist George Will. It's awful.

It's worth listening-to... because it's such a clear example of denial-of-reality.

After all the frenzy and noise of the Anti-Trumpers and Never-Trumpers... they have gone into hibernation under Biden.

The new Sleeping Giant of politics-- is all these boomers in their self-induced sleeping-pill coma. 'Wake me when it's over'
(It's certainly common here on the pit.)

For Gillespie & Will-- the Libertarian Party is their sleep-pod: 'Don't blame me, I voted Libertarian.'

I Just Want To Be Left Alone is a valid synonym for 'Libertarian'. but Don't Rock The Boat is not a good use of the libertarian party & the libertarian magazine & libertarian podcast . Not when the Libertarian notion of individual freedom & rights are being stomped this hard.

Gillespie compliments Will for correctly-identifying The Authoritarian Moment arriving with Fascist Donald Trump. Then asks, "Is the Authoritarian Moment over?" What an out-of-touch thing to ask... as vax mandates and passports are executive-ordered into existence.

Will opines that Trump is 'looking-like a one-trick pony. What would he do next, in 2024? Build The Wall? We've already been down that road..."

Damn right, nigger! Build The Fucking Wall! Slap yourself awake & take a look at the border! English, motherfucker: Do you speak it?

At least George Will gets a few things right: the country is divided between elitist-snobs & deplorables. And the republican party leaders fear & despise their own voters-- one mean-tweet from Trump could mobilize the voters against any republican politician.

https://reason.com/podcast/2021/09/15/g ... he-future/

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Oolon,the Slimy Turd (remember him?) is the subject of a post by Graham Linehan.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/cruelty-as-a-hobby

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_ ... x1548.jpeg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Vax Story

My friend is about 30, looks like a plumber, but is the director for a fairly-successful art gallery... via nothing-but hard work. No one gave him easy breaks. He also trained in pro-wrestling for 6 or 8 years, with meagre success. Last spring, he was extremely sick with Covid... as sick as you can get without needing breathing-assistance. This year he launched his own local wrestling promotion. Their first event went smoothly. Their second event is this weekend. I volunteered to help-- told him no task was beneath-me. Unload the parts of the ring from the truck, set-up the folding-chairs, sell merch & snacks, sweep-up after, whatever.

He just texted me, asking my Vaccination Status.

He's a stoic guy. When I mention politics-- he acts-like he didn't even hear me. Maybe he loves Trump-- but knows that-- in the art scene-- that's like saying I Love Hitler. More-likely he likes Bernie, but keeps that shit private. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out painting Antifa graffiti & trashing shit in a black mask. But if-so, he wouldn't reveal himself-- any-more than if he were a bank robber.

I'm more respectful of his mask-wearing & Covid-fear... than with anyone-else I know. Because I know how sick it made him. But this means there's a huge unspoken chasm between-us. To me-- it feels like nonsense, manufactured by a giant propaganda machine. He's got natural immunity. Plus he's vax'd. Plus he wears masks in public-indoor situations. And he's young & healthy. So there's no reason for him to worry-- except for the false fears implanted in his brain by The Man.

I don't wanna lie to him. I don't wanna troll him with the photo of me shooting horse-paste into my mouth. I don't wanna tell him that not-once during the Fashion Week/ Hunger Games bacchanalia-- was I asked for any proof of Vax. (Despite the mayor's Executive Order 225). But I don't wanna mollycoddle him for asking such an intrusive, asinine question. His wrestling-event isn't-even inside NYC city-limits.

If a veteran wrestler started actually beating-on-him in the ring, he knows to take it without complaint: that type of hazing is still used to sort-out the guys who can 'hang' vs. those who can't. If I asked him to introduce me to shady-guys he grew-up with... so I could buy an illegal gun: he'd make the intro without comment/ no questions asked/ then silently eliminate all future contact with me. <-- an old fashioned street code of duty vs. self-preservation. I'm his friend-- so he's obliged to blindly take-my-side in a hairy emergency... but only-until that emergency is over.

This is a no-win situation. If I lie to him, that deception will always be rotting in the foundation of our friendship. If I challenge his intrusion-- I'll be adding to the complexity of his worries/ in the last hours before this highly-complex event he's constructing.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fafnir wrote: If it hadn't been for the oil industry supressing this technology, we would all have been driving electrical vehicles like this in the mid-80s.

Good news - it's taken some time but we have finally reached that happy state...

rascalsduo.jpg
(70.5 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

zou3gou3 wrote: Oolon,the Slimy Turd (remember him?) is the subject of a post by Graham Linehan.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/cruelty-as-a-hobby

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_ ... x1548.jpeg
Interesting. It didn't take long for the Pit to get his number: it was obvious to most people here very early on that Oolon/"James Billingham"/"Kilgore Sprout"/"Sprout of Wrath"/"the only Sprout" (quoting his name and handles in case he vanity searches) was indeed a slimy turd. Looks as though he's only gotten slimier and turdier.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Unfortunately-- for an article subtitled "Meet James Billingham"-- I found Linehan's writing to be incomprehensible.

For example-- Oolon is "silencing women" "in favor of ... incels"

Who are these incels? Are they actual people who self-identify as involuntarily celibate? Or are they people who literally match the term "incel", even if they don't identify that-way. Or are they not-literally-incels at-all... and that term is merely an colorful insult. Even-more confusing-- I think Linehan is talking-about extreme-trans-activists... who are ford of using the word "incel" to slur others... so it's kinda 'their' word & confusing to apply it to-them.

Too me-- Oolon is the blockbot guy & a slimy shit... but I could only extrapolate from already-knowing that-much about-him/ If Linehan's article were the first introduction, I wouldn't be able to untangle the prose.

Some of this is due to the euphemistic pomo word-games of gender-SJW-freaks. By complying with their tortured phrasings-- Linehan's ability to communicate suffers.

Also-- I'd guess Linehan is too-close to the controversy he's trying to report... so he does not realize what a murky tangle it is-- to someone outside the kerfuffle.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I was going to say that Linehan seems to think that women (double XX's that is) are a special protected class - so that to abuse, harass or even just criticise them is somehow worse than doing to same to anyone else.

I was going to say that, then I did.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Linehan is a cunt too. But cunt on cunt (oo-er, missus!!) is always rewarding to see.

If I was a woman I'd kick Oolon in the Linehan, and vice versa. Cunts.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

MarcusAu wrote: I was going to say that Linehan seems to think that women (double XX's that is) are a special protected class - so that to abuse, harass or even just criticise them is somehow worse than doing to same to anyone else.

I was going to say that, then I did.
Sounds pretty misogynistic. Somebody should cancel him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

For every thing Linehan gets right, he gets at least five completely wrong. And is an utter twat about those five.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'm friends with the in-house therapist for a small regional hospital. Said hospital instituted a vax mandate. Said friend told them she was uncomfortable taking an experimental treatment and found it unethical of them to force her to. So she filled out the paperwork for an exemption, marking the "other reason" box.

So she got called before her bosses and lectured on why she needed to get jabbed to be a 'team player' and a 'good citizen,' yadda yadda. To wrap up, they asked if she had any questions for them. She said, "yeah -- what are you going to do with my 65 clients?"

She just got a letter from the hospital administration thanking her for meeting with them to discuss her concerns, and informing her they'd approved her religious exemption. She's agnostic and never asked for one.

Call the motherfuckers' bluff.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: But cunt on cunt (oo-er, missus!!) is always rewarding to see.
It's 04:47hrs, I was fast asleep when all of a sudden my "letch senses" started tingling! Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I stumbled through to the computer. "Somewhere, something amazing just happened" I thought to myself.

Imagine my disappointment.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Chimp-out has now become vax passport-out:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/c ... e/3277565/

This result is by design.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: It's 04:47hrs...
and

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Looks like they have decided to go in a slightly different direction with the new series...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
and

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=6fJU7ZLrGjI
I still feel cheated...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
and

John D

Post by John D »

I would have pepper sprayed this fucker.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: I would have pepper sprayed this fucker.

outube.com/watch?v=i3QlL6YcCIs
A $20 solution to a $5 problem.

I'd have gone with this...

https://c.tenor.com/Iqhl7lUTxW0AAAAC/ch ... -punch.gif

Followed by brushing his teeth with my steel toe-caps.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: My friend-- with the local pro-wrestling start-up-- asked my Vax Status
I gave my friend a businesslike single-text reply-- which he could accept at face-value & decide I passed-muster.

Or he could-- based soley on a hunch-- suspect that I haven't truly, sincerely accepted the Holy Spike Proteins deep in my heart-of-hearts.

--
He sent no reply. Which-- I did not interpret any-particular way. Maybe he was satisfied. Maybe he was irritated. Maybe he didn't even see my text. The day passed, I was too-busy selling fish to worry about it.

Last night-- I phoned him, to discuss details of me volunteering on his wrestling show, today. He didn't pick-up. A half-hour later, he sent a text saying he meant-to call me earlier, but he was too-stressed & too-busy planning the show. And besides-- he said-- he was now on the subway, so he couldn't talk. The only-other thing he said-- was a cutting-but-opaque remark-- about my reply to his vax question. But his reaction was more-like a dissonant noise/ than a clear statement of accepting/rejecting me.

I waited an hour & called. He didn't pick-up. Half an hour later-- same. My heart was heavy. I consider him a close friend, but he's very circumspect/ so I don't know whether that's reciprocated. And a decade-ago, when my ex was leaving-me-- I sacrificed my dream of training in another city, to be a smalltime pro-wrestler... in-favor of staying-put & trying to save our marriage. I failed & saw my friend's start-up as a second-chance at a missed opportunity.

The irony is-- I'd be willing to get-vax'd in exchange for a solid friendship with that dude & a place in his wrestling operation. Taking health risks & taking a loss when you're told-to are par-for-the-course in pro-wrestling. Signing a deal with the devil, too. But... if I did-so... I'd expect the other party to understand I'd paid a blood-sacrifice & that a reciprocal-obligation was on-them. <--I don't think the vax-pushers understand that last-bit. When an boss or president demands a show of loyalty from his employees-- the boss is remiss if he tells those-who-comply: 'I owe you nothing!'

Maybe my friend knows-that on an unconscious level... & he's avoiding the obligation.

--
Last night I walked-around in the dark, sat on a park bench. Mourned that my friendship was less than I'd hoped. Tried not-to catastrophize the drama beyond necessity. But didn't want to hide in denial of harsh reality, either. I went home & argued with my gf. The social anxiety & disappointment seemed emblematic of all my relationships-- friends, family, creative collaborations, romance-- past & present. I slept like a log, dreamless & woke feeling-better / but worse-off.

--
The vax mandates assume human nature is cowardly & bully-able. It's a 'shit test' which millions fail. Standing-up for yourself is heroic & attractive-- _because_ it's risky & difficult & might chew you up + spit you out/ like a meat-grinder. The Kyle Rittenhouse trial is commencing-- and I find it harrowing to see the news-media monolith fighting-dirty to smear, discredit, destroy him... a split all-of-us, like a wedge.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
Last night I walked-around in the dark, sat on a park bench. Mourned that my friendship was less than I'd hoped.
Even the best relationships have their rules... limits... etc. The strongest relationship I have ever had has very clear limits. This is my marriage. As you know, lately things are pretty shaky...but... during our good years (salad days) I was shocked to learn the limits of my wife's sympathy for me. I was on a business trip and things were going bad. Several of my bosses were told lies about me and I was being attacked from all sides.... for something I didn't do. I was super upset and when I called my wife that night I broke down and started crying. I was lonely, and angry, and scared. She abruptly said she didn't want to talk anymore and said goodbye. One of the worst days in my life... and she hung up on me. Ouch.

She can only help me a little bit. I totally realized that on that night. It changed my life... and since then I have tried to prove my fears wrong... but... she always bails out on me when I am at my worst. No support for the most part.

Haha... I was talking to my wife, daughter, and son-in-law about the topic of men and how we don't share our feelings (they started the convo).... and I said "Yeah... bitches tell you to share your feeling until you cry.... don't cry... bitches don't like any man who cries." The room was silent. Haha. They knew I was right.

And... I would have to say I have limits on my relationships... so I guess others must too. We all make our own rules. I value honesty to a very large degree. I don't know anyone else who values honesty as much as I do. This is my rule.... and others never meet my ideal.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: relationships
There's an ugly assumption about relationships-- built-in to the vax mandates.

The relationship between a waitress checking-a-card and a customer showing-their-papers is assumed to be an impersonal, interchangeable, bureaucratic transaction. As if every restaurant is a corporate chain & all the customers are business-travellers just-passing-through. Same with boss & employees. As if these specific people spending so-much of their lives together can't be bonded-together in specific way by their shared travails.

I understand that business-is-business... personal-is-personal & when those frameworks collide... one will take precedent over the other. Could go either-way.

But the vax-pushers seem oblivous-to the (or hostile-to) the grassroots social environment which they're clear-cutting.

And that's-just the latest iteration-- of a caustic trend. In pursuit of progressive-progress the existing culture is regarded as an obstacle, to be tampered & replaced wily-nilly like a Jenga player who thinks gravity is an oppressive social-construct.

This morning I was thinking-about 'Karens' who demand to Speak To The Manager. Karen is on-board with other-people having 'managers' who control them, at her whim.

But Quis Manager ipso Karens? Progressives are an unchecked Karen-class who authorize-themselves to manage others, but How Dare You apply those same rules to She/Her/They/Them.

This replicates all-the-way to the top-- with Karen Biden disregarding the Supreme Court's ruling on the Eviction Moratorium, & refusing to police the border, or end his son's influence-peddling schemes.

A few years ago I was in a Subway sandwich shop on the Upper East Side. This pelosi-woman was in the store-- with her two boys, maybe 7 & 9 years-old. The boys were on pinballing-around on Razor-scooters crashing-into furniture & fixtures & customers. The woman demanded the construction workers on lunch break in-line ahead of her-- let her order first, as the solution to her boys misbehavior. 'The sooner we order, the sooner we leave.' In a withering-but-calm way, she made it clear the hindu sandwich-makers fate was hers to crush on a whim. I recognized her demeanor as similar to the one I used in a pen of 75 young cattle, all over twice my weight: act purposeful and entitled and only-able to exert pain/ not suffer it. Mind-trick the herd into accepting me as a fait accompli, so the idea of stampeding me into the dirt wouldn't-even cross their mind. John-- I think your wife & daughter & social circle-- all insinctively know that they can never acknowledge you're the breadwinner & the-sane-one... lest you embargo their freeloading. Including the freeloading of your friends, who don't want to carry your family, if you abandon the responsibility.

What a worse-deal foe your family & friends... if your individual, specific care were replaced with an interchangeable, indifferent social worker... watching-the-clock & milking-the-union-rules for a paycheck.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Has Tim Pool developed a brain tumour? There's a noticeable tendency toward bad-temperedness and intolerance of any kind of expediency. Apparently you should kill your kids ambitions to make a point about vaccine mandates.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote: ...Don't re-write your memory, to bury the truth. And DON'T LIE ABOUT IT to others.
:) Not that you're obsessive-compulsive or anything like that ... ;)
When zou3gou3 returned to the pit-- after years without posting-- Lsuoma specifically told him I am 1.) a troll & 2.) I should be 'ignore user'-ed. With only LIES as a basis. I gave proof Lsuoma was lying.

I did the same thing-- when you returned to the pit, Steers, and believed Lsuoma's 'Conspiracy Show' lies against me.

If others arrive & Lsuoma again-attempts to influence their opinion of me-- using lies-- I'll correct the record again.

Does that make me 'obsessive-compulsive' or am I merely reacting to Lsuoma's (obsessive? compulsive?) lies.
Only the Shadow Knows ... ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow

You often make illuminating or entertaining posts, but often many of them are based on questionable assumptions or premises - "Doctor" in the "thriving" community of Lytton ring any bells? Several other cases in the same vein. Understandable in a way as the science associated with vaccinations is murky at best, even more so with the mRNA versions. But it may be somewhat questionable to trigger our immune systems to attack our own cells, although, at first blush, that is little different from credible cancer therapies which seek to do the same thing.

But that's something of a general problem - pretty much all of us have various "unexamined assumptions" and premises that we take as gospel truth. The fellow at Slate Star Codex had something that I think hits the nail squarely and resoundingly on its head:

"Doomed! I say doomed!" ;)

Many don't seem to realize that our points of view often colour our perceptions and arguments in ways that we're simply not aware of or are unwilling to consider:

Memes_ThreeSidesToEveryStory_Perspective1A.jpg
(40.45 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
__
Service Dog wrote: I think the actual reason Lsuoma has a Derangement Syndrome toward-me is...
Learn something new every day ... :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Damage
John D wrote: Wife: "What book are you reading in Audible.... Irreversible Damage... what's that"?

Me: "Yeah... this is the book written by that women we heard an interview with... about sex reassignment... and how it goes wrong."

Wife: ""well, it sounds so mean... like you are reading something terrible."

Me: "It is terrible. Did you know that staying for two years on puberty blockers makes these girls sterile? Doctors pretend that puberty blockers are temporary.... they say that these girls can just pick their sex after they are on blockers. What really happens is that these girls are sterile and they lose their normal sexual development."

Wife: "Well... that can't be right. Surely, if this were happening, it would be all over the news. I would hear about it."

Ahhhh.... the joys of the ignorant.
That "sex reassignment" pharase has to be one of the most egregious euphemisms to come down the pike in a long time - providing cover, more often than not, for turning autistic and dysphoric children into sexless eunuchs. You might enjoy Helen Joyce's "Speaking up for female eunuchs" although the text format is rather mangled:

https://standpointmag.co.uk/speaking-up ... e-eunuchs/

You might also check out her recently published, "Trans: When Ideology Meets Reality":

Rather bizarre if not pathological phenonomon in many ways. Reminds me of Rayshul's (? she of the perfect vagina, supposedly ...) discussion here about body dysmorphic disorder several years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

Rather questionable why sane people would want to mangle their bodies so badly and so extensively. Although, at least in the case of transwomen, there's some reason to think that their "neo-vaginas" - as Dawn Ennis of Out Sports said about "hers" - are so close to the real-meal-deal that only their gynecologists can say for sure:

https://www.outsports.com/2020/1/1/2104 ... bia-awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_reass ... to-female)

In other news of a somewhat related nature, I've now been blocked from any further editing at Wikipedia because I was "disruptive" in challenging the "prevailing orthodoxy" there when it comes to the topic of gender. The bloom is now well-and-truly off that rose, though it is still a useful site.

Interestingly and along the same line, I recently ran across an Orwell quote - "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - that I tracked down to a NYT article of some 50 years ago; of particular note:
The British press is extremely centralized, and most of it is owned by wealthy men who have every motive to be dishonest on certain important topics. But the same kind of veiled censorship also operates in books and periodicals, as well as in plays, films and radio. At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right thinking people will accept without question. It not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other but it is “not done” to say it, just as in mid‐Victorian times it was “not done” to mention trousers in the presence of a lady. Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising effectiveness. A genuinely unfashionable opinion is almost never given a fair hearing, either in the popular press or in the highbrow periodicals.
https://www.nytimes.com/1972/10/08/arch ... =url-share

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, just saw doggie's rant because Steerzo quoted it. Looks like doggie is claiming I lied about me claiming that I referenced the withdrawal of the key Ivermectin paper.

How about this:

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p503839

Poor little woofer is really confuzzled, I think.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: So, just saw doggie's rant because Steerzo quoted it. Looks like doggie is claiming I lied about me claiming that I referenced the withdrawal of the key Ivermectin paper.

How about this:

"He said, she said ..." But sorry about that. ;)

Though the sources didn't look all that credible. Not that I disagree with the premise that there's no shortage of conspiracies surrounding Covid.

In any case, I was amused to see a quip by MarcusAu:

"The world is a strange place - and appears to have been that way for some time..."

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p503852

Which reminded me of a favourite quote of J.B.S. Haldane:

"My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._S._ ... Quotations

Though I've periodically seen the quote bowdlerized - "queer" presumably triggering various "dirty movies" as Lenny Bruce once put it.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I can't tell what is true because there's no spinning dancer.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: So, just saw doggie's rant because Steerzo quoted it. Looks like doggie is claiming I lied about me claiming that I referenced the withdrawal of the key Ivermectin paper.

How about this:

No, you didn't "just saw doggie's rant", you only-saw the part Steersman snip-quoted.

So-- you AGAIN fail-to-see that... both originally/ and more-recently... I AGREE WITH YOU that the Egyptian ivermectin paper was defective-- hopelessly riddled with false data. My only critiques of your post were 1.) noting the irony of you using them term 'logrolling'... while also citing two sources which were 'logrolling' each-other, bigtime. And 2.) by linking to those sources you-- introduced-us to a couple of antifa lolcows with a blog mostly-devoted to stalking Tim Pool and calling Andy Ngo a nazi. And they also-happen to be right about that bogus Ivermectin study.

---

The other-thing you missed-- by only-seeing Steersman's snipped-replies... is my summary of the
History Of Ivermectin-Talk On The Pit.

A history which shows that Nobody Here At The Pit was really shilling-very-hard for Ivermectin... at the time Lsuoma posted about that bogus study:

Bhurzum was the first to mention news about Ivermectin, in relation to Covid, in April 2020:
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... in#p495337

Over the next 3 days-- Ivermectin remained a minor topic of conversation-- in fewer-than-10-posts by Hunt, Driftless, Matt, Lsuoma-- all lighthearted & genial. And then it was not mentioned again for THIRTEEN MONTHS.

Until May 2021, when Matt made a single passing reference to it.

20 days later-- Javis posted about Ivermectin a single time: a link to Bret W. discussing it with Benjamin Boyce.

No more mentions-- until
July 10, 2021-- when John D. posted about his frustrations with Bret W.-- for being long-winded/ with a lack of double-blind peer reviewed control group studies-- results to back his claims.

And that was literally the FIRST TIME AND ONLY i engaged on the topic of Ivermectin, prior to Lsuoma's debunking of the Egypt study: On July 10, I told John I shared his doubts about Bret W. I offered a summary of Bret W.'s podcast reply to a Quillette article criticizing Bret. And that's it. One post-- as full of even-handed information as I could make it:
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... in#p503748

Matt, Javis & Marcus replied, sparsely, with their opinions about Bret Weinstein. Everyone was calm & reasonable. 7 days later, I posted a video debunking Eric Weinstein's theoretical physics claims-- as evidence that big-brother-Weinstein might be a kook, too.

And then Lsuoma posted that debunk-post about the Egyptian Ivermectin study. Not-replying to any pitter in particular, not in response to some epidemic of Ivermectin conspiracy-theory by me or anyone-else on the pit.

Lsuoma is doing an excellent job of demonstrating the shortcomings of debating from within a bubble, rather-than engaging with your opponent's actual points.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: You often make illuminating or entertaining posts, but often many of them are based on questionable assumptions or premises - "Doctor" in the "thriving" community of Lytton ring any bells? Several other cases in the same vein.
I think it's misleading to attribute that "thriving" claim to me, especially using quote-marks, when I said no-such-thing. You used the word "thriving", Steersman, not me. You were being sarcastic. No one made that claim as plain-truth.

My post said the community was "small" and quoted the doctor saying he had vaccinated about 900 patients in the area.

I also said: "I don't know if Dr. Charles Hoffe of Lytton, B.C. is trustworthy. But I do know the journalists and officials censoring him are untrustworthy."
You often make illuminating or entertaining posts,
Thank you.
but often many of them are based on questionable assumptions or premises
Sometimes true. The example foremost in my mind were my live-as-it-happened posts after Election Day 2020. A deluge of claims were being made by Guiliani, Lin Wood, Syndey Powell (all of whom I detest). Those claims were so spectacular-- that they were worthy of note. Yet the mainstream-journalism and Big Tech Censors responded with news blackouts & bannings. Prompting-me to post the claims with attribution, not-necessarily endorsement. Those-here who replied by smearing me as a QAnon supporter were not telling the truth.

An even-more-specific example from that time-- was when I posted images of two women at an election hearing in one state-- juxtaposed with two women in another state... counting ballots. I genuinely wondered whether it was the same pair in both images. My speculation was incorrect & I admitted-it as-soon as the truth was apparent.

I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: I can't tell what is true because there's no spinning dancer.
:) ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_dancer

Updated version of the video that's much less distracting.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: You often make illuminating or entertaining posts, but often many of them are based on questionable assumptions or premises - "Doctor" in the "thriving" community of Lytton ring any bells? Several other cases in the same vein.
I think it's misleading to attribute that "thriving" claim to me, especially using quote-marks, when I said no-such-thing. You used the word "thriving", Steersman, not me. You were being sarcastic. No one made that claim as plain-truth.

My post said the community was "small" and quoted the doctor saying he had vaccinated about 900 patients in the area.

I also said: "I don't know if Dr. Charles Hoffe of Lytton, B.C. is trustworthy. But I do know the journalists and officials censoring him are untrustworthy."
Didn't mean to suggest that you had actually said "thriving". As you suggest, I was being sarcastic - using "scare quotes":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

But you may well be right about the "censoring him". If there's any benefit at all to Covid it may consist in bringing out the "kooks" in pretty much all sides of any given fence.
Service Dog wrote:
<snip>

I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.
Quite likely the case. But a common problem:

To kill two birds with the one stone, you said in another recent post:
7 days later, I posted a video debunking Eric Weinstein's theoretical physics claims-- as evidence that big-brother-Weinstein might be a kook, too.
Sounds plausible - you have a link?

Somewhat apropos of which, you might like an oldish Scientific American interview with physicist & blogger Sabine Hossenfelder - one smart cookie. A salient quote that may well be applicable to Weinstein, at least part of it:
Hossenfelder: Writing is what keeps me sane. I’m not sure whether that’s a career advantage in high-energy physics today.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cr ... -thinking/

You should be able to open the link in an incognito window.

John D

Post by John D »

Hey bitches. Just some Sunday night BS. Skip this if you don't care...

The pyt has been a great place to spitball shit and see if it sticks. Lots of us say shit that may or may not be correct... but it is a test sight. At least this is my view. I have said some really stupid shit on here and get called for it. All the better.

But... when I get smacked down I know it is from someone who gives a shit... and often knows more than I do... a pytter.

I have lots of friends (real... flesh and blood friends... people I actually hug when I see them). But... my thoughts will not mix with most of them. I am smart enough to make a joke at the right time and make them laugh. I am talented enough to play them songs on my guitar. and... I am cautious enough to keep my mouth shut about most things I am thinking.

Had to put up with all kinds of crap at dinner tonight with my brother and friends after a show today... but still had fun. My running joke is that I really want to get the wu-flu now, while the jab will still keep me out of the hospital. Then I will have decent immunity. Half my friends think this is funny and half think it is appalling. "Don't you know people who got really sick from the coof?" and I'm like... "Yeah... I just have a dark sense of humor." I do know several people in their 50s who died from the coof... so... no doubt it is real.

My wife and dog and I visited my mom in memory care Saturday. A really good day out with my wife... if that makes any sense. We sat outside with my 85 YO mom and I played old songs for her on my guitar. "Mill Stream", and "Daisy", and stuff. My mom can barely hear, even with hearing aids, but she could sing along to the songs. I should see her more but it is hard for me to do it. Very hard to watch people fall apart. The old people sat around and played with our dog and clapped along to my songs. If you want a good audience go to an old folks home and play "Michael Row Your Boat". Haha. Big hit. by the way... on a side note... if you have never read the lyrics to "Daisy" you really should. Honestly.... one of the best written songs I know. Sooooo funny with great innuendo. One of the best songs ever written IMHO.

Turning 60 soon so I am having a big party next Saturday. We will try to play Bowie's "Modern Love". I think we can pull it off. Of all of Bowie's songs I think that "Life on Mars" and "Modern Love" have lasted the best. Just my stupid opinion... not worth much.

Finally - I am listening to Bret W and Heather H.'s "Hunter Gatherers Guide to the 21st Century". It is pretty good. I don't agree with their Malthusian pessimism, but they pull up some interesting threads on how to think about the world. Culture as a force that affects genetics and such.

Have a good week everyone.

John D

Post by John D »

and... even though I am reading Bret and Heather's book.... I still think they are mostly wrong about Ivermectin. Things are complicated.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Got clot-shotted at the Jabatoir this morning.

So far I haven’t died.

It seems to me that Govt lack of subtlety, a shitty 🇨🇳 sourced problem, a shitty but necessary 💉 solution and an unavoidable but depressing degrading of rights - due to change of circumstance - can all coexist.

Who knew?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or maybe our govt hates us and wants us dead.

“Pick a box”

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: 7 days later, I posted a video debunking Eric Weinstein's theoretical physics claims-- as evidence that big-brother-Weinstein might be a kook, too.
Sounds plausible - you have a link?
These two posts link-to the video, & comprise my reactions at-the-time:

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... ht#p503811

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... ht#p503824

and below is a link to an Eric Weinstein interview with Krystal Ball, and my reaction:
Service Dog wrote: ↑
"Eric Weinstein suuuuuccccks. I wish it wasn't true. I'm overloaded with opinion-streams which I can only listen-to critically. Wish there was someone I really trusted right now, so I could relax and nod-along. Woulda gladly given Eric that job. But he blew it bigtime."
"
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... in#p501170

Prior to that... I found much fault with Eric W's appearance on Glenn Beck, here & here:

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... in#p501148

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p501160

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Looks like doggie is claiming I lied
about me claiming
that I referenced
the withdrawal of the key Ivermectin paper.
I can't parse that sentence. If anyone-else knows what it means-- please re-phrase it, so I can comprehend.

Have I indeed claimed Lsuoma lied about Lsuoma claiming that Lsuoma referenced the withdrawal of
"the key Ivermectin paper" ?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

In which Andrew Doyle argues in favour of limiting speech...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm
Got clot-shotted at the Jabatoir this morning.

So far I haven’t died.

It seems to me that Govt lack of subtlety, a shitty 🇨🇳 sourced problem, a shitty but necessary 💉 solution and an unavoidable but depressing degrading of rights - due to change of circumstance - can all coexist.

Who knew?
Why unavoidable? How is it that when this Lurgi (sorry, unabashed Goon fan) was new and had a 200% death rate our bosses (supposed to be servants) had to persuade us with curve flattening and ICU overload as justification, but now that they're having to work overtime to maintain the scariness timidity is the only valid way? Can people not see how comprehensively we've been softened up and brought to heel? Why have we not taken the positive route of protecting the vulnerable and telling the facts of life to lardasses and sugar fiends? Yes, I know healthy people can succumb, but then I've yet to see any research on how much more likely the young and healthy are to succumb to this than to other diseases.

Call me selfish if you will, but bear in mind that I am 58 years old and not in the best of health with a crappy diet. Bad diet is through circumstance and if I do get ill my only recourse is a public health service I wouldn't subject a dog to. Why must the young have their childhoods robbed for people like me? Why must so many millions have their ambitions shattered to keep a relatively small number of us alive?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: Got clot-shotted at the Jabatoir this morning.

So far I haven’t died.
Finally got my second dose of Pfizer last week. Disappointingly little reaction, but that seems par for the course for the immunosuppressed. Provincial govt. is considering authorizing a third dose for certain people, and being within the first two years of an allogeneic HSCT I would qualify. My end of this province has just been declared a 'red zone' because of a flock of Mennonites who won't be vaccinated and have all come down with it at once. We had been seeing something like half a dozen new cases a day, and then it jumped up over a hundred. Funny that the Bible only mentions plagues that destroy Egyptians and other ungodly types. I now have the schedule of catch-up infant immunizations that are to be given to my brand-new immune system: nineteen shots over a few months, with up to five being given at once. Strangely, I can't wait to get started and regain some missing immunocompetence. Probably gives the anti-vaxxers the heebie-jeebies.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: Probably gives the anti-vaxxers the heebie-jeebies.
Probably? As long as you're beating-up imaginary enemies... go-ahead & fantasize you won decisively.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: You often make illuminating or entertaining posts, but often many of them are based on questionable assumptions or premises
https://media.patriots.win/post/bvPnnobQ.png

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-cont ... 9-2021.jpg

https://media.patriots.win/post/K6sRuBx2.png

Your credit score may soon depend on your web history
Ethan Rotberg
Sun, September 19, 2021, 9:00 AM·5 min read

In the not-too-distant future, your internet habits could help determine how much house you can buy and the rate on your next auto loan.

Sounds ridiculous? Right now, your credit score — that three-digit number that tells lenders how responsible you are — is based on simple financial information, like your payment history and debt level.

But research posted to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) website suggests companies will soon be looking at a lot more data to get an accurate picture of the risk you pose as a borrower.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/credit-s ... 00431.html

https://media.patriots.win/post/KHOHfD5h.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/wy3hSmNX.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Protests in Australia look very promising just like they did in Cuba

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/09 ... ce-n445417

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: ... cases ....
:sleeping-yellow:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: and... even though I am reading Bret and Heather's book.... I still think they are mostly wrong about Ivermectin. Things are complicated.
Let's not forget that they taught at one of the shittiest colleges in the Western Hemisphere, and Bret has voiced some ... creative ideas about evolution.

But the unhinged, pitchforks and torches backlash against Ivermectin makes no logical sense to something that can't hurt, might help. But the Branch Covidians are cultists, and heresy must be crushed.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 am
screwtape wrote: ... cases ....
:sleeping-yellow:
Let's talk about the world's favourite infectious killer, TB. Sorry, not a big problem for lilywhite 1st world octos. I thought I'd mention it because it kills about as many people in this country every year as Covid has done so far and it's on track to kill a lot more because of the Covid panic disruption. I think it has probably killed more people in poorer countries than the pandemic has in the same period. By Covidian logic we should have spent the last 50 years in hazmat suits. It's a poor man's disease though and it gets the poor man response.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:35 am
John D wrote: and... even though I am reading Bret and Heather's book.... I still think they are mostly wrong about Ivermectin. Things are complicated.
Let's not forget that they taught at one of the shittiest colleges in the Western Hemisphere, and Bret has voiced some ... creative ideas about evolution.

But the unhinged, pitchforks and torches backlash against Ivermectin makes no logical sense to something that can't hurt, might help. But the Branch Covidians are cultists, and heresy must be crushed.
Those terribly responsible and evidence-based docs are at pains to STRESS that an Ivermectin overdose is DANGEROUS, although failing to mention that just about every drug is dangerous in overdose and considerably more so than Ivermectin. Strangely, it's only worth mentioning as a danger concerning Ivermectin.

The Japanese med authorities are quite positive about Ivermectin which is worth noting considering how conservative they tend to be about drug approval. The evidence for Ivermectin is a lot stronger than most will admit. There are more forms of legitimate trial than the "gold standard" ones which will give variable results depending on timing and dosage.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:35 am

I don't think it was at all shitty. Benjamin Boyce, for one, is grateful for the quality of education he received there. It was said to have had a very distinct and very successful approach to education. My uninformed guess is that the Hoomanities Dept abused the didactic freedom they were given and then George Bridges oozed in.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Those terribly responsible and evidence-based docs are at pains to STRESS that an Ivermectin overdose is DANGEROUS, although failing to mention that just about every drug is dangerous in overdose and considerably more so than Ivermectin. Strangely, it's only worth mentioning as a danger concerning Ivermectin.
[A]n acute toxic dose is about 250 times the therapeutic dose.  That's around 60 vials of horse paste.  'Nuff said?
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ebate.html

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17234315/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Disgust being cultivated against the unvaxxed as a tool to impose totalitarianism:

https://www.aier.org/article/why-totali ... mote-hate/